Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jaden McDaniels Signs 5 year Extension

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
bubu dubu.

Re: Jaden McDaniels Signs 5 year Extension

Post by bubu dubu. »

witljon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:28 pm
Drizzay wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:07 pmNice price
It’s going to put the Wolves over the luxury tax….
oh no, not that
witljon

Post by witljon »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:29 pm
witljon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:28 pm
Drizzay wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:07 pmNice price
It’s going to put the Wolves over the luxury tax….
oh no, not that
Yep, that….
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:22 pm Glad he'll be a Pup for years to come but I gotta be honest....I don't value J-Mac as much as many here. Guy is a solid playa but it sure seems like he lacks the scoring ability of a true start. Yes, I know he is a lockdown defensive playa, but if you're gonna make 100+ million you better be able to put the ball in the hoop on a regular basis!
Bingo.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

KAT trade to follow?!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

At least one of Gobert or Towns will be gone by the time next season rolls around. Can only see them moving on before then if it's just clear it's a disaster with these 2 7fters. Or I guess if a really good deal happens to materialize before the trade deadline.

Seems like a good deal for Jaden. Would love to see him assert himself and be the third scoring option in the starting 5. Usurping Gobert and pushing him down to 4th option.

I think building around Ant, Jaden, and Naz Reid is feasible for a young core. I don't think there's a number 2 guy in those players, you've got you're number 1 though. Depends on the moves you make with the assets you get off of Towns and/or Gobert. You could bring in maybe 1 or 2 all-star level guys to hopefully complete the roster in time for Ant's ascension.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:22 pm Glad he'll be a Pup for years to come but I gotta be honest....I don't value J-Mac as much as many here. Guy is a solid playa but it sure seems like he lacks the scoring ability of a true start. Yes, I know he is a lockdown defensive playa, but if you're gonna make 100+ million you better be able to put the ball in the hoop on a regular basis!
Bingo.
His defense is still a good ways ahead of his offense, but I think we've seen evidence that his offensive game is catching up. Especially last season. He's very efficient from distance. Just want to see him increase the attempts a bit. That and be more comfortable putting the ball on the deck and getting to the rim.

If he can do things, he's worth every red cent.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Johnny Paywall was saying we are 11 deep on Barerrio.

Get your parade spots early!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I'd agree with that. 10 is TBJ and 11 is JMac. The way Lenny and Luka look, we might be 13 deep.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mr mort

Post by mr mort »

Probably hits my 5 for $150 mil prediction if he doesn’t punch that wall.

that would’ve been an overpay I could live with, so I’m alright with what they ultimately paid.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
T_J

Post by T_J »

YBBR wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:09 pm
irishman89 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Bingo.
His defense is still a good ways ahead of his offense, but I think we've seen evidence that his offensive game is catching up. Especially last season. He's very efficient from distance. Just want to see him increase the attempts a bit. That and be more comfortable putting the ball on the deck and getting to the rim.

If he can do things, he's worth every red cent.
For sure. He’s really good now…when he’s 25-26, this contract is for sure worth it.

I’d argue he’s our 2nd best player currently. Ideally, I think he probably could be a team’s 3rd most important guy on a true contender.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

YBBR wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 pm At least one of Gobert or Towns will be gone by the time next season rolls around. Can only see them moving on before then if it's just clear it's a disaster with these 2 7fters. Or I guess if a really good deal happens to materialize before the trade deadline.

Seems like a good deal for Jaden. Would love to see him assert himself and be the third scoring option in the starting 5. Usurping Gobert and pushing him down to 4th option.

I think building around Ant, Jaden, and Naz Reid is feasible for a young core. I don't think there's a number 2 guy in those players, you've got you're number 1 though. Depends on the moves you make with the assets you get off of Towns and/or Gobert. You could bring in maybe 1 or 2 all-star level guys to hopefully complete the roster in time for Ant's ascension.
This should be the focus! They need to get a longterm point guard figured out, I think they need to focus on a defensive minded center (cheaper and younger than Gobert) to pair with Naz eventually. Still would like to see them retain Slomo too.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:01 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 pm At least one of Gobert or Towns will be gone by the time next season rolls around. Can only see them moving on before then if it's just clear it's a disaster with these 2 7fters. Or I guess if a really good deal happens to materialize before the trade deadline.

This should be the focus! They need to get a longterm point guard figured out, I think they need to focus on a defensive minded center (cheaper and younger than Gobert) to pair with Naz eventually. Still would like to see them retain Slomo too.
KAT & JMac to NYK for Quickley, Robinson, & Fournier (expiring) at the trade deadline solves the longterm PG & defensive minded C puzzle (while adding 3 firsts). Let’s go!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I thought jaden was an overpay but i realized

Would you rather have Jaden defense at 5 years 130 million

Or

Michael Porters offense at 5 year 180 million?

I’d take Jaden. The crazy salary is just how the nba is nowadays
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:27 am
What is not recognized by most is Addison is 6'8.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 am
6'8'', 175 lbs
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:10 am
:lol:
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I don’t know where to put this, but the ass kissing over such a small sample size made me laugh.
T_J

Post by T_J »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:35 pm I don’t know where to put this, but the ass kissing over such a small sample size made me laugh.
Ha. There’s some schmuck out there who is like 7/8 against him too which would be equally laughable.
shuttlesworth

Post by shuttlesworth »

Anthony Edwards is 0 for 0 against Jimmy Butler this season, because Butler sat out the Heat's loss against the Wolves.
Mnwild1128

Post by Mnwild1128 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:24 pm I thought jaden was an overpay but i realized

Would you rather have Jaden defense at 5 years 130 million

Or

Michael Porters offense at 5 year 180 million?

I’d take Jaden. The crazy salary is just how the nba is nowadays
Yep. To me that MPJ contract is disgusting.
T_J

Post by T_J »

shuttlesworth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:51 pm Anthony Edwards is 0 for 0 against Jimmy Butler this season, because Butler sat out the Heat's loss against the Wolves.
Holy shit that’s 0%. Edwards suck or Jimmy is just lockdown more than we thought?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

You know what they left off that remarkable chart was probably some game where Kevin Huerter went 4-5 from deep against him. A ridiculously tiny sampled, cherry picked BM of no importance.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

He wasn't on ESPN's top 25 under 25 list and had guys like Walker Kessler over him.
Roy Kent

Post by Roy Kent »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:58 am He wasn't on ESPN's top 25 under 25 list and had guys like Walker Kessler over him.
WTF? ESPN has slowly gone down hill over the years/decades. I barely go there anymore tbh.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:58 am He wasn't on ESPN's top 25 under 25 list and had guys like Walker Kessler over him.
I need to deprogram my brain from treating 'espn' as my sports google. The current top 2 links on their NBA page...

Sources: Refs' treatment of LeBron miffs Lakers

Brooks' LeBron game plan: 'Ready to lock him up'
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:40 am
I need to deprogram my brain from treating 'espn' as my sports google. The current top 2 links on their NBA page...

Sources: Refs' treatment of LeBron miffs Lakers

Brooks' LeBron game plan: 'Ready to lock him up'
That is hilarious.

I remember when the online version of the sportingnews was really good. Now it looks like a web aggregator.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jaden's been taking some positive steps since he came back from the ankle injury. if he maintains great. if he continues to build on these games even better. Ant was singing his praises after the kings game again. said he and rudy are first team all defensive players.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

My kid got me a McDaniels jersey for Christmas.

Expect a trade before New Year's.

Usually the way it goes.
My body, my choice.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:54 pm My kid got me a McDaniels jersey for Christmas.

Expect a trade before New Year's.

Usually the way it goes.
That or he’ll get caught with hookers and blow.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov