Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

post all-star break thoughts (if you see them, have them)

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Hornets

Re: halfway point of the season after tonight

Post by Hornets »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:46 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:32 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:27 pm i'll put this here.

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
#MNTwins upcoming schedule: vs. Balt, ASG break, at Oak, at Sea, vs. WSox, vs. Sea, at KC, at STL, at Det.
I see something like a 17-8 record through that stretch Weimy!!
You dyslexic?

You meant to type 8-17, correct?
LOL...those pesky Orioles messed up my wishful thinking!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tundra Scout

Re: all-star break thoughts (if you see them, have them)

Post by Tundra Scout »

Burn it down and start over
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

All Star game tonight. Pregame show includes Jeter, Alex, and Big Poppy...that is a boatload of star power!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Watching the starting lineup announcements...it's all about entertainment these days, isn't it?!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Arraez hittin 6th....is that lineup stacked OR WHAT??!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

2 incredible outfield catches by the AL in the first inning!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

FIVE Rangers in the starting lineup....Rangers must be good. I haven't been following the standings.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

They have Edvaldi mic'd up while he's actually pitching....pretty cool
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

And of course Arraez rips a single in his first AB

"we didn't need him"
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Now they had Corbin Carroll mic'd up WHILE HE WAS BATTING against already mic'd up Edvald!!
Last edited by Hornets on Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Two pitched to Arraez, two hits...
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Luiz Arraez, didn't need him.
Let's get Tropical
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:20 pm Luiz Arraez, didn't need him.
:( :(
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Pablo bowin down!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Good showing from the Twins. I hope the lineup wakes up or Rocco gets fired. Then you'll see a turnaround. This is a good team underachieving.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

let's go back to 1978.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

sir rodney's second AB. great to see the ABs of the guy batting after him too.

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:20 am let's go back to 1978.

Rodney and George getting the best of Vida!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:02 pm Watching the starting lineup announcements...it's all about entertainment these days, isn't it?!
I started to wonder if they would play the game.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:49 am
Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:02 pm Watching the starting lineup announcements...it's all about entertainment these days, isn't it?!
It's society in general I guess...folks always need to be ultra entertained or they get bored. Sad really.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:01 pm
It's society in general I guess...folks always need to be ultra entertained or they get bored. Sad really.
I got home from golfing and turned on the TV. It was on fox already so I was kinda paying attention to the pre game. Cool to see them talk about Ripkin and that allstar game. Starting lineups get going and i kinda chuckled at that red carpet. Cool for the kids to be out there im sure. Next time i looked at the tv we got some kid running the bases. My first thought was someone hit a homer and they were letting the kids run the bases.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:50 pm

I got home from golfing and turned on the TV. It was on fox already so I was kinda paying attention to the pre game. Cool to see them talk about Ripkin and that allstar game. Starting lineups get going and i kinda chuckled at that red carpet. Cool for the kids to be out there im sure. Next time i looked at the tv we got some kid running the bases. My first thought was someone hit a homer and they were letting the kids run the bases.
Speaking of golf, I shot one of the best 9 hole scores of my life yesterday. Now mind you I am normally a 100+ golfer for 18 holes but yesterday my dad and I tee'd it up for a wonderful afternoon of father/son time and from the get-go I knew it was going to be a good round. Birdied the first hole (probably 1st birdy in a half dozen years or more) and ended up with a 41. Double bogeyed a par 3 on the 8th hole that ruined any shot of getting into the 30's. Of course we all know what will happen on my next round... :cry:
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:02 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:50 pm

Speaking of golf, I shot one of the best 9 hole scores of my life yesterday. Now mind you I am normally a 100+ golfer for 18 holes but yesterday my dad and I tee'd it up for a wonderful afternoon of father/son time and from the get-go I knew it was going to be a good round. Birdied the first hole (probably 1st birdy in a half dozen years or more) and ended up with a 41. Double bogeyed a par 3 on the 8th hole that ruined any shot of getting into the 30's. Of course we all know what will happen on my next round... :cry:
Opened up at Tianna in Walker with 4 pars and still shot bogey golf. Dont think i have been below 90 for the 10 rounds I have played this year. Just not playing enough to get consistent with my new irons.
I did flirt with a hole in one yesterday. Rolled it past the cup about a inch to the right of the stick. I thought it was going to go in. Perfect 7 iron. 164 to the pin, a bit down hill. 2 putt for par from 15 ft behind the cup.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The second half of the Twins season feels like the last shot for Rocco Baldelli and Derek Falvey

Target Field was filled with tension last weekend.

