Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

No Roof a Problem?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: No Roof a Problem?

Post by weimy froob »

they can't play baseball tomorrow-can they?
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

whoopty doo. The MN United had their hope opener last year at TCF Bank in the what is now the coldest game ever played in MLS history. 19 degrees and snowing. Baseball fans are a bunch of pussies!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

JigglyPuff wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 pm whoopty doo. The MN United had their hope opener last year at TCF Bank in the what is now the coldest game ever played in MLS history. 19 degrees and snowing. Baseball fans are a bunch of pussies!
i did see the highlights of that and they were playing in shorts if i'm remembering right. but they get to run all the time. the players stay warm. baseball when there's half foot of snow on the ground going into the stadium just doesn't sound right.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tomorrow will be fine as the sun will shine most of the game and hey, it's the opener! What I can't wait for are the night games next week....temps dropping into the 20's, games on a school night, flurries, etc..... I bet they are LUCKY if they get more than 7-8 thousand in the stands!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

true fans.

As temps hovered around 20 degrees this morning, one of the coldest opening days on record, Twins fans lined up for the annual Breakfast on the Plaza.

John Erdall hands out a breakfast hotdog to fan Nicole Norman of Minneapolis. The Twins held their annual Breakfast on the Plaza on Thursday as temps hovered around 20 degrees.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

JigglyPuff wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 pm whoopty doo. The MN United had their hope opener last year at TCF Bank in the what is now the coldest game ever played in MLS history. 19 degrees and snowing. Baseball fans are a bunch of pussies!

:lol:

You follow the fucking minnesota soccer team, and you call others "pussies"!
soccer was made for pussies. Did you wear your scarf?
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

tbgh wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:44 pm

:lol:

You follow the fucking minnesota soccer team, and you call others "pussies"!
soccer was made for pussies. Did you wear your scarf?
What do you mean?
https://youtu.be/LC-H2wXK4T4
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i have a hard time believing they'd play a game today if scheduled. low 20's with a north wind making it feel more like a playoff game at lambeau than springtime at target field.

18°

REALFEEL™
-4°
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Actually I have a question for the soccer froobs.....and I'm not knocking the sport, just the idea that its ever going to become more popular in the US.....
If its going to grow, why are the owners of MN United building a new stadium that seats only 19,400? That's about what they draw now. It would seem as if they aren't anticipating any growth for quite some time.

Just something I thought about once they originally announced the new place.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 am Actually I have a question for the soccer froobs.....and I'm not knocking the sport, just the idea that its ever going to become more popular in the US.....
Remember in the 1980's when soccer was the next HUGE sport to take the country by storm?!

Or when soccer was going to get a huge boost when the USWNT won the World Cup in 1999?!

Or when Freddie Adu was going to lead the next generation of Americans into soccer?!

:roll:
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 am Actually I have a question for the soccer froobs.....and I'm not knocking the sport, just the idea that its ever going to become more popular in the US.....
Remember in the 1980's when soccer was the next HUGE sport to take the country by storm?!

Or when soccer was going to get a huge boost when the USWNT won the World Cup in 1999?!

Or when Freddie Adu was going to lead the next generation of Americans into soccer?!

The best thing about the new soccer stadium? It'll probably make a great outdoor concert venue once the team is gone...
A really good size for one....not too big..(including field...25,000 or so) ..plus it isn't in a residential area where noise problems would exist...
Were the owners (Bill McGuire, Jim Pohlad, Glen Taylor...) thinking ahead?
Think about how many attempts there have been in the TC area to build one...but zoning, etc..always screwed it up? They just built one on the sly.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:05 pm

The best thing about the new soccer stadium? It'll probably make a great outdoor concert venue once the team is gone...
A really good size for one....not too big..(including field...25,000 or so) ..plus it isn't in a residential area where noise problems would exist...
Think about how many attempts there have been in the TC area to build one...but zoning, etc..always screwed it up? They just built one on the sly.
Should make a gentleman's bet that there won't be a professional soccer team playing in that stadium by 2030.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I hate to tell you but Soccer is already more popular in the US than Hockey. Baseball is creeping down that list too. I haven't watched more than 10 mins of Soccer, I'm not a fan. My favorite sport is probably boxing and that doesn't get much viewership either.

