Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves have a PG Problem

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
A$$MAN

Re: Wolves have a PG Problem

Post by A$$MAN »

The title of this thread should be changed to the "Wolves have a stupidity/immaturity problem."
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:15 pm
Thats more than enough for Tyus. If that offer is still on the table at the deadline, theyll get him for that.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

It’s gonna happen

Tyus will take over and start next year as well
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:47 pm

It’s gonna happen

Tyus will take over and start next year as well
I thought Doogie said it wasn't gonna happen....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
populousample

Post by populousample »

Not a likely scenario but would trading for Tyus make Mike and his expiring avail?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

populousample wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:41 pm Not a likely scenario but would trading for Tyus make Mike and his expiring avail?
You keep Mike Conley for the playoff run but his career is done. He’s breaking down at age 36 years old and has his lowest ppg in his career. He’s avg 11 pts and 6 ast.

Tyus backs him up and takes over next season.
populousample

Post by populousample »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 pm
populousample wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:41 pm Not a likely scenario but would trading for Tyus make Mike and his expiring avail?
You keep Mike Conley for the playoff run but his career is done. He’s breaking down at age 36 years old and has his lowest ppg in his career. He’s avg 11 pts and 6 ast.

Yeah, get it but Tyus is kinda redundant to Mike (but more durable) and it’s not really what the second unit is missing - right?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Mike is washed because he’s averaging a career low in points.

There you have it, everyone. It all boils down to scoring, just like every other shallow statistic this dunce focuses on.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Well, considering the number of assists that Tyus averages this year with the lowly Wiz starters, maybe it’s comparable to what he could do with our second unit. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Last edited by populousample on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

populousample wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 pm

Yeah, get it but Tyus is kinda redundant to Mike (but more durable) and it’s not really what the second unit is missing - right?
Tyus is like Mike Conley jr

A younger verision. Conley is like 3rd or 4th in assist tonturnobers this seasons. Tyus is number 1.

Both are floor generals that help run offense.

Tyus is basically Mike Conley insurance in case he gets hurt or runs out of gas before the playoffs. Conley already told teammates this might be his last year so don’t take this season for granted
populousample

Post by populousample »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:59 pm

A younger verision. Conley is like 3rd or 4th in assist tonturnobers this seasons. Tyus is number 1.

Tyus is basically Mike Conley insurance in case he gets hurt or runs out of gas before the playoffs. Conley already told teammates this might be his last year so don’t take this season for granted
Agreed, just not confident they can afford to trade the number of potential assets required for insurance on Mike.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

let's be clear. tyus is like Mike... now. last year, Mike averaged 14 ppg for us. This year 10.7. Tyus this season is averaging the highest ppg of his career - 12.1. Mike has 12 seasons of more ppg than that - and by more, i mean considerably more. Tyus has never been the player Mike was in his prime. So I don't think we should assume that Tyus is our future starting PG. he's never been that in the pros until this season with a decimated weirdass Wizards team. Of course there's more to PG than scoring - and both Mike and Tyus are steady ship guiders. but on a team that starts Jaden McDaniels, we need a starting PG to average more than 11 or 12 ppg. And that's Tyus at his best.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Back to the Gabe Vincent idea because he's on the block. I think, considering the injury he's recovering from and the uncertainty, the Lakers are getting the better end of the deal - and we'd have to hope like hell that Kyle doesn't suddenly find his shot and become a playoff factor. So... we mitigate some of that uncertainty by including Shake on the deal, and they toss in last year's 17th pick Jaden Hood-Schifino. We'd still have TBJ to cover Kyle's minutes at SF - we'd still likely have Vincent back in time for the playoffs, and he could be of help then - but we've also bolstered our future with a young player who came to the league highly rated, but hasn't found any PT yet in La La Land. But he's definitely got more potential than Moore and we could start getting him minutes behind Ant next season. LA does this because they'd get two vets they could play from Day One - and neither Vincent nor Hood-Schifino are in the rotation for LAL.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:36 pm

let's be clear. tyus is like Mike... now. last year, Mike averaged 14 ppg for us. This year 10.7. Tyus this season is averaging the highest ppg of his career - 12.1. Mike has 12 seasons of more ppg than that - and by more, i mean considerably more. Tyus has never been the player Mike was in his prime. So I don't think we should assume that Tyus is our future starting PG. he's never been that in the pros until this season with a decimated weirdass Wizards team. Of course there's more to PG than scoring - and both Mike and Tyus are steady ship guiders. but on a team that starts Jaden McDaniels, we need a starting PG to average more than 11 or 12 ppg. And that's Tyus at his best.

Of course Conley is better than Tyus prime for prime.

Conley was a top 5 pick and Tyus was a late first.

Talking about what they can do for the team now.

Tyus was the number 1 high school point guard in the country winning 3 state titles. Won the ncaa championship as a freshman and was final 4 mvp. But when you go to league athletic ability matters and that’s where Tyus lacks but his IQ and floor general ability has always been there.

This wolves team already has its 2 horses in KAT and a 3rd star in Rudy. We just need a guy to run the show and doesn’t turn over the ball and can hit the occasional 3. That’s Tyus jones perfect role. That’s why he’s the perfect fit for this wolves current team.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Checking in just to see more fucking Tyus Jobes content. My god.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Penthouse Forum has nothing on this thread.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

is that even still a thing?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 am is that even still a thing?
I still have a few from the 80s in my stash
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Ah yes, the sock drawer. that thing fueled way too many ridiculously unlikely scenarios in my wasted youth. okay, show of hands - how many here ever had two Swedish stewardesses knock on your front door "asking for directions"?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:59 am Ah yes, the sock drawer. that thing fueled way too many ridiculously unlikely scenarios in my wasted youth. okay, show of hands - how many here ever had two Swedish stewardesses knock on your front door "asking for directions"?
did bang my future step sister
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'm not sure Washington would do 4 for 1 (Minott/TBJ/Milton/Moore Jr for Tyus)... and the Wolves would need to fill roster spots quick.. convert Luka to a standard contract, sign a couple buyout guys... they still might dip into the luxury tax, not sure how the buyout guys count against the cap if they sign for the minimum. Bring back Austin Rivers for the bench?

Gobert/Naz/Luka
KAT/buyout guy
Jaden/Slomo/Miller
Ant/NAW/buyout guy
Conley/Tyus/jmac
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:59 am Ah yes, the sock drawer. that thing fueled way too many ridiculously unlikely scenarios in my wasted youth. okay, show of hands - how many here ever had two Swedish stewardesses knock on your front door "asking for directions"?
I did once, but their names were Hanz & Franz. It definitely wasn't what I had in mind.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:40 pm
I did once, but their names were Hanz & Franz. It definitely wasn't what I had in mind.
Did they pump you up?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:44 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:40 pm
Did they pump you up?
They laughed. I laughed, They pumped. I almost died.
Let's get Tropical
DonaldDouchebag

Are there any trade scenarios not involving Tyus that might help? If they can't get a backup PG I'd be happy for some more scoring firepower off the bench.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:35 pm Are there any trade scenarios not involving Tyus that might help? If they can't get a backup PG I'd be happy for some more scoring firepower off the bench.
It's Tyus or bust! A nut. Which apparently is happening a lot in this thread.
Let's get Tropical
DonaldDouchebag

Good morning! Coming in with a semi looking for more Tyus Jones chatter. Help me out, gang!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:52 am Good morning! Coming in with a semi looking for more Tyus Jones chatter. Help me out, gang!
I heard Tyus' has a thing for Marcia Brady, will that work?
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Tyus would be a great get for this team.

However, I like him backing up MIke and a spot starter. Anything more than that, and he loses his appeal quickly. He’s not the answer for long term starter at PG for us