Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Minnesota Wild pre-season Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
LwnmwrMan222

Re: ***Official 2023 NHL Draft & Wild Off Season Thread***

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:04 pm
psychopath wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:58 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:53 pm :lol: :lol:
So, you never admitted being wrong on Fiala disappearing last playoffs. He had a pretty good year in LA. Wouldn't ya type?

Billy sure has made the team better by trading for a guy who should retire.

I'll make a bet with anyone that Reeves has more points than Maroon.
Just for fun I'll take that bet The Psycho!
If ATrian is Mr. Ball, I'm glad to see him back.

Boring with no one to banter back and forth with.
My body, my choice.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:44 pm

So, you never admitted being wrong on Fiala disappearing last playoffs. He had a pretty good year in LA. Wouldn't ya type?

The Nazeees won't let me "banter"
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

We need psychopath here for the upcoming season!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:27 pm

We need psychopath here for the upcoming season!!
Amazing how many people came to my defense and not 1 person came to the Instigator's defense.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Unvaccinated Sperm is the new Bitcoin.
Hoboloco

Post by Hoboloco »

psychopath wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:37 pm Unvaccinated Sperm is the new Bitcoin.
Wut?
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

So now there's talk Flurey might be traded. I wonder if Billy puts out these rumors in order to gain interest by other clubs?

He's now got too much cap space tied up into the Goalie position. Sucks that the Pens gave Tarry a 5 year deal. Could send Flurey to Pitts for a pick and a prospect.
92% of people in 2022 who died from Covid (Supposed Covid) Were vaccinated at least 3 times. Ya'll were lied to., They knew and they covered it up. And are still covering it up.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:20 pm So now there's talk Flurey might be traded. I wonder if Billy puts out these rumors in order to gain interest by other clubs?

He's now got too much cap space tied up into the Goalie position. Sucks that the Pens gave Tarry a 5 year deal. Could send Flurey to Pitts for a pick and a prospect.
I'd be ok if MAF's tenure here was over. Nice enough guy and a future HOFer....just simply past his prime during his time here. Not sure how much value he has and overall I feel good about our goalie situation for years to come! Wonder if Addy is gonna get signed?
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 pm
psychopath wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:20 pm So now there's talk Flurey might be traded. I wonder if Billy puts out these rumors in order to gain interest by other clubs?

I'd be ok if MAF's tenure here was over. Nice enough guy and a future HOFer....just simply past his prime during his time here. Not sure how much value he has and overall I feel good about our goalie situation for years to come! Wonder if Addy is gonna get signed?
Bill kind of out played his hand. He felt he could get Gus at Freddy money. Gus and his agent said no way. I guarantee Bill caved more than the Gus side. His ARV 4.25 million. It should be $5 million. But its a discount. He has value and I hope to increase that value, then trade him.

I think he should sign a UFA scorer. I bet he could get Tarta at $1.5 million. I'd trade Addison. Gotta make a move of bad roster guys.

Tarasanko went to Ottawa 1 year $5 million. Sharks offered $5.5 Million for 4 years. I bet he gets traded at the deadline next year. Love to see him in the playoffs with KK and Zucci.
Last edited by Atrain99 on Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92% of people in 2022 who died from Covid (Supposed Covid) Were vaccinated at least 3 times. Ya'll were lied to., They knew and they covered it up. And are still covering it up.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:20 pm

Bill kind of out played his hand. He felt he could get Gus at Freddy money. Gus and his agent said no way. I guarantee Bill caved more than the Gus side. His ARV 4.25 million. I should be $5 million. But its a discount. He has value and I hope to increase that value, then trade him.

I think he should sign a UFA scorer. I bet he could get Tarta at $1.5 million. I'd trade Addison. Gotta make a move of bad roster guys.

Tarasanko went to Ottawa 1 year $5 million. Sharks offered $5.5 Million for 4 years. I bet he gets traded at the deadline next year. Love to see him in the playoffs with KK and Zucci.
Gotta admit I'm worried about what kind of production we'll get from Zuccs going forward. If the right deal could be made by BG I'd move him as his value will only go down at this point imo.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 pm

Bill kind of out played his hand. He felt he could get Gus at Freddy money. Gus and his agent said no way. I guarantee Bill caved more than the Gus side. His ARV 4.25 million. I should be $5 million. But its a discount. He has value and I hope to increase that value, then trade him.

