Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Most overrated college football coach all time?

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Most overrated college football coach all time?

Post by hategreenticemase »

Dumbo Fisher fired at A and M. Btw, Kevin Sumlin, whom they fired to go get Dumbo, had a better record at A and M. :lol:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Most overrated college football coach all time?

Post by RubeTube »

Thought this was going to be about Coach “Prime”.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Per Penn State Fans, throw James Franklin into the conversation since he can NOT win a Top 10 game, primarily vs Ohio State or Michigan.
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Barry Switzer. Effen cheater. He was a great recruiter and coach. I just couldn’t stand him.
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm Barry Switzer. Effen cheater. He was a great recruiter and coach. I just couldn’t stand him.
A few months ago, Mase was on with Barreiro and Mase was telling a story from his old Big 8 days at Kansas. According to Mase, Switzer walks into a Big 8 meeting of all Head coaches and proclaimed he is under investigation by the NCAA since he (Switzer) allowed some hot shot recruit use Switzer's Mercedes to cruise around campus since it was raining outside. Mase asked Switzer if this was a violation of NCAA rules. Switzer responded it might be but you are not winning.

Mase goes on too say with Switzer, he knew he was cheating but always told people he was cheating
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm Barry Switzer. Effen cheater. He was a great recruiter and coach. I just couldn’t stand him.
Switzer was awesome. One of the most hilarious characters ever. The fucker when visiting a recruit would try to see what was in their garbage so if they asked would you like a beer he would say "well, only if you have an abc brand (whatever he saw in their garbage)". The guy was a treat.

Different times back then, the cheating everywhere was incredible. Guy could coach. Full disclosure I was a big wishbone and sooner fan as a kid so I am biased. :mrgreen: