Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Lol Twins to reduce payroll

A place to discuss the MN Twins
D_H

Lol Twins to reduce payroll

Post by D_H »

My god these Fn crooks have no shame

https://m.startribune.com/derek-falvey- ... 600318029/

Remember when they were begging people for tax money to build a new stadium so they can keep their players? Lmao

Fn crooks!
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Lol Twins to reduce payroll

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 am My god these Fn crooks have no shame

Remember when they were begging people for tax money to build a new stadium so they can keep their players? Lmao

Fn crooks!
"We've pushed our payroll to heights that we had never pushed it before with the support, certainly, of ownership. "

Yeah. It's called inflation.

Christian Vasquez makes over $10M a year and the dude didn't even play in the postseason that I can recall. I thought his playoff experience is why they got him. I, too would have played Garver over him, but they still signed him to a big deal and didn't use him.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Unfortunately with a lack of a TV deal being unresolved this is probably not unexpected.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:31 pm
D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 am My god these Fn crooks have no shame

Fn crooks!
"We've pushed our payroll to heights that we had never pushed it before with the support, certainly, of ownership. "

Yeah. It's called inflation.

Christian Vasquez makes over $10M a year and the dude didn't even play in the postseason that I can recall. I thought his playoff experience is why they got him. I, too would have played Garver over him, but they still signed him to a big deal and didn't use him.
* jeffers. yeah he played all the games and he was underwhelming. hindsight 20/20 chat: i wish vasquez would have gotten some of those ABs.
D_H

Post by D_H »

I believe they were 17th in payroll. Hardly anything outrageous.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:21 pm I believe they were 17th in payroll. Hardly anything outrageous.
4 of the top 7 payrolls in 2023 missed the playoffs including the top 3. Let's just relax and see what they do.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:14 pm
D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:21 pm I believe they were 17th in payroll. Hardly anything outrageous.
4 of the top 7 payrolls in 2023 missed the playoffs including the top 3. Let's just relax and see what they do.

Bad argument because they proved they were pretty good team last year but not good enough . All they had to do is sign all their players and add a few. Now they are telling the fan base they don’t care if they go backwards. It’s just a horrible message to send. Just unacceptable. I’m not taking my family to a game.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Valid points here. And yes, what a dumbass thing for them to come out and say.

Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

This is how you know Joe Pohlad isn't really in charge. If you grew up with a silver spoon wedged up your backside, and someone gave you a team to run, wouldn't you run it basically like a video game? Like you could lose 100 million every year for 20 years and there'd still be a billion dollars sitting in the bank.
salamander

Post by salamander »

It takes top 10 money to win. Anything less is a failure of ownership.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ridiculous message that ownership seems to be sending....really dumb.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

It's out of touch and only something a nitwit would proclaim this early. However, I can see their point in stating they are going to heavily rely upon the farm in the next season and see what they have, considering how congested it is down there.

Royce, Jeffers, Larnach and AK are the only "prospects" that have gotten any play, yet they have many more below ready to Pop, especially given they picked up Polanco and Kepler.

I do like the mixture of Vets and Prospects. I'm worried about the pitching Staff, and the replacement for their Cy Young candidate.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
FlyinBrian

Post by FlyinBrian »

Joey Gallo- $11 million
Christian Vazquez- $10 million
Jorge Polanco-$10 million\
Tyler Mahle- $6 millon\

In my opinion, all bad contracts last year. That’s $37 million
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

FlyinBrian wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:21 pm Joey Gallo- $11 million
Christian Vazquez- $10 million
Jorge Polanco-$10 million\
Tyler Mahle- $6 millon\

In my opinion, all bad contracts last year. That’s $37 million
Jorge's contract was/is fair but the other 3 were/are busts and not worth near the money they have gotten.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Glad I quit watching this team years ago.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:53 am Glad I quit watching this team years ago.
Smart man
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They made their little run. The Pohlad's probably think that is good enough for the fans for another 10+ years.
Let's get Tropical
j-one

Post by j-one »

I'd feel better about this if I had faith in a loaded farm system.
D_H

Post by D_H »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:20 pm They made their little run. The Pohlad's probably think that is good enough for the fans for another 10+ years.

I think they really are that stupid
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:53 am Glad I quit watching this team years ago.
I'll spend money on the Twins when the Twins spend money on the roster. Top 5 salary just once or they've lost this fan.
Go Dodgers!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hopefully these guys will help.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:20 am Hopefully these guys will help.

They must have forgotten to include Jose Miranda in there. Probably just a clerical error.