Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jaden McDaniels Signs 5 year Extension

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Jaden McDaniels Signs 5 year Extension

Post by flexbuffchest »

:naners: :naners:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Roy Kent

Re: Jaden McDaniels Signs 5 year Extension

Post by Roy Kent »

Him and Ant forever!
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

Nice price
Tell your story walkin'!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

wow. jaden just hit the jackpot. congrats.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Not that they save a ton of money but glad it wasn't over the 5/150 mark... those numbers were starting to sound a bit crazy. Let's hope his ascension continues! Money is going to get tight in a year!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

That is less than I thought he get
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I'm very, very happy that it's for 5 years and a bit surprised he didn't get closer to 150 million. I'm growing 2 inches upon hearing this great news.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I wonder how much the punch counted against him. Maybe that was the difference between 136 and 150.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

still sounds like a lot of money to me. i'm happy for jaden.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:59 pm I wonder how much the punch counted against him. Maybe that was the difference between 136 and 150.
Doubt there was any... it's a mil more than Vassell (who can get to 146 with incentives)
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:55 pm I'm very, very happy that it's for 5 years and a bit surprised he didn't get closer to 150 million. I'm growing 2 inches upon hearing this great news.
#TurgidChat

Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:02 pm still sounds like a lot of money to me. i'm happy for jaden.
In a couple years his average per year is going to make the contract an absolute steal.

Also, unless Lore and ARod want to pay an absolute ridiculous luxury tax bill in a few years this also pretty much means either KAT or Gobert wont be here long term. Don't see both of them on this team past next year (24-25)

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:26 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:02 pm still sounds like a lot of money to me. i'm happy for jaden.
In a couple years his average per year is going to make the contract an absolute steal.

Also, unless Lore and ARod want to pay an absolute ridiculous luxury tax bill in a few years this also pretty much means either KAT or Gobert wont be here long term. Don't see both of them on this team past next year (24-25)
naz reid.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Since when does a Minnesota sports team sign s guy to a long term contract woke at the same time getting them to lower what they are asking for? This is such a sweetheart deal for the wolves.

Ant and Jaden locked in for 5 more years

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:31 pm

naz reid.
Naz Reid doesn't make all that much. Both KAT and Gobert have absolute gigantic contracts and moving one of them will pretty much be the only factor in whether or not Lore and AROD pay ridiculous luxury tax bills. I don't see them doing that unless we literally compete for a championship over the next few years.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:43 pm

naz reid.
Naz Reid doesn't make all that much. Both KAT and Gobert have absolute gigantic contracts and moving one of them will pretty much be the only factor in whether or not Lore and AROD pay ridiculous luxury tax bills. I don't see them doing that unless we literally compete for a championship over the next few years.
:lol: that was jaden talking.
BBG

Post by BBG »

I love it but Tim has some big-boy decisions to make next year. I have no idea what they are going to do but the way Towns and Gobert perform this year will probably decide the direction they go
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I don't even think they make it past the deadline next year, one is gone to stay below the ultra punitive LUX I think if you had better players or those who don't have questions there would be a better chance of us spending. If TC can take the blow to his ego a trade Rudy for a loss it might buy some time anyways, but really we need to open up money for a PG if we don't get lucky in the draft. Fortunately we have Naz, so it is not like we don't have a decent 5 as a fallback.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

BBG wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:45 pm I love it but Tim has some big-boy decisions to make next year. I have no idea what they are going to do but the way Towns and Gobert perform this year will probably decide the direction they go
He did pretty damn good last year with the Russell trade.

There were various points during the season when Russell had negative value, yet Tim did a great job holding on for him to get his value back up, and then walked away with a much better fitting PG with an additional year under contract, an underutilized former Top 20 pick that he's been able to "resurrect," and get multiple picks that he was able to turn into a draft pick this year that some had a lottery grade on.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:58 pm
BBG wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:45 pm I love it but Tim has some big-boy decisions to make next year. I have no idea what they are going to do but the way Towns and Gobert perform this year will probably decide the direction they go

There were various points during the season when Russell had negative value, yet Tim did a great job holding on for him to get his value back up, and then walked away with a much better fitting PG with an additional year under contract, an underutilized former Top 20 pick that he's been able to "resurrect," and get multiple picks that he was able to turn into a draft pick this year that some had a lottery grade on.
Connelly has been pretty damn good aside from the initial Gobert trade.

Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:19 pm

and I've begun to wonder how much of that was actually Connelly, vs Lore/A-Rod wanting to make a splash with their new toy.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:23 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:19 pm

and I've begun to wonder how much of that was actually Connelly, vs Lore/A-Rod wanting to make a splash with their new toy.
Clearly it was ownership driven, I don't think TC is that bad... but maybe.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Hell yeah! We got him!

Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

naz reid.

:naners: :naners: :naners:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Anyone know what the tax bill would be if we ran it back next year? Say we go to the western conference finals and make it a series, could we run it back? Fun problem to have
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Hells yeah!!!!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:58 pm

naz reid.

Lel
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Cool. That’s roughly $27M/per, right? Isn’t that around where we were thinking? I can’t remember. Someone bump the threads!

Anyway, how long until we turn on him? :mrgreen:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Glad he'll be a Pup for years to come but I gotta be honest....I don't value J-Mac as much as many here. Guy is a solid playa but it sure seems like he lacks the scoring ability of a true star. Yes, I know he is a lockdown defensive playa, but if you're gonna make 100+ million you better be able to put the ball in the hoop on a regular basis!
Last edited by Hornets on Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
witljon

Post by witljon »

Drizzay wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:07 pmNice price
It’s going to put the Wolves over the luxury tax….