Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Minnesota Wild pre-season Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
bubu dubu.

Re: ***Official 2023 NHL Draft Thread***

Post by bubu dubu. »

Why did this Heidt guy last til the end of the 2nd round?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:01 pm I'm at the point where any Minnesota kid drafted by a Minnesota team is an instant bad pick for me.
Wild get former Hornet Jimmy Clark in round 7!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

DMB wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:48 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:40 pm I do not like the Stramel pick at all in the 1st round. Watched him play plenty last year and was not overly impressed. Yes Wisconsin was bad but freaking Lucious put up 34 points.
Hope you're wrong-he's got size-something the Wild lack everywhere. I feel like they can afford to take a swing on the kid. This will make NCAA hockey that much more interesting for me I'll admit.
I hope I'm wrong too for the same reasons. :beer:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

2023 NHL Draft: Final grades for all 32 teams (this guy was a tough grader, so this wasn't too bad of a grade from him.)

Minnesota Wild: B-
Charlie Stramel is a physically powerful player. He hasn’t produced offensively in the NCAA, but at worst can carry a third line. That’s not necessarily how you hope to spend the 21st overall pick, but he’s a solid prospect with upside.

Riley Heidt provided excellent value with the final pick of Round 2, and Rasmus Kumpulainen needs polishing, but has potential.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2023-nhl-d ... 34844.html
DMB

Post by DMB »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:24 pm 2023 NHL Draft: Final grades for all 32 teams (this guy was a tough grader, so this wasn't too bad of a grade from him.)

Minnesota Wild: B-
Charlie Stramel is a physically powerful player. He hasn’t produced offensively in the NCAA, but at worst can carry a third line. That’s not necessarily how you hope to spend the 21st overall pick, but he’s a solid prospect with upside.

Riley Heidt provided excellent value with the final pick of Round 2, and Rasmus Kumpulainen needs polishing, but has potential.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2023-nhl-d ... 34844.html
B- is on the high side from what I've been seeing.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Re: ***Official 2023 NHL Draft & Off Season Thread***

Post by Hornets »

Ryan Reaves has signed a 3 year deal with the Maple Leafs for just over 4 million. Will kind of miss him but to be honest we'll be better off with a forward who can skate better and contribute offensively, special teams, etc....

Foligno is probably thinking "damn, I might have to fight him again and get my azz kicked!"
DMB

Post by DMB »

Hornets wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:21 pm Ryan Reaves has signed a 3 year deal with the Maple Leafs for just over 4 million. Will kind of miss him but to be honest we'll be better off with a forward who can skate better and contribute offensively, special teams, etc....

Foligno is probably thinking "damn, I might have to fight him again and get my azz kicked!"
I'm glad he's not back. Foligno is the perfect tough guy in today's NHL IMO.
Semper Fi
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Fucking Guerin. You fucking idiot. Seriously. Obsessing over signing Gustavson when you have Jasper 1 year away. You obsess over Flurey and are now totally fucking up the entire cap situation. I bet this moron resigns Dumba.

Nyquist signed a deal with Nashville for 2 years 6.37. A team that is reloading and most say rebuilding.

Blake Wheeler had 70 points last year and signed an 800K contract. ETF?

The deals going on are so fucking cheap. I guarantee you this bonehead is talking to Gus and his agent. Trying to low ball him.

What player is going to help this team get over the hump? You literally watch Nyquist be the best player on the ice and you let him walk. Because you are so obsessed over Gus. It's not the goalies. It's the defense. Trade fucking Spurgeon. Trade Folino. You have $8.2 million in cap space. You can sign 2 or 3 good players. He's a fucking moron. And he's the reason this team is in this situation.
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

DMB wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:28 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:21 pm Ryan Reaves has signed a 3 year deal with the Maple Leafs for just over 4 million. Will kind of miss him but to be honest we'll be better off with a forward who can skate better and contribute offensively, special teams, etc....

I agree. Reaves really didn’t do much as far as enforcer goes. Suter abused Kaprizov all series with no push back. Glad he’s gone
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Tundra Scout wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:44 am
DMB wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:28 pm

I agree. Reaves really didn’t do much as far as enforcer goes. Suter abused Kaprizov all series with no push back. Glad he’s gone
37 years old and gets a 3 year deal. Leafs are desperate.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Tarashanko and O'Reilley are still out there. Bill needs to make a move. Obviously both want more money than they are worth. I'd love to see Vlady and Kirill together. Even if it's only for a year or 2.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Pat Maroon? Really??? My Fucking God Bill. I can't fucking believe the ego of Guerin. It's obvious about his obsession with Gustavson. He's missed out on very good Free agents at cheap prices.

