Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2024 Looks Like a Great Year for the Vikings to Draft a Quarterback

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oriole81

Re: 2024 Looks Like a Great Year for the Vikings to Draft a Quarterback

Post by Oriole81 »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am
Oriole81 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:24 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:16 pm

Right. But all, except arguably the Daunte year, was a short window of 1-2 years max.

Just once, I’d like to see them be bold and try to kick open a 15-year window of competitiveness behind a young elite QB prospect. Assuming one of the top picks is gettable (and I think it is) and that there’s a top guy we covet (and I think there is), this is the time to strike. When are we going to have this chance again?
I don’t disagree, but I was just contributing to the narrative that some fans think it HAS to be a big trade up or bust.
It kind of is. I mean they could take Penix or Nix and both could turn out to be HOF but in the end there is a contingent that has been against Kirk for his whole time here and the narrative has largely been “ he held the team back with his high salary and lack of mobility “ and a rookie QB is what the team needs.

Now those people are getting their way and they are going to have to face reality if the QB doesn’t work out.
With what assets we currently have on offense (JJ, Addison, Hock, Darrisaw, O'Neill, Jones, KOC), I have a hard time believing a QB is going to flat out "bust" with us. If he does, it's probably heavily influenced by KOC not being what we thought he was as a developer, and if that's the case then it will probably be the same if we traded a ton of assets to move up for someone like Maye, that still needs work to hit his zenith.

Now, one QB may only be good enough to ensure you get through his rookie scale contract, but that's still 4 years of assured cheap salary. That's a window in and of itself though, and shouldn't be discounted that much in the possibly overrated pursuit of your 10-15 year "franchise QB."

So the question now just comes to expectations vs investment. How much better do you expect QB3 vs QB4 vs QB5, and how much are you willing to pay up in order to get one vs the other.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:04 pm
PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am
Oriole81 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:24 pm

I don’t disagree, but I was just contributing to the narrative that some fans think it HAS to be a big trade up or bust.
It kind of is. I mean they could take Penix or Nix and both could turn out to be HOF but in the end there is a contingent that has been against Kirk for his whole time here and the narrative has largely been “ he held the team back with his high salary and lack of mobility “ and a rookie QB is what the team needs.

Now those people are getting their way and they are going to have to face reality if the QB doesn’t work out.
With what assets we currently have on offense (JJ, Addison, Hock, Darrisaw, O'Neill, Jones, KOC), I have a hard time believing a QB is going to flat out "bust" with us. If he does, it's probably heavily influenced by KOC not being what we thought he was as a developer, and if that's the case then it will probably be the same if we traded a ton of assets to move up for someone like Maye, that still needs work to hit his zenith.

Now, one QB may only be good enough to ensure you get through his rookie scale contract, but that's still 4 years of assured cheap salary. That's a window in and of itself though, and shouldn't be discounted that much in the possibly overrated pursuit of your 10-15 year "franchise QB."

So the question now just comes to expectations vs investment. How much better do you expect QB3 vs QB4 vs QB5, and how much are you willing to pay up in order to get one vs the other.
mullens had big games yardage-wise. there are a lot of QBs that should be able to hit the vikings open receivers. i think the kirk lovers are going to be surprised how well the offense moves with the new guy(s). i think darnold will be able to have it running pretty smoothly.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

The one thing Kirk did pretty well at was taking care of the ball along with putting up the numbers and moving the ball through the air.

That's gonna be big, the best QB's in the league are super accurate and don't frequently put the ball in the danger zone, aka poor decision making and wild inaccuracy.

Mullens and Darnold could both be decent QB's if they could take care of the football. Kirk did that and has a hell of an arm hence he gets more big pay days.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:07 pm The one thing Kirk did pretty well at was taking care of the ball along with putting up the numbers and moving the ball through the air.

That's gonna be big, the best QB's in the league are super accurate and don't frequently put the ball in the danger zone, aka poor decision making and wild inaccuracy.

Mullens and Darnold could both be decent QB's if they could take care of the football. Kirk did that and has a hell of an arm hence he gets more big pay days.
Spielman thinks that the Vikings not only like McCarthy, that they are willing to pay more than three 1st rounders to trade up for. :o
The Vikings acquired another first-round pick in the 2024 draft with the clear intention of moving up from their current position at No. 11. Former Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman believes they will indeed move up and be willing to pay a high price to do so.

Spielman shared his thoughts on a CBS Sports podcast, suggesting that the Vikings may need to give up picks 11 and 23, along with their 2025 first-round pick, and possibly more, to secure former Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ri ... a7bf&ei=10
salamander

Post by salamander »

You guys, the top 3 guys are un-getable.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:07 pm The one thing Kirk did pretty well at was taking care of the ball along with putting up the numbers and moving the ball through the air.

I think the point that was trying to be made was that, look at what a guy like Mullens, who is universally accepted as a backup QB, can do in this offense.
Then take him out and put in someone like Penix, who has possible Top 20 starter potential.
Then take Penix out, and put in someone like Maye/McCarthy, who should be even better.

Flat out "busting" should not be our fear.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Huh? Kirk was 4th in QB turnovers with 17 in 2022 (his last full season in MN).
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:52 am Image
So the odds are in our favor!!!! Let’s gooooooo! Drake! Drake! Drake! Drake! Drake!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:52 am Image
Interesting. I'm sure they print this trying to illicit the response that it's a negative, however if you actually did a little bit of investigation...

*The Panthers trade up last year looks completely different if they take Stroud instead of Young.
*SF's trade up probably never becomes worth it, but could they have done a better job with a more polished product like Fields instead of Lance?
* The Jets trade up looks a helluva lot different if they take Josh Allen instead of Darnold. Plus, that wasn't a massive trade up asset wise, it was actually pretty good value.
*The Rams made a SB with Goff on his rookie scale contract.
*The Eagles won a SB with Wentz on his rookie scale contract.
*Vick was a good trade. Maybe they could have been better off sticking and getting the LT/Brees option, but you couldn't have known that at the time.
*Leaf was a good trade, but you just got burned on his mental. But his talent was no doubt.

I don't think the problem is the trade ups, but instead the quality of the organizations that are making the trades. If you're a bad organization and you do something bad, that doesn't mean a quality organization that does the same thing will have the same bad outcome.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

It’s a clever graphic, but it’s cherry picked. Mahomes was outside the top-5, but that was a pretty good trade up.

Trading up for Eli Manning worked out for the Giants, but they traded from 4 to 1, so not into the top-5 (they were already there). It was also more than 10 times ago.

So unless you think there’s some magic about going to the top-5 from outside the top-5, there is precedent for trading up working out; which seems to be the point. And this graphic is designed to ignore the positive cases.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:41 am It’s a clever graphic, but it’s cherry picked. Mahomes was outside the top-5, but that was a pretty good trade up.

Trading up for Eli Manning worked out for the Giants, but they traded from 4 to 1, so not into the top-5 (they were already there). It was also more than 10 times ago.

So unless you think there’s some magic about going to the top-5 from outside the top-5, there is precedent for trading up working out; which seems to be the point. And this graphic is designed to ignore the positive cases.
The deal is there are certain sets of characteristics that identify a NFL franchise quarterback. But is aint no science. Just because a QB has all of the characteristics you are looking for does not guarantee success and likewise, a handful of quarterbacks without these characteristics can become Hall of Fame QBs, maybe even the GOAT QB.

To get the opportunity to draft a QB with that set of characteristics is a costly venture. Your team either has to suck to be at the top of the draft or mortgage up draft capital to move into that position.

The VIkings are in a situation in which attempting to trade into the range to draft a potential franchise QB is opportune for several reasons. (this is just a repeat of repeating everything I have said from the beginning of this process).

FIrst, the QB class is deep meaning the range of availability in the draft is deeper than normal.
Second, the VIkings are on the fringe of that range at #11 meaning we have the ability to trade up.
Third, there really isn't a compelling player at a position of need in this draft to take with our top pick.

I would trade up to take any of the top 4 QBs in this draft: 1. Williams 2. Daniels 3. McCarthy 4. Maye

I have switched a bit and I would perhaps take Michael Penix with the 23rd pick if he is available. I don't think Penix has the set of characteristics that identify a NFL franchise QB because his throwing angle is improper and it is difficult to be successful in the NFL with that motion. But a few here and there can, such as Philip Rivers. In fact, I was listening to JT OSUllivan being interviewed on a podcast and he mentioned he has no trouble with Penix throwing motion but added that might be because he spent so much time around Philip Rivers.