Gotta admit I'm worried about what kind of production we'll get from Zuccs going forward. If the right deal could be made by BG I'd move him as his value will only go down at this point imo.
No way. Zucci will sign for less. Prob 2 years $3 million per. He'll get more otherwise. You can't break him and Kapizov up now. Not with the limited roster. I'm regretting the day we might see Kaprizov in a Ranger uniform.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:28 pm

No way. Zucci will sign for less. Prob 2 years $3 million per. He'll get more otherwise. You can't break him and Kapizov up now. Not with the limited roster. I'm regretting the day we might see Kaprizov in a Ranger uniform.
BG will have limited time to make the necessary moves to keep KK happy. He'll only have one year left on his contract when the Zach and Ryan contracts disappear and that season better be the start of something damn special!
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:31 pm

BG will have limited time to make the necessary moves to keep KK happy. He'll only have one year left on his contract when the Zach and Ryan contracts disappear and that season better be the start of something damn special!
They still have a problem for this season with Hartman being on the first line. He's a 3rd line center. Now, they have Maroon on the 4th line. Resign Deuhemie and tell him, "You have a 37 year old left winger" I do believe 2024 will see 2 or 3 of those young guys. And I think KK will like what he sees. They have drafted well up until this year. Otto would've been a nice get.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:56 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:31 pm

They still have a problem for this season with Hartman being on the first line. He's a 3rd line center. Now, they have Maroon on the 4th line. Resign Deuhemie and tell him, "You have a 37 year old left winger" I do believe 2024 will see 2 or 3 of those young guys. And I think KK will like what he sees. They have drafted well up until this year. Otto would've been a nice get.
August 1st and I'm getting psyched for a new season!! :beer:
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

I wonder if Billy is going to sign anyone else? Tatar would be a good get if he can manage it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:16 pm I wonder if Billy is going to sign anyone else? Tatar would be a good get if he can manage it.
Don't think they have the funds to do much more...thought I saw they only have a little more than a million left at this point and still have to make a decision on Addy.
DMB

Post by DMB »

psychopath wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:16 pm I wonder if Billy is going to sign anyone else? Tatar would be a good get if he can manage it.
Calen Addison :)
Semper Fi
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

DMB wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:38 am
Yeah, I figure thats the last and only move. Sucks to have so much cap space into 2 goalies with a stud 1 year away.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:42 pm
Yeah, I figure thats the last and only move. Sucks to have so much cap space into 2 goalies with a stud 1 year away.
We gotta be patient. Just 2 more years of treadin water and we'll be players again in the FA market plus our young prospects will be up in St. Paul. I'm just going to try and stay positive and look for subtle good things!
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:47 pm

We gotta be patient. Just 2 more years of treadin water and we'll be players again in the FA market plus our young prospects will be up in St. Paul. I'm just going to try and stay positive and look for subtle good things!
I agree, but I think more could've been done for this year. I really think Billy missed out on making this years squad better.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:50 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:47 pm

I agree, but I think more could've been done for this year. I really think Billy missed out on making this years squad better.
It's hard to look at the projected lineup and feel they can be better. It's going to be basically the same team on defense except Brock and not Dumba. Offensively they HAVE to hope Boldy can take things to another level. Can't expect KK to be any better that he's been and other than Zuccs there aren't any players that will make opposing goalies lose sleep. MAYBE Rossi makes the squad and produces, but I am not holding my breath on that one.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Erik Karlsson traded to the Pens in a 3 way deal.

The San Jose Sharks granted longtime defenseman Erik Karlsson's trade request Sunday, sending him to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a three-team deal that also involves the Montreal Canadiens for a haul that includes veteran forward Mikael Granlund and a 2024 first-round pick.