Bill's ego is hurting this team. Look at Nashville. They are loaded literally overnight. Bill adds 4 scrubs. Great message it sends to Kaprizov.
Hornets

Re: ***Official 2023 NHL Draft & Wild Off Season Thread***

Post by Hornets »

Didn't take Billy long to find a Reaves replacement.....welcome to Minnesota Patrick Maroon

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Maroon sucks Gus
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Guerin sucks too. He is a fucking idiot. The Gustavfson obsession is killing this off season.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:46 pm Guerin sucks too. He is a fucking idiot. The Gustavfson obsession is killing this off season.
The Psycho??!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:10 am
psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:46 pm Guerin sucks too. He is a fucking idiot. The Gustavfson obsession is killing this off season.
The Psycho??!!
Ya think?
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hypothetically. Let's say a smart GM understood the value of Gustafsson. How he didn't learn from the Fiala trade is mind boggling.

Could've thrown in Gologoski freeing up 2 million. That would leave $10.2 million. Plus assets including a #1 pick, and at least 2 prospects/players.

Nyquist 2 years $6.37
Wheeler 1 year $800K 52 points last year

I'm just dumbfounded on Maroon. You're going to play him how many games? 50? 60? And eat up a roster spot?

Another question I have. Parise is 38 years old. If he retires do the Wild get a break on the buyout money? I read something where it only counts as $4 million against the cap. Obviously same with Suter. Anyone know?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:38 am Hypothetically. Let's say a smart GM understood the value of Gustafsson. How he didn't learn from the Fiala trade is mind boggling.

Could've thrown in Gologoski freeing up 2 million. That would leave $10.2 million. Plus assets including a #1 pick, and at least 2 prospects/players.

Nyquist 2 years $6.37
Wheeler 1 year $800K 52 points last year

I'm just dumbfounded on Maroon. You're going to play him how many games? 50? 60? And eat up a roster spot?

Another question I have. Parise is 38 years old. If he retires do the Wild get a break on the buyout money? I read something where it only counts as $4 million against the cap. Obviously same with Suter. Anyone know?
Maroon is only getting 800,000 so I wouldn't worry about that. I believe Zach's contract for us stays the same whether he retires or not.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

So now Gus and Duhiame file for salary arbitration. Atta boy Billy. You really handcuffed this whole off season.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

psychopath wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:53 am So now Gus and Duhiame file for salary arbitration. Atta boy Billy. You really handcuffed this whole off season.
They should contract the franchise!!!
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Time to do something Bill.

Options:

Overpay for Gustavson. 6 Million.
Trade Gus. #1, 2 players/prospects.
Trade for Troy terry. Why keep hoarding #1's? the farm is loaded. The future isn't next year's #1 pick. Trade it. Trade Gus. Use your assess.

The kid from Sweden is really good. and mature. Last years #1 round pick. He'll be here next year. Maybe in the playoffs.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:40 pm Time to do something Bill.

Options:

Trade for Troy terry. Why keep hoarding #1's? the farm is loaded. The future isn't next year's #1 pick. Trade it. Trade Gus. Use your assess.

The kid from Sweden is really good. and mature. Last years #1 round pick. He'll be here next year. Maybe in the playoffs.
The Psycho I think BG will figure something out that will work for Gus and work for the team....trust him!!
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:40 pm
psychopath wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:40 pm Time to do something Bill.

Options:

The Psycho I think BG will figure something out that will work for Gus and work for the team....trust him!!
The kinks are showing in this GM. We all wanted Fiala over Dumba. Look how that turned out. (Instead of making the same exact trade, he low balls Gus. His agent knows what he is worth. Bill admitted he is a #1 goalie and #1 goalies make between $6-$12 million. `With Jasper 1 year away, Flurey and Jones can handle it. Or sign a cheap veteran for $1 million like Jones. He could trade with the Ducks and get Gibson as a back up.

But just tying up any chance of improving the team, is stupid. Pat Maroon fucking sucks.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Not Gibson. Jonathon Quick is who I was thinking of. And Jones is a UFA. Fix the defense and get a top line center. It's not this difficult. Egotistical General Manager doing it "His" way.
DMB

Post by DMB »

psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:28 am
The kinks are showing in this GM. We all wanted Fiala over Dumba. Look how that turned out. (Instead of making the same exact trade, he low balls Gus. His agent knows what he is worth. Bill admitted he is a #1 goalie and #1 goalies make between $6-$12 million. `With Jasper 1 year away, Flurey and Jones can handle it. Or sign a cheap veteran for $1 million like Jones. He could trade with the Ducks and get Gibson as a back up.

But just tying up any chance of improving the team, is stupid. Pat Maroon fucking sucks.

