Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2023 for games

Video game themed message board
YBBR

2023 for games

Post by YBBR »

2023 has been a hell of a year for games, and it's still not done. Easily the best year since 2017, and it's probably better than 2017.

Baldur's Gate 3
Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom
Street Fighter 6
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Spider-Man 2
Alan Wake 2
Mortal Kombat 1
Sea of Stars
Dave The Diver
Hi-Fi Rush
Starfield
Dead Space Remake
Cocoon
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Diablo IV
Metroid Prime Remastered
Pikmin 4
Dead Cells: Return To Castlevania
The Talos Principle 2
Armored Core 6
Final Fantasy XVI
Remnant II
Lies of P
Blasphemous 2
Forza Motorsport
Pizza Tower
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
30XX
Hitman: World of Assassination
Humanity
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Dredge
Octopath Traveller 2
Jusant
Etc...
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Re: 2023 for games

Post by salamander »

We got a deadspace remake?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:47 am We got a deadspace remake?
Yeah. Came out in January I think.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:32 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:47 am We got a deadspace remake?
Yeah. Came out in January I think.
That's one of the few games that took a fresh look at combat. And it was legitimate horror.
Very few games can even come close that level of intensity. So nervous all the time.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Hogwarts Legacy is the best selling game for 2023. Beating CoD: Modern Warfare III.

Impressive. 22 million copies sold.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:54 am Hogwarts Legacy is the best selling game for 2023. Beating CoD: Modern Warfare III.

Impressive. 22 million copies sold.
Nintendo doesn't report their digital sales numbers, but ToTK is somewhere around this mark on the approximate as well.

It's Zelda and the Switch has a crazy high adoption rate. So that makes sense.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Hitman: World of Assassination
3. Street Fighter 6
4. Cocoon
5. Like A Dragon Gaiden
6. Sea of Stars
7. Wo Long
8. Forza Motorsport
9. Jusant

Here's probably my list of the games I beat in 2023. I almost want to give it to Hitman if you count all the 3 games worth of stuff in there. Most of those games came out in different years. They just released the roguelite mode this past year and that's so good. So damn good.

I like Hi-Fi Rush too from Tango Gameworks. I just got sidetracked with that. I'm probably gonna start that again soon.