I would also add this: I think the QB that best fits Kevin O'Connell's variant of the Sean McVay offense is JJ McCarthy. He has played in a professional style offense with plenty of time under center and has demonstrated the ability to run NFL play action vs the RPO style shot gun offenses the other QBs run. O'Connell/McVay have always used non-running QBs like Stafford and Cousins and do not have any real QB mobility designed into the game plan as was evident during the Passtronaut's experience with the team. This does not mean that mobility in a QB isn't important in their schemes to extend plays and pick up yardage when everything is covered and McCarthy would be the most mobile QB they ever had in their systems.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:33 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:41 am It’s a clever graphic, but it’s cherry picked. Mahomes was outside the top-5, but that was a pretty good trade up.

The deal is there are certain sets of characteristics that identify a NFL franchise quarterback. But is aint no science. Just because a QB has all of the characteristics you are looking for does not guarantee success and likewise, a handful of quarterbacks without these characteristics can become Hall of Fame QBs, maybe even the GOAT QB.

To get the opportunity to draft a QB with that set of characteristics is a costly venture. Your team either has to suck to be at the top of the draft or mortgage up draft capital to move into that position.

The VIkings are in a situation in which attempting to trade into the range to draft a potential franchise QB is opportune for several reasons. (this is just a repeat of repeating everything I have said from the beginning of this process).

FIrst, the QB class is deep meaning the range of availability in the draft is deeper than normal.
Second, the VIkings are on the fringe of that range at #11 meaning we have the ability to trade up.
Third, there really isn't a compelling player at a position of need in this draft to take with our top pick.

I would trade up to take any of the top 4 QBs in this draft: 1. Williams 2. Daniels 3. McCarthy 4. Maye

I have switched a bit and I would perhaps take Michael Penix with the 23rd pick if he is available. I don't think Penix has the set of characteristics that identify a NFL franchise QB because his throwing angle is improper and it is difficult to be successful in the NFL with that motion. But a few here and there can, such as Philip Rivers. In fact, I was listening to JT OSUllivan being interviewed on a podcast and he mentioned he has no trouble with Penix throwing motion but added that might be because he spent so much time around Philip Rivers.

I would also add this: I think the QB that best fits Kevin O'Connell's variant of the Sean McVay offense is JJ McCarthy. He has played in a professional style offense with plenty of time under center and has demonstrated the ability to run NFL play action vs the RPO style shot gun offenses the other QBs run. O'Connell/McVay have always used non-running QBs like Stafford and Cousins and do not have any real QB mobility designed into the game plan as was evident during the Passtronaut's experience with the team. This does not mean that mobility in a QB isn't important in their schemes to extend plays and pick up yardage when everything is covered and McCarthy would be the most mobile QB they ever had in their systems.
Current steam on Penix could mean that he won't slip past the Raiders at 13. I watched some Youtube show today that guessed that Denver may just trade back from 12 to somewhere in the 20's and then pick Bo Nix.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:41 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:44 am Minnesota Vikings just sent "their whole staff" including KAM & KOC to a private workout for Michael Penix Jr.

Yep
They want him or Drake Maye
Penix is not the preferred pick. It's either Maye, McCarthy or Daniels in that order. Penix is 4th option.

Wrong Mlhouse
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

William Munny wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:55 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:33 am

Current steam on Penix could mean that he won't slip past the Raiders at 13. I watched some Youtube show today that guessed that Denver may just trade back from 12 to somewhere in the 20's and then pick Bo Nix.
JT OSullivan just released his 2024 QB draft rankings: 1. Caleb WIlliams 2. Jayden Daniels 3. JJ McCarthy 4. Drake Maye 5. Penix.

Basically, if you listen to his views on each they are exactly what I have been saying for the past two months. It isn't surprising because I evaluate QBs like he does because a lot of what I look for he preaches such as "all your cleats in the ground", "anticipation". I have a lot of respect for JT because he is very analytical and has a grounding in many offensive systems since he bounced around the league so much.

AS far as the QB5 and QB6 steam... I don't know. If I can't get one of the top 4, I am not sure I want to spend #11 on a QB. If Denver or LVR pick Nix or Penix at 12 or 13, I think that is a reach. Can Penix or Nix become quality NFL QBs? Yes. But it is a lot less probable than the other 4 who could always fail too.

