Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KOC…

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
D_H

KOC…

Post by D_H »

Im not impressed
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Re: KOC…

Post by Night Train »

There are areas he can improve on. But, I like him over Zimmer.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

He would be so much better if he had Dobbsie starting at QB for 5 years.
Bunker Inspector

Post by Bunker Inspector »

These idiots are going to convince themselves that Kirk is the best option going forward

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Absolute 1000% genius by KOC today. He is playing chess and y'all are playing checkers. If you don't see it than you do NOT know football unless you were a Division 2 Player. The more I study his calls and analyze said calls and Schemes the more impressed I am. KOC is on fire and nobody better than him!
D_H

Post by D_H »

Never have seen a guy go in a shell after getting a little lead. He has a lot to learn.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

KOC is getting lit up in the comments section of the souhan column. i dare say the honeymoon period is over. that's what happens when you can lay the last three one score losses at the head coach's feet.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

The bears game was maybe the worst for me.

A chance to put the game away, and he essentially kneeled down 3 times. While the bears had 3 timeouts and there was over 3 minutes on the clock.

It's hard for an offense to stay in rhythm when he just shuts it down. Then go oh shit our lead is down to nothing. Time to turn it back on.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:35 am KOC is getting lit up in the comments section of the souhan column. i dare say the honeymoon period is over. that's what happens when you can lay the last three one score losses at the head coach's feet.
It is deserving after this season. Top of the league in turnovers and dropped passes. Different quarterbacks and same results.

These games have been lost by some bad decisions. What bothered me was in the 4th quarter with momentum shifting on first down he calls this deep pass to JJ. Mullens throws into double coverage for nothing. Next play we get an offensive line penalty. We play sloppy and go 3 and out. Bengals have the momentum and get the ball back. They score again.

That happens late in games too often with KOC. He is aggressive at the wrong time and conservative at the wrong times. 3rd and inches at the end with the season on the line in overtime and we run a tush push, which we have never done well. 4th down we try it again.

Punts late that were a waste. Calling good plays with Dobbs in there one week and then trying to make him into Cousins the next.

Mattison up the gut against a 10 man front. Screens that never work. A run game that is an afterthought. But the turnovers and drops at the top of the league is awful. We were 1-4 and this was over before crawling back to 4-4. Now we are 7-7.

If KOC brings Cousins back and tries this again next season with his Achilles and age it will be worse. He will be the next coach fired for Cousins. But I’m not seeing anything dynamic from KOC.

Shoulda hired that guy from Michigan. :lol:
D_H

Post by D_H »

cunningham wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:17 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:35 am KOC is getting lit up in the comments section of the souhan column. i dare say the honeymoon period is over. that's what happens when you can lay the last three one score losses at the head coach's feet.
It is deserving after this season. Top of the league in turnovers and dropped passes. Different quarterbacks and same results.

These games have been lost by some bad decisions. What bothered me was in the 4th quarter with momentum shifting on first down he calls this deep pass to JJ. Mullens throws into double coverage for nothing. Next play we get an offensive line penalty. We play sloppy and go 3 and out. Bengals have the momentum and get the ball back. They score again.

That happens late in games too often with KOC. He is aggressive at the wrong time and conservative at the wrong times. 3rd and inches at the end with the season on the line in overtime and we run a tush push, which we have never done well. 4th down we try it again.

Punts late that were a waste. Calling good plays with Dobbs in there one week and then trying to make him into Cousins the next.

Mattison up the gut against a 10 man front. Screens that never work. A run game that is an afterthought. But the turnovers and drops at the top of the league is awful. We were 1-4 and this was over before crawling back to 4-4. Now we are 7-7.

If KOC brings Cousins back and tries this again next season with his Achilles and age it will be worse. He will be the next coach fired for Cousins. But I’m not seeing anything dynamic from KOC.

