Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves have a PG Problem

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
salamander

Re: Wolves have a PG Problem

Post by salamander »

The title of this thread should be changed to, "Wolves no longer have a PG Problem"
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

If Morris succeeds here this season, it'll be very interesting to see if we can sign him to another deal over the summer. He does have a path here to more starters minutes if we resign Mike as well. But, he made it pretty common knowledge that he loved being back in his home state of Michigan - and Detroit just canned Hayes, traded Burks - plus Iveys role might be more of a scoring guard either starting alongside Cade or off the bench. So it's possible that Morris might also see a path back to Detroit as the #2 PG. They did just pick up Shake, Arcidiancono and Malachi Flynn - so i suppose one of that crew could stick.

You know what? I totally forgot about Marcus Sasser, whom they love and already is the likely number two behind Cade moving forward. That bodes well in our favor if Morris finds success here as he approaches free agency.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
salamander

Post by salamander »

It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:56 pm
His mom should immediately have a banner hung in Target Center
Keep your stick on the ice
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:06 pm If Morris succeeds here this season, it'll be very interesting to see if we can sign him to another deal over the summer. He does have a path here to more starters minutes if we resign Mike as well. But, he made it pretty common knowledge that he loved being back in his home state of Michigan - and Detroit just canned Hayes, traded Burks - plus Iveys role might be more of a scoring guard either starting alongside Cade or off the bench. So it's possible that Morris might also see a path back to Detroit as the #2 PG. They did just pick up Shake, Arcidiancono and Malachi Flynn - so i suppose one of that crew could stick.

You know what? I totally forgot about Marcus Sasser, whom they love and already is the likely number two behind Cade moving forward. That bodes well in our favor if Morris finds success here as he approaches free agency.
It's hard to argue that there's a better opportunity for Morris on any other team. He really landed himself in the perfect situation.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Similarly, I'm happy Vasililje Micic landed with the Hornets. He's directly behind Lamelo now in the PG pecking order, and for a guy his age - he probably is looking to get meaningful minutes NOW. Plus Lamelo always gets dinged. Future might very well be now, Vas! And it likely will remain that way into next season. They've got two decent young Cs in Williams and Richards - they seem to have hit upon a highly productive pair of forwards in Bridges and Miller. No need to update the PG spot with Melo and Micic. I'll bet they use their early lottery pick on a SG to replace Cody Martin. Dillingham, Topic, Castle, Knecht, Williams, Sheppard, Walter - they'll really have their pick of the crop there - and any of those could pair nicely in a backcourt with Lamelo.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

dp
BBG

Post by BBG »

I wonder how long until Morris is in game shape?
witljon

Post by witljon »

BBG wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:14 pm I wonder how long until Morris is in game shape?
I’m guessing the Wolves are hoping he’ll be at mid season form by the start of the playoffs, but that’s just me. :shrug:
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Here'my question:
If Monte is Mike lite does that make them, Bite,Bite and Nibble, Nibble?
My heart is family.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Catalyst wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 am Here'my question:
If Monte is Mike lite does that make them, Bite,Bite and Nibble, Nibble?
That or “Kibbles n Bits”
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:04 pm The title of this thread should be changed to, "Wolves no longer have a PG Problem"
Still a little nervous beyond this season but for the remainder of this season? Good spot finally!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Monte has to like the move from a bottom dweller to a contender. Let's hope that plays a factor in his FA this offseason. Plus, with how we are laid out positionwise - if he plays well, he's either a starter or first backup rotational guy. Not a lot of other top teams can offer that.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 am Monte has to like the move from a bottom dweller to a contender. Let's hope that plays a factor in his FA this offseason. Plus, with how we are laid out positionwise - if he plays well, he's either a starter or first backup rotational guy. Not a lot of other top teams can offer that.
Especially after his team he was with for 5 years wins a champ the year he was traded.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Talk out of a Detroit site today stresses the offseason need to try to get him back - and that he loves playing in his home state of Michigan - even though he grew up in Grand Rapids, a healthy 157 miles from Detroit City. And I get that. But he's also just 28 and a competitor. If he was in the final stages of his NBA career and in his early to mid-30s, I could see more logic. My guess is that a 28 year old in his peak will rather play for a contender.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

BBG wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:14 pm I wonder how long until Morris is in game shape?
In his presser, he said he is already there physically... just needs to get some reps and game time to sort the rest. And it looks like 10-15 mins per game is the recipe for that.
BBG

Post by BBG »

minnemike wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:52 am
In his presser, he said he is already there physically... just needs to get some reps and game time to sort the rest. And it looks like 10-15 mins per game is the recipe for that.
It looks like he fits. He has assimilated into the chemistry of the team and looks like he belongs. Once he consumes all the film and gets a better feel of how we play, he'll be a weapon this Spring

Tim Connelly does it again and it costs NOTHING
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

BBG wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:56 am
minnemike wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:52 am
It looks like he fits. He has assimilated into the chemistry of the team and looks like he belongs. Once he consumes all the film and gets a better feel of how we play, he'll be a weapon this Spring

Tim Connelly does it again and it costs NOTHING
:naners: :naners: :naners: :naners: :naners:
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Hopefully no more
My heart is family.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

we HAVE to resign him. who the hell needs Tyus Jones?!?!?
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:09 pm
He’s a better defender than what I was expecting. The more reps he gets with his new team, that’s only gonna improve.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:41 pmwe HAVE to resign him. who the hell needs Tyus Jones?!?!?
One person I can think of, but he really might just want Tyus’ grandma back instead.