Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How long before Eveason gets shitcanned?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Ron Burgundy 4 President

How long before Eveason gets shitcanned?

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I’m gonna guess before the new year….
Tundra Scout

Re: How long before Eveason gets shitcanned?

Post by Tundra Scout »

Hopefully sooner than later
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Is it a coaching issue? Or talent issue?

Evason has talked about how he wants his team to shoot more, but that doesn't mean the team can actually score when they do.

Lotta missed open nets it seems when the Wild do actually try to take a shot.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:46 pm Is it a coaching issue? Or talent issue?

Evason has talked about how he wants his team to shoot more, but that doesn't mean the team can actually score when they do.

Lotta missed open nets it seems when the Wild do actually try to take a shot.
LOL...Louie kept harping on the Wild for not shooting enough! IMO the bottom line is this current version of the Wild just simply is lacking in talent. Kirill, Boldy, Ek, Spurg, Brodin....beyond those 5 the Wild players are basically average to below average and that includes the goaltending.(Brock is a step in the right direction but it's too small of a sample size right now to proclaim just how talented he is or will be). The cap issue is KILLIN this team and although I still support BG, my support for him is starting to wane.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I don't think Guerin hamstrings a new coach with a team forced to be $14.7M under the cap for two years. I think Evasion is here through the next new year.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ask Not wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:04 am I don't think Guerin hamstrings a new coach with a team forced to be $14.7M under the cap for two years. I think Evasion is here through the next new year.
HEY...we kinda agree on something!! :beer: I think unless Dean loses the respect of the players or makes continuous coaching mistakes his job is safe for now. I haven't heard a lot of negativity towards him and I do like the intensity he shows behind the bench. This salary cap hell is all on BG and us success starved fans are counting on his "master plan" paying off as soon as Zach and Ryan's contracts are off the books...
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Ask Not wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:04 am I don't think Guerin hamstrings a new coach with a team forced to be $14.7M under the cap for two years. I think Evasion is here through the next new year.
Agreed. I'd think he gets to coach through (or at least into) the first year where the team has the full cap to work with.
j-one

Post by j-one »

I think that when this cap hell concludes in 1.5 years, that we'll look at last year's team as over-achievers. I have pretty low expectations for this year and next (relative to last year).
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

j-one wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:17 am I think that when this cap hell concludes in 1.5 years, that we'll look at last year's team as over-achievers. I have pretty low expectations for this year and next (relative to last year).
And yet Guerin is re-signing most of them.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Evason may need to go, but not without Guerin.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:43 pm Evason may need to go, but not without Guerin.
Gotta go with ya on that
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Honestly I have no idea what the draft looks like this coming year, but I've said in a previous thread that this feels like the perfect year to be bad enough to get a top 5 pick. Get a young cheap star to build around with Kaprizov, then in a few years you get Wallstedt, cap relief and some of the other prospects in the system will be ready to go at that time. One year (this year) of poor play, followed by a year or two of competitive rebuild, then in year2 or 3 hopefully a top team in the West. This year is bad, but I think we've all seen a season like this coming for a few years now.
Straight Edge Raven

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Its done.
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
Straight Edge Raven

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Straight Edge Raven wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:44 pm
The former DJ from K102? What does he know about hockey???
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Perfect choice for new head coach. Evason was not the problem.

My body, my choice.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:02 pm Perfect choice for new head coach. Evason was not the problem.

I’m not sure who else is available, but Hynes’ NHL coaching record certainly seems far short of stellar. He’s another crony from GMBG’s background apparently.

I’m not against the firing, to me Dean seemed to be drowning lately, and of course it’s easier to get rid of the coach than it is to clear out the roster, especially with all of the no movement clauses. As far as Bob W, he was the PK coach of the worst PK we’ve ever seen.
Last edited by Justin Kase on Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Coach is gone. Now all responsibility falls on BG.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

I saw him interviewed the other day and my first thought was ...this guy is close to being fired.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Sellingguy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:18 pm I saw him interviewed the other day and my first thought was ...this guy is close to being fired.
Yeah, he knew it was coming I’d say. Had to.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Yep, Dean obviously the fall guy for BG and will be interesting to see how the players react to the change....several of them should be ashamed of themselves for their production up to this point.
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Only option for a team with no production and even less confidence.

I hope this doesn't get in the way of a top 5 pick.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:19 pm Only option for a team with no production and even less confidence.

I hope this doesn't get in the way of a top 5 pick.
I'm with ya....it's time for a tank!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I'm fine with the firing, but fucking A why do the owners keep hanging onto Guerin? Also the replacement is the type that will be just good enough to fuck them out of a lottery pick.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:59 pm I'm fine with the firing, but fucking A why do the owners keep hanging onto Guerin? Also the replacement is the type that will be just good enough to fuck them out of a lottery pick.
Somehow BG has convinced Leipold that his master plan is going to work and that it will just take time.
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:59 pm I'm fine with the firing, but fucking A why do the owners keep hanging onto Guerin? Also the replacement is the type that will be just good enough to fuck them out of a lottery pick.
They just rattled off two 100 point seasons, one $12.7M under the cap. The stands have been full.
This is the first year BG is showing a chink in the armor, IMO.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:29 pm
They just rattled off two 100 point seasons, one $12.7M under the cap. The stands have been full.
Those 100-pts imho were a bit of a mirage. Those teams were not built for the playoffs and they've never had sustained success in net which you have to have in crunch time.

On top of that he added in some bloated contracts that will make it very difficult for them to deal for more talent.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:46 pm
Those 100-pts imho were a bit of a mirage. Those teams were not built for the playoffs and they've never had sustained success in net which you have to have in crunch time.

On top of that he added in some bloated contracts that will make it very difficult for them to deal for more talent.
The bloated contracts are my biggest concern. Just when you start to see a glimmer of light at the end of the salary cap hell tunnel BG goes and signs Freddy, Marcus, and Ryan to unnecessarily long contracts...just no need for that with those guys.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Did i miss the parade for these 100 point seasons? The fans showing up are almost a given for MN hockey.
I don't follow pro hockey enough to know why or who sucks. I didn't think zach and ryan was a good move esp for that money.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:20 am
Did i miss the parade for these 100 point seasons? The fans showing up are almost a given for MN hockey.
I don't follow pro hockey enough to know why or who sucks. I didn't think zach and ryan was a good move esp for that money.
Unless BG gets a team to the finals or wins a cup within 2 years after those contracts expire it will go down as the worst move in Wild hockey history, and one of the worst moves in NHL history. If those guys only had a year or two left on their deals and were THAT cancerous to the locker room then MAYBE you do it. If they were THAT bad then it's a GM's job to sit both of them down and deal with the problem man to man and do your best to get them to understand what the problem was (maybe this took place). Zach and Ryan ended up being the winners here as they continue to collect massive paychecks from the Wild AND some nice spending money from Dallas and the Islanders (although it looks like it is over for Zach). The losers end up being the 18,000 that come every game to support the team, a team severely weakened due to the moves from their GM.