Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Expectations of the course you are playing

Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Expectations of the course you are playing

Post by Sellingguy »

I swear some golfers are as dumb as they come with their expectations of golf courses.

Not every course is The Classic at Maddens.

Heard a guy bitching about the dry conditions at Eagle Valley in Woodbury yesterday. The course is in great shape tee to green. YES THE ROUGH is dry and thin. They dont water it. if we have a good rain that rough is thick and long.

A few years ago I heard a guy bitching about conditions at Lakeview in Two Harbors. A small town course that does not have a huge budget. But the tee boxes and greens are always in great shape, fairways play to the weather.

At Stonebrooke I heard a guy claim the gps on the carts at the time were off by 10 yards. His playing partners chimed in ..um, that is not your problem.
Hornets

Re: Expectations of the course you are playing

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:10 pm I swear some golfers are as dumb as they come with their expectations of golf courses.

Not every course is The Classic at Maddens.

Heard a guy bitching about the dry conditions at Eagle Valley in Woodbury yesterday. The course is in great shape tee to green. YES THE ROUGH is dry and thin. They dont water it. if we have a good rain that rough is thick and long.

A few years ago I heard a guy bitching about conditions at Lakeview in Two Harbors. A small town course that does not have a huge budget. But the tee boxes and greens are always in great shape, fairways play to the weather.

At Stonebrooke I heard a guy claim the gps on the carts at the time were off by 10 yards. His playing partners chimed in ..um, that is not your problem.
Don't play much but my expectations are pretty minimal. I'm satisfied if the course is overall in good shape, if the traps are raked, if the groups around us aren't loudly using the f'nheimer all the time, and if the beverage girl makes at least one appearance on both the front and back 9's.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: