Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How long before Eveason gets shitcanned?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Slap Shot

Re: How long before Eveason gets shitcanned?

Post by Slap Shot »

Fans did sort of turn on the North Stars a bit towards the end before the move was announced, albeit much of that was specifically because of Norm Green.

The funny thing is that non-MN sports fans for years claimed we were all bandwagon fans especially Vikings fans, and yet the Vikings probably last had poor attendance sometime in the 90's if not further back. Now we have fans supporting a team through good and bad and that is also a negative. Can't win either way.

Once you have season tickets if money is no object it's probably a difficult thing to give up. And even if the Wild have been poor you still get to see some of the best hockey players in the world even if most of them are on the visiting team. :lol:
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

From athletic interview with Evason:
Is Kirill Kaprizov hurt? What’s gone on with him?

I think his injury took a lot out of him. He comes back and plays two games and then the playoffs, and he’s still in recovery mode. He’s had it looked at again this year. I don’t want to give secrets out, but that’s a hard injury to recover from. Has that affected his ability to have the pace? Yes, 100 percent. I do believe that. Kirill Kaprizov is trying his ass off. He just hasn’t found his skating pace that we are accustomed to.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

mnbob70 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:09 pm From athletic interview with Evason:
Is Kirill Kaprizov hurt? What’s gone on with him?

I think his injury took a lot out of him. He comes back and plays two games and then the playoffs, and he’s still in recovery mode. He’s had it looked at again this year. I don’t want to give secrets out, but that’s a hard injury to recover from. Has that affected his ability to have the pace? Yes, 100 percent. I do believe that. Kirill Kaprizov is trying his ass off. He just hasn’t found his skating pace that we are accustomed to.
Did we ever hear exactly what the injury was? Groin? Hip? Both? What is really concerning is that whatever it may have been certainly should have been fully healed by the start of the season...lets hope it's not some degenerative hip type issue.

We just can't have nice things I guess...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I would guess groin off those comments fwiw.

BTW while.I agree with the termination, credit to Dean for.not burning the house down.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:35 am Fans did sort of turn on the North Stars a bit towards the end before the move was announced, albeit much of that was specifically because of Norm Green.

The funny thing is that non-MN sports fans for years claimed we were all bandwagon fans especially Vikings fans, and yet the Vikings probably last had poor attendance sometime in the 90's if not further back. Now we have fans supporting a team through good and bad and that is also a negative. Can't win either way.

Once you have season tickets if money is no object it's probably a difficult thing to give up. And even if the Wild have been poor you still get to see some of the best hockey players in the world even if most of them are on the visiting team. :lol:
The entire Norm Green situation has 2 sides to it. The public side and what really happened.
Just looked it up and one source showed avg attendance just over 7k for the 90-91 season.
And yes they sucked that year, but that it was not half empty that often.

The entire history of the team is interesting in its relationship with the twin cities business community.
It was never very strong, and the politicians were the same way.
Norm comes to town slapping asses and kissing secretaries. No one local wanted to buy the team.
I think it is one of the most embarrassing sports stories. MN loses its hockey team.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

KK 80?%, all of the players that had career years last year are below average that far this year and have come back to the mean.

Throw in continual hamstrung-ness from the Parise and Sister debacle, Evason seems to be the least of the worries for the wild.

Guerin needed a scapegoat.

Seems as though payroll isn't the only hamstring the wild are dealing with.
My body, my choice.