Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Will the Vikings main rival...

salamander

Will the Vikings main rival...

Post by salamander »

...be able to keep a lead on the NFC North? Lions look tough this year.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Will the Vikings main rival...

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:56 pm ...be able to keep a lead on the NFC North? Lions look tough this year.
They will lose in Sunday.

Vikings need to win and make this a game difference.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Zambonee Guy

Post by Zambonee Guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:26 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:56 pm ...be able to keep a lead on the NFC North? Lions look tough this year.
They will lose in Sunday.

Vikings need to win and make this a game difference.
I agree, this is the week to do it.

The two games against the Lions in the last three weeks of the season should be the deciding factor of who wins the division. Wouldn't want it any other way! SKOL
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Lions will not lose to the chargers. And the last 3 weeks will not matter. They will have the North wrapped up by then.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Love Viking fans. They go from " Tank mode" with Cousins having a great year to " Playoffs Homeboy" with an unproven turnover machine who happened to pull 1 game out of his ass.
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Gork wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:12 am Love Viking fans. They go from " Tank mode" with Cousins having a great year to " Playoffs Homeboy" with an unproven turnover machine who happened to pull 1 game out of his ass.
Because we look at the win/loss column to determine the state of things. IT changed when they beat the niners. A loss there and it was sock folding time. IN fact, any loss from that time could swing which way to go. As long as they are actually in a wildcard spot, you play for it. Now after winning 4 in a row and the competition basically sucking, they have a game buffer for that wildcard. Amazing reversal swing wouldnt you type? They lose a couple games in a row and it goes back to planning the offseason. It's not rocket surgery.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Gork wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:12 am Love Viking fans. They go from " Tank mode" with Cousins having a great year to " Playoffs Homeboy" with an unproven turnover machine who happened to pull 1 game out of his ass.
The best line came from Beef. He has never seen a team so prepared!
So they prepared by not practicing with dobbs????
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

minnemike wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:32 am
Because we look at the win/loss column to determine the state of things. IT changed when they beat the niners. A loss there and it was sock folding time. IN fact, any loss from that time could swing which way to go. As long as they are actually in a wildcard spot, you play for it. Now after winning 4 in a row and the competition basically sucking, they have a game buffer for that wildcard. Amazing reversal swing wouldnt you type? They lose a couple games in a row and it goes back to planning the offseason. It's not rocket surgery.
This whole season has been stomach-turning for them. You can see the angst developing as more of the season unfolds. From "What, no NFC North standings thread?" to "Look, they're all excited now, let me call them out."

Now, any moment of excitement by Vikings fans and you get this type of bullshit. Sellingguy really went off his rocker in the main thread as well. It really is enjoyable to watch.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

It's all in the culture....sigh
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:15 pm
The best line came from Beef. He has never seen a team so prepared!
So they prepared by not practicing with dobbs????
There's only one team to practice with, dummy. So you give it to your starter to get as many reps in one week as he can. They prepared Dobbs on the side with study, basically. That's all they had time for. Dobbs said going in that he could perform any of the card called plays - that's without any actual reps. Worked out well enough, wouldnt you say?
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:32 pm
minnemike wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:32 am
This whole season has been stomach-turning for them. You can see the angst developing as more of the season unfolds. From "What, no NFC North standings thread?" to "Look, they're all excited now, let me call them out."

Now, any moment of excitement by Vikings fans and you get this type of bullshit. Sellingguy really went off his rocker in the main thread as well. It really is enjoyable to watch.
Grasping at straws as they cant keep the cream from rising to the top!
Gork

Post by Gork »

I hope the Vikes do make the playoffs. The season ending loss will be much more delicious! I've watched the NFL for 58 years. One thing I learned is it's almost more enjoyable when you team sucks ass. No Pressure! No hand wringing. No angst. No what if's! Just sit back and enjoy a game. When your team wins, Cool! When it blows you think who can we get to get better ? Who can we get as a coach? Freshen's things up when things get stale. I've seen my team play in 5 Super Bowls winning 4. If the Packers never win another before I'm gone I'm good with it.

There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Gork wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:18 pm I hope the Vikes do make the playoffs. The season ending loss will be much more delicious! I've watched the NFL for 58 years. One thing I learned is it's almost more enjoyable when you team sucks ass. No Pressure! No hand wringing. No angst. No what if's! Just sit back and enjoy a game. When your team wins, Cool! When it blows you think who can we get to get better ? Who can we get as a coach? Freshen's things up when things get stale. I've seen my team play in 5 Super Bowls winning 4. If the Packers never win another before I'm gone I'm good with it.

No no no.... wins are devastating setbacks for the draft. PackIsWhack even said so... or was that Chuckie? You should be mourning that bounce back win right now. And man, you are old!
Gork

Post by Gork »

minnemike wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 pm
Gork wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:18 pm I hope the Vikes do make the playoffs. The season ending loss will be much more delicious! I've watched the NFL for 58 years. One thing I learned is it's almost more enjoyable when you team sucks ass. No Pressure! No hand wringing. No angst. No what if's! Just sit back and enjoy a game. When your team wins, Cool! When it blows you think who can we get to get better ? Who can we get as a coach? Freshen's things up when things get stale. I've seen my team play in 5 Super Bowls winning 4. If the Packers never win another before I'm gone I'm good with it.

