Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Enjoy It

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
TrueBlue

Enjoy It

Post by TrueBlue »

This season has been a ride, and not sure how long it will last. Hopefully we are set up in the long term, but remembering 2004 and how great that felt then the lows of 2005, I can’t help but love being in the moment right now.

Keep the faith and live in the moment Rubes.

WOLVES BACK.

NAZ REID.
Spoiler:
TheLokNesMonster

Re: Enjoy It

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm This season has been a ride, and not sure how long it will last. Hopefully we are set up in the long term, but remembering 2004 and how great that felt then the lows of 2005, I can’t help but love being in the moment right now.

Keep the faith and live in the moment Rubes.

WOLVES BACK.

NAZ REID.
I’m already looking ahead to the draft and free agency. I’ve followed this team since 1989. It’s a hard habit to break.

The lottery and draft are my NBA Super Bowl.

But I’ll try to enjoy. :thumbsup:
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

This should be more sustainable than the 2003-04 team was. In hindsight, Cassell played out of his ass that year -- 2nd-team All Pro -- and Sprewell's history suggested he'd eventually be a problem.

I'd be shocked if this team follows up an outstanding season -- or at least one with a playoff-series win for the first time in 20 years -- with a non-playoff season.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

out of the blue. a TB sighting. you going to stick around for the season long ride?
BBG

Post by BBG »

TrueBlue is a legend

blessings
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I don't think looking at trades or the draft is in itself a bad thing. We've done it in the past trying to find a savior for our mess in the draft - or to purge the team of some awful player in a trade. Now we're doing it with a different intent - how can we tweak this thing to fill a little need or make an improvement to keep this train rolling down the tracks?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

You back brother?
T_J

Post by T_J »

Nightfly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:10 pm This should be more sustainable than the 2003-04 team was. In hindsight, Cassell played out of his ass that year -- 2nd-team All Pro -- and Sprewell's history suggested he'd eventually be a problem.

I'd be shocked if this team follows up an outstanding season -- or at least one with a playoff-series win for the first time in 20 years -- with a non-playoff season.
It should be, but it could also combust pretty easily. Glen’s stink is still lingering so I can’t get comfortable.

I will enjoy this season as best as I can as it could be special, but I’ll never have the youthful naivety I had as a 19 year old during the 2003-04 year.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

T_J wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:20 pm
Nightfly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:10 pm This should be more sustainable than the 2003-04 team was. In hindsight, Cassell played out of his ass that year -- 2nd-team All Pro -- and Sprewell's history suggested he'd eventually be a problem.

It should be, but it could also combust pretty easily. Glen’s stink is still lingering so I can’t get comfortable.

I will enjoy this season as best as I can as it could be special, but I’ll never have the youthful naivety I had as a 19 year old during the 2003-04 year.
In the same camp, there was a real electric vibe with that 03-04 side. We may have some awesome pieces, but no one can replace the dogmatic energy and leadership of KG. He really resonated with the fanbase like no other.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:07 pm

In the same camp, there was a real electric vibe with that 03-04 side. We may have some awesome pieces, but no one can replace the dogmatic energy and leadership of KG. He really resonated with the fanbase like no other.
KG was the reason why that was such a much more comfortable ride than the inevitable anxiety we will be riddled with this year.

KG showed up every single game. He brought that intensity every single game. Because of that, that team had a pretty high floor.

Imo, the current squad has a noticeably higher ceiling but is coupled with a much lower floor.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:43 pm

KG was the reason why that was such a much more comfortable ride than the inevitable anxiety we will be riddled with this year.

KG showed up every single game. He brought that intensity every single game. Because of that, that team had a pretty high floor.

Imo, the current squad has a noticeably higher ceiling but is coupled with a much lower floor.
KG was a different era before so much player movement also. It always felt like he’d be here and he was obviously loyal to a fault to this franchise.

I’m not suggesting Edwards will ask out during his supermax deal, but they do have to navigate some stickiness given their financials and I hope it doesn’t mean they get worse only to save money. Ending up in mediocrity for a couple years without a way to add premier talent to upgrade the roster could lead to a similar path as what happened with KG. It’s where I thought they’d be this year, stuck as a middling playoff team, but have been awesome so far.

My fingers are fully crossed it continues. Everyone, especially in this forum, deserves a Twolves contender more than twice in their lifetimes.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:31 pm out of the blue. a TB sighting. you going to stick around for the season long ride?
Something reminded me of this place today so I decided to see if it was still around… and alas!
Spoiler:
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm You back brother?
I’ll stay until I get annoyed and leave again probly :lol:
Spoiler:
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Good to see you, Blue
My heart is family.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:43 pm

I agree overall. But I don’t know that this squad has a higher ceiling. I think the 03-04 team wins the title if Sammy doesn’t hurt himself. That’s as high a ceiling as you can get.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:35 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm You back brother?
I’ll stay until I get annoyed and leave again probly :lol:
Most trolls have been banished.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:33 pm
weimy froob wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:31 pm out of the blue. a TB sighting. you going to stick around for the season long ride?
Something reminded me of this place today so I decided to see if it was still around… and alas!
It was 20th-century writer Marcel Proust who coined the term “involuntary memory”,
the curious phenomenon of a memory triggered by a smell, a taste, ...
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

What's going on, young fella. Still a lady-killa?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Did you happen to slam your head into a brick wall repeatedly? Something about that would remind me of this place too.
I made this!
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 pm
Did you happen to slam your head into a brick wall repeatedly? Something about that would remind me of this place too.
How would you know this without stalking me? Should I call the police?
Spoiler:
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

TrueBlue wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:11 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 pm

How would you know this without stalking me? Should I call the police?
I would
I made this!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 pm
What's going on, young fella. Still a lady-killa?
Apparently, his lawyers will not let him comment on his alleged murders…

- Isaac Asimov
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I’m honestly enjoying this season as much as any that I can remember since the days of KG.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
T_J

Post by T_J »

“Enjoy the season” - forget who said that way back.

I can’t wait for the playoffs.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Mike Tice

- Isaac Asimov
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

This is so satisfying. Winning and winning with steel nuts. This team has few flaws. Could we go all the way? Crazy to think.
“You realize he reports you just as much as you report him, right? He has some valid complaints as well. I don't like or dislike either of you. I just want you two to shut the fuck up.”
——OG Froob.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Bullazin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 am This is so satisfying. Winning and winning with steel nuts. This team has few flaws. Could we go all the way? Crazy to think.
I wonder what the chances are we suffer a major injury just before the start of the playoffs.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

witljon wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:59 am
Bullazin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 am This is so satisfying. Winning and winning with steel nuts. This team has few flaws. Could we go all the way? Crazy to think.
I wonder what the chances are we suffer a major injury just before the start of the playoffs.
Reported.
witljon

Post by witljon »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:05 am
Reported.
Don’t worry, I won’t say I told you so.
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:05 am
Reported.
🤣

I think Boston is the only team that is as good as us. You can’t diss Denver until someone beats them. Sixers and possibly Lakers could make a run. But this is fun as hell.
“You realize he reports you just as much as you report him, right? He has some valid complaints as well. I don't like or dislike either of you. I just want you two to shut the fuck up.”
——OG Froob.