Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official December/January Wild GDT***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

***Official December/January Wild GDT***

Post by Hornets »

Getting an early start on the new GDT for the next two months in case I forget to do it before the next game!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: ***Official December/January Wild GDT***

Post by Hornets »

Wonderful way to end November and let's hope the trend continues into December. The team has a new leader, the team is healthy, and it appears the team is hungry!

LETS GO WILD!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

The "play hard for the new coach" bit is nice, but let's face it - this is still a roster lacking in talent and I'd be surprised if this burst is long-lasting.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm The "play hard for the new coach" bit is nice, but let's face it - this is still a roster lacking in talent and I'd be surprised if this burst is long-lasting.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

mnbob70 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:27 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm The "play hard for the new coach" bit is nice, but let's face it - this is still a roster lacking in talent and I'd be surprised if this burst is long-lasting.
That might be fair, but I'm traditionally a pretty optimistic fan on the whole although you may not know otherwise.

But the Wild have far too often let us down in the post-season- despite some nice regular season results. And while I was 100% on board with Dean being replaced, 2 games in feels a bit like a Josh Dobbs in the making.

I hope I'm wrong.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Just having fun with you. It's difficult to expect this team to sustain what we've seen in the past two games. I'm just hoping for entertaining games. Most of the prior games were not only losses, but also terrible hockey to watch.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

mnbob70 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:55 pm Just having fun with you. It's difficult to expect this team to sustain what we've seen in the past two games. I'm just hoping for entertaining games. Most of the prior games were not only losses, but also terrible hockey to watch.
:beer:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

This is pretty much the same team right now that they had last year, with the main difference being Brock for Matt and Patrick for Ryan so there is no reason they couldn't go on a bit of a run and make the season interesting. Sadly there is nothing I see at the moment that makes me think that any kind of a Cup run is possible but I guess if they can play like the last 2 games they'll regain my interest.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

2-0. Nice. Was running errands and just got back.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

KK with a pretty pass to Zuc for the 3-0 lead!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

At the game! Wild are looking good, a couple of pretty pass plays for the goals!
A big change in the atmosphere after the Wild penalty kill earlier in the first….. The PK wasn’t good, and MAF didn’t know where the puck was half of the time, but they killed it and got out of it. Sometimes lucky is good!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

BOLDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-0 lead for our new look Wild!
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Lots of quality chances at the end of the 2nd.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Who knows where we go from here but it sure has been refreshing to watch these last 3 games. Kudos to our Wild!

What really excites me is that it seems Rossi has now elevated his game a few notches and boy oh boy if he can get to the level where we originally thought he would that is going to be awesome!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:32 pm Who knows where we go from here but it sure has been refreshing to watch these last 3 games. Kudos to our Wild!

What really excites me is that it seems Rossi has now elevated his game a few notches and boy oh boy if he can get to the level where we originally thought he would that is going to be awesome!
I’m a little more impressed with him every time I see him. Last year it was hard to find that no matter how hard I looked. Hartman appears to have really lost himself.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:57 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:32 pm Who knows where we go from here but it sure has been refreshing to watch these last 3 games. Kudos to our Wild!

I’m a little more impressed with him every time I see him. Last year it was hard to find that no matter how hard I looked. Hartman appears to have really lost himself.
Rossi's confidence has really shot up this year (playing with KK can't hurt!). I like Hartman but BG went too far with his contract extension and now we're limited what we can do with him. Not sure how that's going to play out long term....
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

I was hoping Rossi would have gotten his hatty. Definitely had his chances
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tundra Scout wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:43 pm I was hoping Rossi would have gotten his hatty. Definitely had his chances
He'll get one at some point this season imo!!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Tundra Scout wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:43 pm I was hoping Rossi would have gotten his hatty. Definitely had his chances
Seemed like his teammates were aware of it and trying to help him get it, but not pressing too hard that it took them off their game.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Did Evason really lose the room that badly, is the streak a mirage, somewhere in between?
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:56 pm Did Evason really lose the room that badly, is the streak a mirage, somewhere in between?
Somewhere in between I think…… the bottom four teams in the Central division are St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, and Chicago. These three wins came against the other three that are down there with the Wild. I think you usually expect a surge with a coaching change, part of the reason they do it. I certainly don’t think Dean was as effective as he once was, hopefully the new guy can keep their ear. When they move their feet, they’re not a bad team. After they got the lead yesterday, some of them appeared to not maintain that level, if not for a few lucky breaks the game could have gotten closer….. good thing they were playing Chicago.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Justin Kase wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:37 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:56 pm Did Evason really lose the room that badly, is the streak a mirage, somewhere in between?
Somewhere in between I think…… the bottom four teams in the Central division are St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, and Chicago. These three wins came against the other three that are down there with the Wild. I think you usually expect a surge with a coaching change, part of the reason they do it. I certainly don’t think Dean was as effective as he once was, hopefully the new guy can keep their ear. When they move their feet, they’re not a bad team. After they got the lead yesterday, some of them appeared to not maintain that level, if not for a few lucky breaks the game could have gotten closer….. good thing they were playing Chicago.
Nashville was on a 6 game winning streak when the Wild throttled them so there’s that
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Tundra Scout wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:35 am
Justin Kase wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:37 pm
Nashville was on a 6 game winning streak when the Wild throttled them so there’s that
That's what I like about hockey. Just somehow scratch and claw to get to the playoffs and you have a chance....if a goalie gets hot, the offense gets a lucky bounce or two and you STAY OUT OF THE BOX then any team can make a run!

LETS GO WILD!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

8pm faceoff vs Calgary. Don't know much about the Flames....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

FOLIGNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Nice move and goal by Foligno on that goal that wasn't a goal at first!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

mnbob70 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:17 pm Nice move and goal by Foligno on that goal that wasn't a goal at first!
That shot went in and out faster than you can say "winning streak!"
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

SOLID first period and the Wild could/should be up by 2 or 3. The Hynes magic continues on.....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LOVE how Moose and some of the other guys tease Gorg by calling him K-Train! :lol:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

KIRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!