Yep they should have never let Jim Harbaugh out of the building. He is a professional coach.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:17 am

The only way I won’t rage of they bring Cousins back is if it’s a stop gap situation while they get their guy drafted this year. I’m fine with it in that situation. With that said, I know I can check off that they won’t be contending for the next couple of years but they likely won’t be anyway.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

hategreenticemase

Tmoney wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:25 pm
:lol:
D_H

Post by D_H »

Tmoney wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:25 pm

That’s grate lol
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Deserved to lose that game, offensive genius runs a player two times in a row that's going to get banned.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

KOC=PJ.

Same coach.

Lotta bullshit speak that means nothing and gives up losses he shouldn't.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

when a team loses by three or less points to a team that isn't decidedly better than your team on paper you can almost always point to a decision(s) by the head coach as to why the game was an L. and vice versa. the buck stops with KOC. he can talk about his players having to get better--but the bottom line is that he has to get better so these close losses turn into Ws.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:05 pm KOC=PJ.

Same coach.

Come on man, not even close.
hategreenticemase

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:55 pm when a team loses by three or less points to a team that isn't decidedly better than your team on paper you can almost always point to a decision(s) by the head coach as to why the game was an L. and vice versa. the buck stops with KOC. he can talk about his players having to get better--but the bottom line is that he has to get better so these close losses turn into Ws.
Coaching, elite communication and quality culture 💯 why we beat Atlanta with a guy who had resided in Minnesota for about 48 hours. I would argue it is mostly why this team last year, with a fucking retarded monkey coaching it's defense, which provided an awful defense - was able to win 13 games and be clutch.

A very strong case can be made that coaching 100% lost all 3 of the last 3 losses.

Both things can and are true. I legitimately think - and please consider my moniker when pondering this - Saturday was the most egregious coaching performance since the Tice/Chili era's. Abjectly awful.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ForCaleb wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:27 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:05 pm KOC=PJ.

Same coach.

Come on man, not even close.
This. Nothing compares to the fraud Fleck is. Well. Maybe Tim Brewster. :lol:

At least Fleck had a year with Jerrahs guys too.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:05 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:55 pm when a team loses by three or less points to a team that isn't decidedly better than your team on paper you can almost always point to a decision(s) by the head coach as to why the game was an L. and vice versa. the buck stops with KOC. he can talk about his players having to get better--but the bottom line is that he has to get better so these close losses turn into Ws.
Coaching, elite communication and quality culture 💯 why we beat Atlanta with a guy who had resided in Minnesota for about 48 hours. I would argue it is mostly why this team last year, with a fucking retarded monkey coaching it's defense, which provided an awful defense - was able to win 13 games and be clutch.

A very strong case can be made that coaching 100% lost all 3 of the last 3 losses.

Both things can and are true. I legitimately think - and please consider my moniker when pondering this - Saturday was the most egregious coaching performance since the Tice/Chili era's. Abjectly awful.
when the margin of error is so slim you best not be making any. in every one of those losses you can point to decisions by KOC that adversely affected the outcome of the games.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

and yes he had his best game as an NFL coach in atlanta before things went pear-shaped.
hategreenticemase

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:10 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:05 pm

when the margin of error is so slim you best not be making any. in every one of those losses you can point to decisions by KOC that adversely affected the outcome of the games.
Yep.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Another thing to bring up about KOC… Has this team looked any better on offense since JJ came back?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Rube, he almost got JJ killed over the middle…
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Here is a thought, Chandler just had the first over 100 yard day by a runningback since 2022 for the squad. Most rubes here have been calling for him to be the guy over Mattison all season. Mattison goes down and Chandler steps up. Then KOC puts Powell out there twice for the tush-push. How is it that we all saw that Chandler was the better back all season and KOC missed it?

This is where I wonder about Hall. He is fresh out of college and stayed at BYU because his family was there. He played two sports well, so we know he is an athlete. In his limited action against Atlanta he had a 108 quarterback rating, 83% completion rate, and 78 yards. The kid put his life on the line and was rewarded by being demoted.

This season is done with Mullens or Dobbs out there. I get that Mullens gets one more shot after being here two years and being in the system, but KOC waited too long with Dobbs. Dobbs should have been pulled in his 4 interception game. Mullens nearly had 4 and will probably have more on Xmas Eve.

Why are the football minds here seeing these things and not the head coach? What if Chandler had played earlier and Mattison was benched when we were all calling for it a month ago? Is it because he missed on block? His size? Was it that Mattison has the second most drops on a team with the most in the NFL?

It has been a very frustrating season. Changes need to be made. If Flores leaves (less of a threat after these last games) and Cousins is marched out there as the starter with Phillips sipping Phillips on his way to the game we will be trapped in the purgatory that has encompassed us fans for decades. KOC will need to make some changes to his offense, and the first should be hiring a legit OC to call plays. At least someone from a system that is thriving to get some new ideas on how to run a screen play!
Hector

Post by Hector »

cunningham wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:49 am Here is a thought, Chandler just had the first over 100 yard day by a runningback since 2022 for the squad. Most rubes here have been calling for him to be the guy over Mattison all season. Mattison goes down and Chandler steps up. Then KOC puts Powell out there twice for the tush-push. How is it that we all saw that Chandler was the better back all season and KOC missed it?

This is where I wonder about Hall. He is fresh out of college and stayed at BYU because his family was there. He played two sports well, so we know he is an athlete. In his limited action against Atlanta he had a 108 quarterback rating, 83% completion rate, and 78 yards. The kid put his life on the line and was rewarded by being demoted.

This season is done with Mullens or Dobbs out there. I get that Mullens gets one more shot after being here two years and being in the system, but KOC waited too long with Dobbs. Dobbs should have been pulled in his 4 interception game. Mullens nearly had 4 and will probably have more on Xmas Eve.

Why are the football minds here seeing these things and not the head coach? What if Chandler had played earlier and Mattison was benched when we were all calling for it a month ago? Is it because he missed on block? His size? Was it that Mattison has the second most drops on a team with the most in the NFL?

It has been a very frustrating season. Changes need to be made. If Flores leaves (less of a threat after these last games) and Cousins is marched out there as the starter with Phillips sipping Phillips on his way to the game we will be trapped in the purgatory that has encompassed us fans for decades. KOC will need to make some changes to his offense, and the first should be hiring a legit OC to call plays. At least someone from a system that is thriving to get some new ideas on how to run a screen play!
I agree on Hall. I'm not saying he's the savior but the way KOC refused to give Chandler a chance, I'm not trusting his judement.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Hector wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:21 pm
cunningham wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:49 am Here is a thought, Chandler just had the first over 100 yard day by a runningback since 2022 for the squad. Most rubes here have been calling for him to be the guy over Mattison all season. Mattison goes down and Chandler steps up. Then KOC puts Powell out there twice for the tush-push. How is it that we all saw that Chandler was the better back all season and KOC missed it?

I agree on Hall. I'm not saying he's the savior but the way KOC refused to give Chandler a chance, I'm not trusting his judement.
If it makes you guys feel better, KOC was still the guy that drafted Chandler.
That has to count for something.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
hategreenticemase

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:58 pm

I would assume he is the one who wanted Purdy ufda and who pushed for Hall. Sure, those things matter and give me hope.

But O, he is also the guy who wasted the bye investing in a QB who very clearly couldn't play, and who then proceeded in a game versus a team that's not very good couldn't generate a damn point and had to be pulled. Very clearly he should have been pulled in the prior game as well and that may have cost us that win. Factor in fairly obvious scenario we're not only running back to is better than running back one but running back one also was abjectly terrible the first seven or eight games and turn the ball over a lot? Knocking overlook that and my respect for his judgment has taken a pretty big hit.

Hector is spot on.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:58 pm

In the old KFAN dawn, Zimmer was shredded for not playing Diggs the first two games. This seems a lot worse in my mind. It's not like Chandler was being shelved behind a superstar.

I'm not on the fire KOC bandwagon, but I'm paying attention.