And man, you are old!
Old enough to remember:

Curt Gowdy and Al DiRogatis announcing the afternoon Chiefs /Raiders bloodbath's on NBC

Ray Scott and Paul Christman doing CBS Packers Rams games. Starr VS. Gabriel

Jack Whittaker doing the morning NFL preview.

Bills/ Oillers AFC Championship

Tommy Nobis,Butkus and Nitschke on the cover of Sport magazine

The Steelers being really bad

Proud member of the RFP!

Offsides 97 defense

minnemike wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 pm

No no no.... wins are devastating setbacks for the draft. PackIsWhack even said so... or was that Chuckie? You should be mourning that bounce back win right now. And man, you are old!
We all knew this moment was coming, and it is a little earlier in the season than usual. That last refuge for a Packer fan with no recourse is to point out that he saw his team win a Superbowl. Not last year, or the year before, but over a decade ago, and during the Bill Clinton administration, and when they wore leather helmets.

Can you imagine a Twins fan saying to a Brewers fan "At least I saw my team win one back in the 80's."
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Gork

Post by Gork »

^^^^^^^

Enjoy that empty trophy case! :lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

salamander

Post by salamander »

The SB winning mentality has been lost in GB because of the Rodgers era. Sucks.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Gork

Post by Gork »

" This whole season has been stomach-turning for them. You can see the angst developing as more of the season unfolds. From "What, no NFC North standings thread?" to "Look, they're all excited now, let me call them out."

Now, any moment of excitement by Vikings fans and you get this type of bullshit. Sellingguy really went off his rocker in the main thread as well. It really is enjoyable to watch. "

:lol:

Proud member of the RFP!

salamander

Post by salamander »

Gork wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:04 pm " This whole season has been stomach-turning for them. You can see the angst developing as more of the season unfolds. From "What, no NFC North standings thread?" to "Look, they're all excited now, let me call them out."

Now, any moment of excitement by Vikings fans and you get this type of bullshit. Sellingguy really went off his rocker in the main thread as well. It really is enjoyable to watch. "

Lions sure look good.
Blair Kiel 2

Post by Blair Kiel 2 »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:32 pm

Except for…..oh nevermind.

This is the sort of witty banter I came here for!
Gork

Post by Gork »

Blair Kiel 2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:26 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:32 pm

Except for…..oh nevermind.

This is the sort of witty banter I came here for!
:thumbsup:

Proud member of the RFP!

Blair Kiel 2

Post by Blair Kiel 2 »

I learned a long ago from my good friends ammo and Boris….if you’re not too bright…write like what a dumb guy thinks a smart guy sounds like.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Blair Kiel 2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:07 pm I learned a long ago from my good friends ammo and Boris….if you’re not too bright…write like what a dumb guy thinks a smart guy sounds like.
You "learned a long ago"?
Gork

Post by Gork »

salamander wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:51 pm
Blair Kiel 2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:07 pm I learned a long ago from my good friends ammo and Boris….if you’re not too bright…write like what a dumb guy thinks a smart guy sounds like.
Time flies!

Proud member of the RFP!

Offsides 97 defense

Not bad salamander. What a buffoon.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Blair Kiel 2

Post by Blair Kiel 2 »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:46 pm

One typo and I’m shunned (As a newbie I also can’t edit my posts)

You’ve made two nasty comments to me here. Apparently we won’t be friends. That’s a shame because then you would have had one friend. I’ve read several of your posts. You appear to be quite a fan of yourself.
NoDakRube

Post by NoDakRube »

Blair Kiel 2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:36 pm

You’ve made two nasty comments to me here. Apparently we won’t be friends. That’s a shame because then you would have had one friend. I’ve read several of your posts. You appear to be quite a fan of yourself.
Aawww, you can be my friend. I know lots of crabby, crusty, miserable, non spelling Packer fans..... can't remember their names and hope I don't ever see them again. But......you are welcome in my circle of trust.
Gork

Post by Gork »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Proud member of the RFP!

Offsides 97 defense

It's not a big deal, brother. I do hope your bit evolves into something useful here. So far, not so good. We have had a deluge of psycho stalkers and oxygen thieves pop up here the past few years, so anything new is refreshing.

However, check your own first if you'll call out another poster for their "stupid posts" or make fun of their sentence structure. Run it through Grammarly or something. It makes you look really dumb and conveys the appearance of a standard, uneducated Packer fan. Aim higher.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Blair Kiel 2

Post by Blair Kiel 2 »

NoDakRube wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:02 am

Aawww, you can be my friend. I know lots of crabby, crusty, miserable, non spelling Packer fans..... can't remember their names and hope I don't ever see them again. But......you are welcome in my circle of trust.
That’s a great offer! Please know that the crustiness has gotten way better with the new cream I’ve been using. Also, if we’re gonna be friends, no sleepovers that would include oftsnides 97…his damn CPAP machine makes a terribly loud noise. Also, there’s his bed wetting issue.