Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

"Look at the all the money the Rangers spend, didn't work"

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

"Look at the all the money the Rangers spend, didn't work"

Post by salamander »

Remember that from last year? When people used the Rangers as an example of why we shouldn't spend?

:lol:

Pure idiocy.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Zambonee Guy

Re: "Look at the all the money the Rangers spend, didn't work"

Post by Zambonee Guy »

I don’t think complaining about the Twins payroll is a smart strategy in criticizing this twins team.
Zambonee Guy

Post by Zambonee Guy »

Dodgers
Yankees
Braves
Phillies
Astros
Red Sox

Come on, Salamander.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Zambonee Guy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:30 pm Dodgers
Yankees
Braves
Phillies
Astros
Red Sox

Come on, Salamander.
Padres took out a loan to cover their 3rd highest payroll, lulz.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Zambonee Guy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:30 pm Dodgers
Yankees
Braves
Phillies
Astros
Red Sox

Come on, Salamander.
Was posting a list of teams that have a WS win in the last 15 years going to prove me wrong?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Zambonee Guy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:29 pm I don’t think complaining about the Twins payroll is a smart strategy in criticizing this twins team.
You mean this Twins team that got shelled by a higher payroll and just got off the worst playoff streak in the history of all 4 major sports?
That Twins team?

What I'm asking for is a couple times a decade to be buyers. Not have a top 10 payroll every year.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

And right on cue, twins to slash payroll by roughly $20-$30 million 😂😂
D_H

Post by D_H »

SKOLMN wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 pm And right on cue, twins to slash payroll by roughly $20-$30 million 😂😂
Why idiot fans go to games is beyond me. Ownership is laughing at those suckers all the way to the bank.
salamander

Post by salamander »

D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:36 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 pm And right on cue, twins to slash payroll by roughly $20-$30 million 😂😂
Why idiot fans go to games is beyond me. Ownership is laughing at those suckers all the way to the bank.
I'm never going to another Twins game unless their payroll is negative. 8 positive payroll years and 2 negative payroll years is still 6 positive payroll years per decade.
Last edited by salamander on Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_H

Post by D_H »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:01 pm
D_H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:36 pm
I'm never going to another Twins game unless they're payroll is negative. 8 positive payroll years and 2 negative payroll years is still 6 positive payroll years per decade.

Me too