Along with Granlund and the pick, which is top-10 protected, the Sharks acquired winger Mike Hoffman and defenseman Jan Rutta.

The Penguins also received forwards Rem Pitlick and Dillon Hamaliuk and a 2026 third-round pick, while the Canadiens are getting defenseman Jeff Petry, goaltender Casey DeSmith, forward Nathan Legare and a 2025 second-round selection.

he 33-year-old Karlsson posted a career-high 101 points (25 goals, 76 assists) last season, the first defenseman to record 100 or more points since Brian Leetch in 1991-92. Karlsson is signed for four more seasons at an average annual value of $11.5 million.

The Sharks are retaining $1.5 million of his salary per year as part of the trade.

"While it is always difficult to trade a player of the caliber of Erik Karlsson, this trade accomplishes several goals for our franchise," Sharks GM Mike Grier said. "It adds two forwards to our roster who have proven ability to produce offensively at the NHL level and solidifies our NHL defense corps. Additionally, acquiring another first-round pick gives us the opportunity to continue fortifying our development system with high-end prospects and provides us some financial flexibility to add players as we see fit in the future."

Boy, the Sharks were rumored to eating 40% of EK's salary. But only 1.5 million? Pittsburgh is going to be in salary cap hell in the next few years. Aging veterans and no high draft picks. They'll be fun to watch this year, But I doubt they'll be any good in 25' and 26'
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slim market for Matt....

"The Arizona Coyotes needed some veteran leadership on the blueline, and they got just that by signing Matt Dumba to a one-year deal worth $3.9 million. Coyotes’ insider Craig Morgan confirmed that Dumba is headed to the desert.

It had been rumored for about a month that the Coyotes were seeking the services of defenseman Matt Dumba. He officially signed a contract today and will join Arizona’s young blueline. Dumba just turned 29 but has been in the NHL for 10 seasons, all with the Minnesota Wild. His career statistics show 598 games, 79 goals, and 157 assists to his credit. Last season he only tallied four goals and 10 assists in 79 games. For the young Coyotes’ defense, he will be the veteran, the mentor for the younger players.

Standing 6-foot-0, 181 pounds, he is not the biggest defender. But still, he has handed out 816 hits and has had 699 blocks in his career. He averaged over 21 minutes of ice time last season, and being a right-shooting defenseman is always a plus on any team. He is an above-average puck possession player with a 50.4 Corsi For and a 1.8 Relative Corsi For. Dumba will bring stability and experience to a Coyotes blueline needing both attributes. The average age of the Yotes’ defense is 24.7 years old."
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Dumba reunited with Zucker
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Honest question, this team looks real thin to me. What are your expectations?

I see us being sellers at the deadline.

Love the FO guys in place, but the roster seems to be lacking. Obvious pains of Suter and Parise. If they do become sellers, I would hate for the fault to land on Guerin. I'd like to see him rebuild the roster to his liking.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sadly I think they'll do their usual - be just good enough to make the playoffs and then get walked in the first round.

They do have some guys coming up that are the real deal and I don't think the roster will be drastically different from last season. Would could put a dent in that is poor play in net, key injuries (you are correct they lack depth) and if the rest of the conference got better enough to push them out of the Top 8. If they get off to a slow start however I could see shit going sideways in the locker-room and your thoughts on becoming sellers comes to fruition.
DMB

Post by DMB »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:28 am Honest question, this team looks real thin to me. What are your expectations?

I see us being sellers at the deadline.

Love the FO guys in place, but the roster seems to be lacking. Obvious pains of Suter and Parise. If they do become sellers, I would hate for the fault to land on Guerin. I'd like to see him rebuild the roster to his liking.
I think they're setting up to be competitive starting in ~2 years and have a window of about 5+ years and beyond. This is where all the Guerin draft picks will either shine or not. Have to keep Kap of course.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Former North Star Brad Maxwell in dire condition with lung cancer. Chemo and radiation have not worked so they are trying some new kind of treatment.....good luck to Maxie!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

OK...might be our last best chance to make something of this. Not confident but still hopeful!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

SO many 3rd and longs tonight....not a recipe for success.