Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL GOLDEN GOPHERS FOOTBALL GDT***

Home for Gopher football topics
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: ***OFFICIAL GOLDEN GOPHERS FOOTBALL GDT***

Post by RubeTube »

It was your typical Goober season…. Meaningless.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Downer of a season to be sure
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

I was dumb to think they had a chance today against a horrid Wisconsin team.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

They are just not that good. Lucky to beat Nebraska. Northwestern debacle. Illinois debacle. Need I go on…
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

If PJ stays he might want to introduce the players, esp on Defense, the concept of tackling being the best option to stopping the other team.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

One of many bummers is that our Rodents will head into next season unsure at the QB position, a position that we were hoping Kali would take a stranglehold on for the next few years.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Hornets wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:22 am One of many bummers is that our Rodents will head into next season unsure at the QB position, a position that we were hoping Kali would take a stranglehold on for the next few years.
I don't know how good AK would be at a school with comparable talent but a staff that is "good" at developing qb's. However, given his arm talent, athletic ability and from what we have heard his "intangibles" I think it's at least reasonable that at a comparable talented team but with a staff that is good at cleaning up mechanics and developing QB I think his floor would be "solid to good P5 QB" and his ceiling perhaps would be above avg to really good.

It's for those reasons that I think this is by far his biggest fail as a head coach here. People like to focus on his conservative shit and his goofy antics, and trust me all that stuff is very goddamn rippable, but this AK going backwards just killed the entire season. That and it's a complete mystery to me as to what happened with this defense.

The irony is I think he wants out. No idea what they should do, no idea what they will do, I just know it really fucking sucks....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:11 am
Hornets wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:22 am One of many bummers is that our Rodents will head into next season unsure at the QB position, a position that we were hoping Kali would take a stranglehold on for the next few years.
I don't know how good AK would be at a school with comparable talent but a staff that is "good" at developing qb's. However, given his arm talent, athletic ability and from what we have heard his "intangibles" I think it's at least reasonable that at a comparable talented team but with a staff that is good at cleaning up mechanics and developing QB I think his floor would be "solid to good P5 QB" and his ceiling perhaps would be above avg to really good.

It's for those reasons that I think this is by far his biggest fail as a head coach here. People like to focus on his conservative shit and his goofy antics, and trust me all that stuff is very goddamn rippable, but this AK going backwards just killed the entire season. That and it's a complete mystery to me as to what happened with this defense.

The irony is I think he wants out. No idea what they should do, no idea what they will do, I just know it really fucking sucks....
You think AK wants out?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They're going to a bowl game? lol
Let's get Tropical
TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

They should get a good pick this year. Looking forward to,next! Go Golden Goofs!
hategreenticemase

Hornets wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:42 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:11 am

You think AK wants out?
I have no idea, if I were him I would want out - but from program perspective, who cares? You have proven you can't take a guy who needs polishing but has upside and develop him so what good is he to us?

Feek, what's your thought on QB going forward?
hategreenticemase

I would like to go on record as doing a complete 180 on my desired outcome on whether our team makes the postseason. Had you asked me earlier this morning I would have laughed at the notion and said it's embarrassing, in fact I think I actually did in this thread at some point. However full disclosure I want to go on record as being 100% in support of this occurring now if the below information comes to fruition.

I stumbled onto some bowl projections prediction deal and it had our squad going to play in the New Mexico Bowl against.......Mr Jerruh Kill and the New Mexico State squad.

As I'm sure all would agree this would be the one way it would be something to want to have happen as it's simply hilarious as fuck on so many levels. :lol:
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

The news is they are going to a bowl game. Not enough teams with 6 wins so it goes by GPA ranking!
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
hategreenticemase

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:37 am
Is this legit? Is the portal you been open yet?
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:46 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:37 am
Is this legit? Is the portal you been open yet?
It's legit. Brad Johnson's kid from Texas A&M is also in the portal.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!