Your posts are dumb and aren't reality based. HTH.
Semper Fi
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

DMB wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:28 am
psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:28 am

Your posts are dumb and aren't reality based. HTH.
Says the guy who thinks Gus will sign for $3.5 million. If that was the case, it would be already done.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:55 am Not Gibson. Jonathon Quick is who I was thinking of. And Jones is a UFA. Fix the defense and get a top line center. It's not this difficult. Egotistical General Manager doing it "His" way.
Remember it's only July The Psycho. I get it that you don't like BG but I am going to hold my breath and hope that his "master" plan eventually pans out. It all comes down to what happens the first couple of years after the Parise & Suter contracts are ovah. At that point the hope is that a few of these "top" prospects come through, Kirill will keep being Kirill, and Guerin will have salary cap flexibility to make a big trade or two. I know it's hard to be patient but those are the years that will matter to me. If the Wild end up being mediocre at that point I will be pissed for sure!
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:19 pm
psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:55 am Not Gibson. Jonathon Quick is who I was thinking of. And Jones is a UFA. Fix the defense and get a top line center. It's not this difficult. Egotistical General Manager doing it "His" way.
Remember it's only July The Psycho. I get it that you don't like BG but I am going to hold my breath and hope that his "master" plan eventually pans out. It all comes down to what happens the first couple of years after the Parise & Suter contracts are ovah. At that point the hope is that a few of these "top" prospects come through, Kirill will keep being Kirill, and Guerin will have salary cap flexibility to make a big trade or two. I know it's hard to be patient but those are the years that will matter to me. If the Wild end up being mediocre at that point I will be pissed for sure!
There's so many thing wrong with this way of thinking. First, I'm tired of the Parsise/Suter excuse. Billy Boy created this. He should've understood the ramifications. He should've had a better plan IMO. We all wanted Fiala over Dumba. But the GM did it "His" way. It was a mistake. He did get 2 players for the future. What I am saying is, don't just put all your cap space into an RFA. That is what he is doing.

Kaprizov asked for a better center LAST off season. What kind of message is Bill sending to him? Bill has the assets to make a statement move. Troy Terry is getting traded. Zegras could be available as well. Bill hasn't made 1 good move. To pimp Pat Maroon on Wild.com and FB shows utter stupidity. The guy is old and had 14 points. That's your best move?? It shows desperation.

I agree on patience, but his draft was graded as below average. He's done nothing in FA with assets and some cap space. Nashville crushed Free Agency and the draft. The Kings are better. The Avs are better. Vegas. The Blackhawks are loaded after 1 off season. Kaprizov cannot carry this team. Gustavson cannot carry this team. It's a fucking joke. Wait 2 more years when Kaprizov wants out and we are trying to gauge his trade value and how many 1st rounders we're getting back. All over a fucking goalie.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

psychopath wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:48 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:19 pm
There's so many thing wrong with this way of thinking. First, I'm tired of the Parsise/Suter excuse. Billy Boy created this. He should've understood the ramifications. He should've had a better plan IMO. We all wanted Fiala over Dumba. But the GM did it "His" way. It was a mistake. He did get 2 players for the future. What I am saying is, don't just put all your cap space into an RFA. That is what he is doing.

Kaprizov asked for a better center LAST off season. What kind of message is Bill sending to him? Bill has the assets to make a statement move. Troy Terry is getting traded. Zegras could be available as well. Bill hasn't made 1 good move. To pimp Pat Maroon on Wild.com and FB shows utter stupidity. The guy is old and had 14 points. That's your best move?? It shows desperation.

I agree on patience, but his draft was graded as below average. He's done nothing in FA with assets and some cap space. Nashville crushed Free Agency and the draft. The Kings are better. The Avs are better. Vegas. The Blackhawks are loaded after 1 off season. Kaprizov cannot carry this team. Gustavson cannot carry this team. It's a fucking joke. Wait 2 more years when Kaprizov wants out and we are trying to gauge his trade value and how many 1st rounders we're getting back. All over a fucking goalie.
I am definitely worried about Kirill's happiness. When the Parise/Suter contracts are over the Wild will only have Kirill under contract for one more year at that point. If moves are not made and prospects don't blossom immediately I fear KK will say buh bye to the Wild. BG made the final decision to move on from Zach and Ryan and I wonder if he got any pushback from other's in the Wild organization and I wonder if Leipold was fully on board. The move certainly was made with the thought that in the short term it would hand cuff the squad but long term would take things to a level never reached before with Z & R. It's a move that demands incredible patience from everyone involved and if it doesn't work then I will join you and lambast BG.

On a side note, I like Maroon. There really was no need to go get him but I like the guy because he's one of the very few players in the NHL who has held his own when fighting Reaves...no small task. But it is kind of a waste of a roster spot when you know you are not going to contend for a couple more years. I'd rather see a Mason Shaw type on that 4th line than an aging veteran who is past his peak.

Fun talkin hockey with ya The Psycho! :beer: