Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Royce Lewis

A place to discuss the MN Twins
D_H

Royce Lewis

Post by D_H »

How good can this guy be? I think he has a chance to be the best player since Kirby. Don’t get me wrong, Justin Morneau was an MVP and a great player but he might be above him.

We now have two real superstars potentially in Minnesota in Justin Jefferson, and Royce Lewis. :clap:
Hornets

Re: Royce Lewis

Post by Hornets »

D_H wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:01 pm How good can this guy be? I think he has a chance to be the best player since Kirby. Don’t get me wrong, Justin Morneau was an MVP and a great player but he might be above him.

We now have two real superstars potentially in Minnesota in Justin Jefferson, and Royce Lewis. :clap:
TWO? How bout ANT and Kirill??!! We got FOUR DH!!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
D_H

Post by D_H »

Hornets wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:03 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:01 pm How good can this guy be? I think he has a chance to be the best player since Kirby. Don’t get me wrong, Justin Morneau was an MVP and a great player but he might be above him.

Kirill yes, ANT was not even named to the Western Conference All-Star team until a couple guys got hurt. He’s a good player but far from a superstar too many holes in his game he actually had a lower player efficiency rating than Tyrese Maxey. We saw how far he carried team USA basically playing against division two caliber players. LeBron James does not have him on his recruitment list for the Olympic team. That should tell you all you need to know.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

D_H wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:05 pm

Kirill yes, ANT was not even named to the Western Conference All-Star team until a couple guys got hurt. He’s a good player but far from a superstar too many holes in his game. We saw how far he carried team USA basically playing against division two caliber players. LeBron James does not have him on his recruitment list for the Olympic team. That should tell you all you need to know.
Maybe I just got caught up in the rubes hype of ANT. During this last tournament several here raved about him and suggested he had reached super star status. I'm no hoops expert but the kid can ball!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Twins Dingers
@TwinsDingers
Royce Lewis is tied for 15th in grand slams since 2017, the year he was drafted. Lewis didn’t make his Major League debut until 2022.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Hornets wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 pm

Kirill yes, ANT was not even named to the Western Conference All-Star team until a couple guys got hurt. He’s a good player but far from a superstar too many holes in his game. We saw how far he carried team USA basically playing against division two caliber players. LeBron James does not have him on his recruitment list for the Olympic team. That should tell you all you need to know.
Maybe I just got caught up in the rubes hype of ANT. During this last tournament several here raved about him and suggested he had reached super star status. I'm no hoops expert but the kid can ball!!
Lol

Yes, Wolves Chat is the most out of touch of any forum on here. Every year most in there pick Minnesota to win 50+ games and have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. Lol I think they’re a bunch of good guys just a way out of touch with reality. Loyal fans, but really homers & unrealistic.
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

Told you guys this man was the truth. Also told you guys early on that Jeffers was superior to Vasquez.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

Kirill yes, ANT was not even named to the Western Conference All-Star team until a couple guys got hurt. He’s a good player but far from a superstar too many holes in his game he actually had a lower player efficiency rating than Tyrese Maxey. We saw how far he carried team USA basically playing against division two caliber players. LeBron James does not have him on his recruitment list for the Olympic team. That should tell you all you need to know.
All-Star voting is dumb, that is how he was not named an All-Star until a few guys got hurt.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:46 pm

All-Star voting is dumb, that is how he was not named an All-Star until a few guys got hurt.

Wrong he wasn’t picked by the coaches either until people got hurt

His player efficiency rating was very average.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ROYCE LEWIS 4 GRAND SLAMS IN 18 GAMES! @EliasSports says that it is easily the shortest span during which any MLB player has hit 4 grand slams (and of course it is). Just completely ridiculous.
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

D_H wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:01 pm
I hope you’re not including Jefferson in “potentially” being a superstar…

This is his 4th year.

And for a WR 2 games into his 4th year… statistically… he’s the best who’s ever played the game… his stats destroy what Randy Moss… or Jerry Rice had done in their first 3 years.

He has more receiving yards right now… than any Chicago Bear had in his career.

And the Bears have been playing football for 103 years.
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

The Real Ted wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:23 pm

This is his 4th year.

And for a WR 2 games into his 4th year… statistically… he’s the best who’s ever played the game… his stats destroy what Randy Moss… or Jerry Rice had done in their first 3 years.

Hey I follow you on X
D_H

Post by D_H »

This is his 4th year.

nooooo

He’s already a super star
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

As alluded to in other posts, we have 2 superstars in Minnesota. JJ and Thrill. Even though I don't watch the NBA, I still 'hear' enough vicariously because I pay attention to the local scene in general. I think most knowledgeable people would say Ant has superstar potential. And, yeah, Royce has the potential, too.

As easy as he was to critique after the position switch, Joe Mauer was a superstar for the first half of his career.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

In regards to my previous post, Johan Santana was a true superstar as a Twin. Arguably the best pitcher in baseball during his final 4 years in 'Sota.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Torii Hunter
@toriihunter48
Proud of this young man. Congratulations Royce Lewis.

The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

Coach X wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:54 pm

This is his 4th year.

Hey I follow you on X
That’s an impressive feat.

Because I don’t have an X account.
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

The Real Ted wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:49 pm
Coach X wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:54 pm

This is his 4th year.

Hey I follow you on X
That’s an impressive feat.

Because I don’t have an X account.
Imposter
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

He'll be out for the year. Book it.
My body, my choice.
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:50 pm He'll be out for the year. Book it.
I'd say 50/50 for the wildcard series, but if they move on he will be back. If it's grade 1, he'll be back well in time for the wildcard
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:50 pm He'll be out for the year. Book it.
He’s day to day
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

boxter432 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 pm
He’s day to day
We'll see. The Twins have a pretty lengthy track record of being shady when it comes to player injuries/timetables.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

He pulled a hammy, guys. It happens.

Two weeks and ready for the playoffs...max.
DMB

Post by DMB »

ForCaleb wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:09 am He pulled a hammy, guys. It happens.

Two weeks and ready for the playoffs...max.
Hopefully-I'm prepared for amputation however :(
Semper Fi
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
Royce Lewis said the hamstring is still tight, the same as yesterday. He said the "shooting pain" was all on the swing in the eighth, nothing to do with the ground ball earlier in the game. MRI tomorrow morning. Frustrated, clearly, but also glad it's not another ACL issue.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
The #MNTwins put Royce Lewis on the IL for the hamstring and recalled Jordan Luplow. We’ll know more about that soon.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

makes sense roster wise. hopefully 10 days is enough rest... .. PLEASE
Coach X

Post by Coach X »

Looking likely he is off of the wildcard roster and added to the division series roster if they are lucky enough to be there. If they are real contenders in the AL, they should be able to accomplish the wild card round without him being at home and having 2 aces in a best of 3.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

no reason to throw in the towel--but it's a huge loss to not have your most dynamic player in the lineup for the wildcard series. the guy that was on his way to the american league's player of the month for september. also no way that i'll ever believe he didn't aggravate that hamstring running down to first a couple innings prior to that AB. he should have been pulled right after that. if he was there'd certainly be a better chance that he'd be available for this first series.