NBA and the NFL are absolutely crushing it when it comes to today's pro sports.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/news/story/_ ... -espn-poll

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Bas ... -Landscape

I can't even find articles comparing Hockey. This is coming from someone who played baseball all through HS. Baseball was life for a kid like me. Summers were Little League etc. Every kid played.. It's not intriguing to the young people anymore though
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Plenty of kids playing baseball still.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

JPM wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 pm Plenty of kids playing baseball still.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-ha ... 30782.html

I'm sure plenty still do play but it's nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's (It's highest peak)

There are more kids playing soccer now. I can't stand soccer but it's just what it is.

Like I said I'm a boxing fan but the youth is all into that MMA shit (Which I absolutely hate)
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Should make a gentleman's bet that there won't be a professional soccer team playing in that stadium by 2030.
Tough bet....
I think we both agree.
It would have to be on the year.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I hate to tell you but Soccer is already more popular in the US than Hockey. Baseball is creeping down that list too. I haven't watched more than 10 mins of Soccer, I'm not a fan. My favorite sport is probably boxing and that doesn't get much viewership either.

NBA and the NFL are absolutely crushing it when it comes to today's pro sports.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/news/story/_ ... -espn-poll

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Bas ... -Landscape

I can't even find articles comparing Hockey. This is coming from someone who played baseball all through HS. Baseball was life for a kid like me. Summers were Little League etc. Every kid played.. It's not intriguing to the young people anymore though
4 year old polls involving 12-17 year olds...

Nice try at research....,but a complete failure.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm sure plenty still do play but it's nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's (It's highest peak)

There are more kids playing soccer now. I can't stand soccer but it's just what it is.

Like I said I'm a boxing fan but the youth is all into that MMA shit (Which I absolutely hate)

So if you can't stand soccer, why are you trashing baseball in a Twins forum?

Same reason you trash every sport in their forums except for the ones you like?

I really don't care if you do, but be honest for once about why you even post on forums for sports you don't like.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:36 pm

I really don't care if you do, but be honest for once about why you even post on forums for sports you don't like.
I never said I don't like it. I just said baseball was once everything to a young tube Why so ass hurt over everything? I have been mostly out of GDTs and you have found a fight with someone in almost every thread. I see the mods had to break the last one up with DH. :lol:

I speak the truth. I can't stand dopes who ignore facts. Your or my opinion doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. That's fine if you don't want to believe baseball is on a decline. It's not going anywhere but it's not near as popular as it once was.

Also, if you ever read my posts and quit bitching all the time. You will see how disgusted I am with the NBA game anymore. It's changed for the worst and it's borderline unwatchable for me. I have bitched all year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 pm

I never said I don't like it. I just said baseball was once everything to a young tube Why so ass hurt over everything? I have been mostly out of GDTs and you have found a fight with someone in almost every thread. I see the mods had to break the last one up with DH. :lol:

I speak the truth. I can't stand dopes who ignore facts. Your or my opinion doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. That's fine if you don't want to believe baseball is on a decline. It's not going anywhere but it's not near as popular as it once was.

Also, if you ever read my posts and quit bitching all the time. You will see how disgusted I am with the NBA game anymore. It's changed for the worst and it's borderline unwatchable for me. I have bitched all year.
Whatever...

You are a cat turd in a self-cleaning litter box to me...
It stinks for a moment, and then easily forgotten.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Whatever...

You are a cat turd in a self-cleaning litter box to me...
It stinks for a moment, and then easily forgotten.
:?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

I haven't read this thread. Who has taken the role of Brewers guy?
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Already on pace for 26 games to be postponed. #BringOutThePitchforks
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

I didn't get this one. 1-2 inches in the forecast with the best heating coil system in sports? Come on!
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 am I didn't get this one. 1-2 inches in the forecast with the best heating coil system in sports? Come on!
Even better than TCF Bank Stadium? Somebody tell Chris Kluwe.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 am
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:41 am I didn't get this one. 1-2 inches in the forecast with the best heating coil system in sports? Come on!
Even better than TCF Bank Stadium? Somebody tell Chris Kluwe.
Kluwe's one shining moment.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

They playing today, or nah?
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:20 pm They playing today, or nah?
Nah. I guess the prospect of snow at 3 deferred it.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:41 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:20 pm They playing today, or nah?
Nah. I guess the prospect of snow at 3 deferred it.
I call bullshit. Snow is already forecasted to miss and the game could be 5 innings complete by 3pm.

They canceled this because they now have the numbers from the first two disappointing fan showings at these cold temp games.