Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

No Roof a Problem?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Miley Cyrus

No Roof a Problem?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Temps look like they won't make it out of the 30s for the opening series. Still plan on layering up and going to Saturday's game regardless. :punch:
bubu dubu.

Re: No Roof a Problem?

Post by bubu dubu. »

lol.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

I was wondering when this thread would pop up. Bundle up boys! Have some hot cocoa, or a few whiskey's and you'll be fine.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:32 am I was wondering when this thread would pop up. Bundle up boys! Have some hot cocoa, or a few whiskey's and you'll be fine.
Bring some extra cash, though. That hot cocoa ain't free!! :lol:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 am
Small Hands wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:32 am I was wondering when this thread would pop up. Bundle up boys! Have some hot cocoa, or a few whiskey's and you'll be fine.
i think it is when it's that cold.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Breakfast on the Plaza Thursday morning. :naners:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am
You might have missed the bit from a few years back. I made a jab at St. Peter when the Twins charged fans for hot chocolate during a storm. It was in good jest, but the homers let me have it. :lol:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 am
weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 am

You might have missed the bit from a few years back. I made a jab at St. Peter when the Twins charged fans for hot chocolate during a storm. It was in good jest, but the homers let me have it. :lol:
yep. missed it. i might not be right about that hot cocoa stuff anyways. i just thought i read that they do that when it gets real cold.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

No roof in KC. I'm here tonight watching KC White Sox at 6:15PM
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Have fun freezing yer azz off. If I am going to watch I'll be parked on my barcalounger in front of my 65" HD TV with plenty of Mich Ultra in the fridge! I'll probably be watching in short sleeves as the temp will be seta t about 70 degrees in mi casa!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

No roof if a problem in many places. I'm not sure why some of you think this is the only place without a roof where its still cold in april or october?
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:59 am
Breakfast on the Plaza Thursday morning. :naners:
Some hot flapjacks will warm your furnace plus the syrup is served warm too.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JPM wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:13 pm No roof in KC. I'm here tonight watching KC White Sox at 6:15PM
Who won the game today?
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

It'll be more of a concern in getting the 10" of snow out of there that is going to fall Monday through Tuesday.
My body, my choice.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:09 pm
JPM wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:13 pm No roof in KC. I'm here tonight watching KC White Sox at 6:15PM
Who won the game today?

Considering we sat on the runway for an hour getting deiced at KCI I don't think anyone won today.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Now I'm somewhere above Iowa
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JPM wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 pm
Who won the game today?

Considering we sat on the runway for an hour getting deiced at KCI I don't think anyone won today.
nice bit..not even Clark is a big enough of an idiot to bother flying from KC to Mpls..
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:36 pm Have fun freezing yer azz off. If I am going to watch I'll be parked on my barcalounger in front of my 65" HD TV with plenty of Mich Ultra in the fridge! I'll probably be watching in short sleeves as the temp will be seta t about 70 degrees in mi casa!
Winner winner chicken dinner!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

A Kickass Offense wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:55 pm No roof if a problem in many places. I'm not sure why some of you think this is the only place without a roof where its still cold in april or october?
Well it seems some also think no teams have ever played baseball outside before. Going on a decade of stink and people are still filing in.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Who won the game today?

nice bit..not even Clark is a big enough of an idiot to bother flying from KC to Mpls..
With 4 $200 vouchers to use before June JPM did FLY to KC.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JPM wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:36 pm

With 4 $200 vouchers to use before June JPM did FLY to KC.
Ummmmmm......that doesn't make sense Clark fraud..

Here......
Let's settle it whether you are Clark, or not....

Clark stated where I live...so its out there already.....

Where do I live JPM?
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Somewhere near Main Street in St Anthony Main as you told us. You went to DLS and cheered on Damon Dragotas.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JPM wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:23 pm Somewhere near Main Street in St Anthony Main as you told us. You went to DLS and cheered on Damon Dragotas.
Close........
but I'll give you some credit for trying to make some kind of lame comment at the end..

Why would I have cheered Dragotis?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Ticket's should be free with hot cocoa provided
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Go Damon!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 am Ticket's should be free with hot cocoa provided
When is it too cold for baseball? Twins will have to decide during chilly homestand
The combination of a stubborn winter that won’t go away and a long home stand against uncommon opponents will lead to some tough decisions for the Twins and their fans soon.

The combination of a stubborn winter that won’t go away and a long home stand against uncommon opponents will lead to some tough decisions for the Twins and their fans soon.

At the heart of the matter is this question: When is it too nasty outside to play baseball?

“A lot of variables go into assessing whether you’re going to play,” Twins President Dave St. Peter said Monday. “Air temperature is one, wind is another and of course precipitation is the biggest concern. Beyond that, you think about things like whether a team is returning over the course of a season.”

Because of those variables, St. Peter said deciding whether to play is “far from an exact science,” and Major League Baseball has no specific criteria.

But all the factors St. Peter mentioned could be in play starting Thursday, when the Twins are slated to open their home schedule against the Mariners in a game that has already been announced as a sellout.

Thursday’s forecast calls for sun and a high in the mid-30s — and that chilly day might be nicer than the next several days that follow it. Friday is a scheduled off day, and temps are only projected to climb into the mid-20s in Minneapolis.

“If Friday was markedly better than Thursday, we might consider postponing Thursday,” St. Peter said. “But we fully expect to play Thursday.”

Saturday might not climb above freezing. Sunday and Monday it might snow — the former being the finale of the Seattle series and the latter being the start of a series against Houston that ends Wednesday, with the forecast for the final two games only being marginally better.

Those are the only scheduled series for both teams at Target Field this season, so a postponement without an immediate makeup during the same series would mean trying to find a common off date to play later in the season.

http://www.startribune.com/when-is-it-t ... 478576363/
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

who was the idiot that used to argue this on the basis fans should be guaranteed a game because some might travel here for the game?
that one always cracked me up.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 am who was the idiot that used to argue this on the basis fans should be guaranteed a game because some might travel here for the game?
Rickinfargo or lovethebrewers who became.... forgot the username. senor smoke?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 am who was the idiot that used to argue this on the basis fans should be guaranteed a game because some might travel here for the game?
Yea, that's what LTB changed his name to.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:08 pm
:lol: I remember everyone trolling Rickinfargo accusing him of trying to move the Twins/Vikings to Fargo. He was very serious.