If they can't trade up to a spot to take one of the top 4 guys, then I would see what is available at 23 at the earliest to take Penix. I would not take Nix and I would not take Rattler at any part of the draft. If someone snipes Penix, then we need to find an alternative route to the franchise QBs with Kevin working double overtime to get Sam ready.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I don’t care for JJ but I have no problem if they drafted him at #11.

In no way do I think there are 4 QBs in this draft worth 3 1st rounders.

If that’s the case, you are telling me all 4 of these guys end up in the top 8 QBs in the league and no fucking way that is happening. If they don’t end up that good? They aren’t worth 3 1sts. You will be lucky if two of the 4 pan out to even be long term starters. It’s a matter of identifying who those guys are.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:00 pm I don’t care for JJ but I have no problem if they drafted him at #11.

If that’s the case, you are telling me all 4 of these guys end up in the top 8 QBs in the league and no fucking way that is happening. If they don’t end up that good? They aren’t worth 3 1sts. You will be lucky if two of the 4 pan out to even be long term starters. It’s a matter of identifying who those guys are.
Pretty much true. With that said I think that McCarthy is one of those two. It would not surprise me if Daniels career in limited due to injury, Maye never really figures it out, Caleb Williams proves to be cray-cray and plays to his floor and not ceiling, while Penix is longer term back-up and Nix is just so-so.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:00 pm I don’t care for JJ but I have no problem if they drafted him at #11.

That isn't what ANYONE is saying. Instead, since the draft is an uncertain science, these 4 QBs have all of the traits to be franchise QBs in the NFL. Some may make it, some may not. But that is what you move up to draft.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:41 am
There it is.

Here's my wild speculation take for the draft: Both the MN side and the Daniels side want a trade to happen, so they will pressure NE to make a deal. NE realizes they are not a good spot for a QB to develop at the moment and will abide. Not sure what that ends up being, but here's the kicker... the Daniels consortium will also pressure WAS to not draft him and they will pivot to Maye or JJ. That leaves Daniels there to be had at #3 and maybe Maye, if WAS goes JJ.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:53 am
Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:41 am
There it is.

Here's my wild speculation take for the draft: Both the MN side and the Daniels side want a trade to happen, so they will pressure NE to make a deal. NE realizes they are not a good spot for a QB to develop at the moment and will abide. Not sure what that ends up being, but here's the kicker... the Daniels consortium will also pressure WAS to not draft him and they will pivot to Maye or JJ. That leaves Daniels there to be had at #3 and maybe Maye, if WAS goes JJ.
The Vikings are going to pick who they are going to pick if they trade up and select a QB that they like. With that said, I am not confident in Daniels being able to stay healthy at almost 6'4" and about 200lbs. I have also yet to see him show that he can go through progressions like Williams, Maye and McCarthy have shown. He would be QB #4 for me.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

What if we end up having a top 1 or 2 pick after this season? That would make trading next year's first pick for #4 this year a lot.

Are the quarterbacks that bad for next year? Is this year's crop being overhyped?

I think we have a trade worked out with the Pats for the #3 pick. They will get both our firsts, next year's first, and two 3rd rounders from next year.

We will take Maye.

If that happens I will go out and buy some lottery tickets. Except I think the majority here are hoping for this to happen.

The Pats don't have the weapons that the Vikings do. They need a lot and are building, so taking a ton of extra firsts lets them reload. They could take a Nix, Penix Jr, etc. McCarthy would probably be there at #11 for them anyway. It is a huge win for them to not take Maye, which many reports have said they are not totally sold on.

On the Pats website there are a few scenarios where they trade with us:
https://www.patriots.com/news/2024-patr ... ft-tracker
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

cunningham wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:28 am What if we end up having a top 1 or 2 pick after this season? That would make trading next year's first pick for #4 this year a lot.

Are the quarterbacks that bad for next year? Is this year's crop being overhyped?

I think we have a trade worked out with the Pats for the #3 pick. They will get both our firsts, next year's first, and two 3rd rounders from next year.

We will take Maye.

If that happens I will go out and buy some lottery tickets. Except I think the majority here are hoping for this to happen.

The Pats don't have the weapons that the Vikings do. They need a lot and are building, so taking a ton of extra firsts lets them reload. They could take a Nix, Penix Jr, etc. McCarthy would probably be there at #11 for them anyway. It is a huge win for them to not take Maye, which many reports have said they are not totally sold on.

Why would you think we'd be one of the worst teams in the league?

We still have JJ and Addison, very good OTs, Aaron Jones, Hock should be back at some point, an improved defense that was already middle of the road last year, plus a pretty doable schedule considering where we finished last year.

That's not a bottom of the league roster, not even close. It may not have that high of a peak depending on how the QB goes, but considering where parity in the league is at, we should be fine.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

cunningham wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:28 am What if we end up having a top 1 or 2 pick after this season? That would make trading next year's first pick for #4 this year a lot.

We will take Maye.

Quinn Ewers is probably QB2 next year. I scouted him a lot this past year because I thought he’d declare for this draft. I’d put him at QB6 or 7 if he was in this draft.

The top guy, Georgia's Carson Beck, would probably be QB 5 this year.

I don’t much like Shadeur Sanders at all. Zero interest right now.

There are other names to watch like Miami’s Cam Ward and Penn St.’s Drew Allar, but none of them seem like first round picks right now to me.

That can change, of course. Nobody had Jayden Daniels as a top prospect at this time last year, so the science is far from exact. But that’s how it looks now, in my opinion.

- Isaac Asimov
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

We will take Maye.

Quinn Ewers is probably QB2 next year. I scouted him a lot this past year because I thought he’d declare for this draft. I’d put him at QB6 or 7 if he was in this draft.

There are other names to watch like Miami’s Cam Ward and Penn St.’s Drew Allar, but none of them seem like first round picks right now to me.

That can change, of course. Nobody had Jayden Daniels as a top prospect at this time last year, so the science is far from exact. But that’s how it looks now, in my opinion.
Ward is interesting. He might propel himself next season.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:49 am

We will take Maye.

He could. He’s probably the #1 guy to watch if you’re looking for a guy to rise. He was probably a day 3 pick based on tools if he came out this year. But he’s got the upside. If he has a great year, he enters the chat.

- Isaac Asimov
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

We will take Maye.

NE trying to get the farm for #3 or set to stay at #3 and pick a QB?
Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston reported on the April 5 edition of the “Tom Curran Patriots Talk Podcast” that three first-round picks from the Vikings — Nos. 11 and 23 this year, as well as a 2025 first — will be well short of what the New England Patriots will require to move off the No. 3 overall selection later this month.

“From what I’m hearing, it’s going to take a lot more than that for the Patriots to be moved off their spot, because they as a team collectively understand the opportunity that these three quarterbacks represent at the top of the draft,” Curran said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pa ... c7419&ei=7
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:53 am
Small Hands wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:49 am

He could. He’s probably the #1 guy to watch if you’re looking for a guy to rise. He was probably a day 3 pick based on tools if he came out this year. But he’s got the upside. If he has a great year, he enters the chat.
A QB that could be QB2 or even the top rated passer in 2025 is Riley Leonard. HE was pretty good as a true sophomore at Duke, but his junior year was marred by injury (high ankle sprain which he played through for several weeks). Good arm, very good mobility. 6-4.

WIth Elko moving to A&M, Leonard transferred to the spotlight of Notre Dame for the 2024 college season.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:33 am

We will take Maye.

Why would you think we'd be one of the worst teams in the league?

We still have JJ and Addison, very good OTs, Aaron Jones, Hock should be back at some point, an improved defense that was already middle of the road last year, plus a pretty doable schedule considering where we finished last year.

That's not a bottom of the league roster, not even close. It may not have that high of a peak depending on how the QB goes, but considering where parity in the league is at, we should be fine.
You are right. Even with Darnold I think we are gonna be pretty good. Our defense might be the best we've seen here in a very long time.

All of a sudden Darnold blows it up and we are faced with trusting a rookie or paying him Cousins' type of money.

I personally feel like we are better than the Packers or Bears even with Darnold. I also feel like the Lions might not repeat their same success this season. We could win the North with Darnold and then be mad we traded a bunch of picks for a quarterback we don't need.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:44 am

Huh? Kirk was 4th in QB turnovers with 17 in 2022 (his last full season in MN).
Cousins was a known fumbler when he got here too.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.