Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Calen Addison traded to Sharks for 2026 5th round pick

A place to discuss the MN Wild
mnbob70

Calen Addison traded to Sharks for 2026 5th round pick

Post by mnbob70 »

Per the Athletic. "This story will be updated."

Guess his stock was incredibly low.
Justin Kase

Re: Calen Addison traded to Sharks for 2026 5th round pick

Post by Justin Kase »

mnbob70 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:10 pm Per the Athletic. "This story will be updated."

Guess his stock was incredibly low.
I just read that. I was actually wondering last night what he brought to the team, I was never impressed.

I hope this means Spurge is on his way back.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Russo speculation:
Why trade Addison now?
It sure feels like something else could be up because even with Jared Spurgeon soon coming off long-term injured reserve, the Wild’s depth on the blue line just took a hit with Alex Goligoski also on LTIR with an ankle injury. This, for now, keeps Dakota Mermis in the NHL but it still feels like this could be the precursor for another trade soon.

Still, Addison’s time in Minnesota hit the wall. He was scratched for 20 regular-season games last season, including 15 times in the final 20 regular-season games, and in all six playoff games.

Acquired in the Jason Zucker deal along with a first-round pick and Alex Galchenyuk in 2020, Addison was shopped in trades this past offseason to no avail. With the Wild going with a five-forward first power-play unit currently and Jonas Brodin or Spurgeon able to handle second unit power-play duties, Addison became expendable. — Michael Russo, senior Wild writer
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Must mean Spurgeon is set to come back almost immediately. Not sure they needed to dump defensemen at this point though, no matter how futile their play is.
My body, my choice.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Wild acquire Zach Bogosian from the Tampa Bay lightning for 2025 7th round pick. He cost $25,000 more than Addison
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Wild also got forward Adam Raska from the sharks in the Addison trade
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

mnbob70 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:58 pm Wild acquire Zach Bogosian from the Tampa Bay lightning for 2025 7th round pick. He cost $25,000 more than Addison
Got bigger and tougher on defense, the net of today’s deal is more or less Addison for Bogosian, I think it may help.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

a 5th rounder, a prospect and a better defenseman than Addison for Addison and a 7th?

pfffffttttt.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The relationship between BG and Addy has been fractured for quite awhile. BG demanded a better defensive effort from the diminutive Addison and Addison didn't like being told what to do and besides, he was offering some solid offense, especially on the PP. Well, when you're not a top 4 defenseman and you get in a pissing match with your boss you know you're basically a dead man walking, or skating in this case. The end was inevitable.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Well, Bogosian adds a physicality that obviously Calen lacked. Zach will pair up with Merrill I assume on that 3rd pair but a quick look at his stats shows he rarely plays anywhere close to a full season so don't know if he's injury prone or just not good enough to be in the lineup regularly....I just don't know much about him.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:31 pm Well, Bogosian adds a physicality that obviously Calen lacked. Zach will pair up with Merrill I assume on that 3rd pair but a quick look at his stats shows he rarely plays anywhere close to a full season so don't know if he's injury prone or just not good enough to be in the lineup regularly....I just don't know much about him.
Zach has been a little better than I expected, he was getting scratched from the lineup at times in Tampa.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:56 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:31 pm Well, Bogosian adds a physicality that obviously Calen lacked. Zach will pair up with Merrill I assume on that 3rd pair but a quick look at his stats shows he rarely plays anywhere close to a full season so don't know if he's injury prone or just not good enough to be in the lineup regularly....I just don't know much about him.
Zach has been a little better than I expected, he was getting scratched from the lineup at times in Tampa.
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't overly impressed the first handful of games he was here but he's ok.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I realize that +/- isn't a complete tell-all stat, but my Lord Addison this year is -17 and has a combined -38 through 121 NHL games played so far.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:01 am I realize that +/- isn't a complete tell-all stat, but my Lord Addison this year is -17 and has a combined -38 through 121 NHL games played so far.
While it’s not the end-all be-all stat it may have once been thought to be, it still has some importance. If we’re talking about a number closer to zero you can maybe dismiss it, but when it’s skewed this far you at least have to consider that it means something.