Twins executive chair Joe Pohlad expressed disappointment in the team's performance, and used the word "urgency." The team, coming off a series sweep of Kansas City, was swept by Baltimore and embarrassed in the last two games before the All-Star break, losing by a combined 21-4.

Jeers rained down on the players on Sunday afternoon, as the Twins fell below .500 despite having one of the lowest team ERAs in baseball.

Private conversations with a number of members of the organization revealed a deep frustration over the direction of this season, given the large cash outlay for stars Carlos Correa, Byron Buxton and Pablo López, with Correa and Buxton spurring the greatest angst because of their poor at-bats and production.

The Twins begin the post-All-Star portion of the season on Friday night in Oakland with every opportunity to win the American League Central. If they don't, it is increasingly difficult to imagine a winter without change in the baseball operation.

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-t ... 600289553/
Spoiler:
The only solution to this team's problems is the most obvious: Correa, Buxton and Polanco need to lead the Twins to a division title, or be prepared for a winter of change.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:40 pm The second half of the Twins season feels like the last shot for Rocco Baldelli and Derek Falvey

Twins executive chair Joe Pohlad expressed disappointment in the team's performance, and used the word "urgency." The team, coming off a series sweep of Kansas City, was swept by Baltimore and embarrassed in the last two games before the All-Star break, losing by a combined 21-4.

Jeers rained down on the players on Sunday afternoon, as the Twins fell below .500 despite having one of the lowest team ERAs in baseball.

Private conversations with a number of members of the organization revealed a deep frustration over the direction of this season, given the large cash outlay for stars Carlos Correa, Byron Buxton and Pablo López, with Correa and Buxton spurring the greatest angst because of their poor at-bats and production.

The Twins begin the post-All-Star portion of the season on Friday night in Oakland with every opportunity to win the American League Central. If they don't, it is increasingly difficult to imagine a winter without change in the baseball operation.

Spoiler:
The only solution to this team's problems is the most obvious: Correa, Buxton and Polanco need to lead the Twins to a division title, or be prepared for a winter of change.
I don't have a good feeling about the remainder of the season Weimy. The bats are not going to magically improve and the pitching is likely to tail off a bit. Cleveland might just run away with this again.....don't you agree?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:53 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:40 pm The second half of the Twins season feels like the last shot for Rocco Baldelli and Derek Falvey

Spoiler:
I don't have a good feeling about the remainder of the season Weimy. The bats are not going to magically improve and the pitching is likely to tail off a bit. Cleveland might just run away with this again.....don't you agree?
i don't think the starting pitching is going to be as good from gray and ryan. that could be countered with better second halves from maeda and lopez. who knows with ober? hitting can't get much worse--but i don't see it getting magically better either. just going to watch and see how it all plays out. hopefully stewart comes back and pitches the way he was before the injury and thielbar can contribute.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:57 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:53 pm

Spoiler:
i don't think the starting pitching is going to be as good from gray and ryan. that could be countered with better second halves from maeda and lopez. who knows with ober? hitting can't get much worse--but i don't see it getting magically better either. just going to watch and see how it all plays out. hopefully stewart comes back and pitches the way he was before the injury and thielbar can contribute.
I'm hoping Jorge can come back and make an impact and that maybe Wallner gets a shot to show what he's got. Would love Buck or Carlos to carry the team but both barely seem to have a pulse right now, and that is tragic.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
Twins will open the second half with Kenta Maeda, Pablo López and Joe Ryan pitching in that order in Oakland.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
More than half of the #MNTwins payroll is going to six hitters with a combined .213 AVG and .698 OPS. Correa, Buxton, Gallo, Vázquez, Polanco, and Kepler were projected for 21 WAR. They're on pace for 6 WAR.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:52 pm Aaron Gleeman
@AaronGleeman
More than half of the #MNTwins payroll is going to six hitters with a combined .213 AVG and .698 OPS. Correa, Buxton, Gallo, Vázquez, Polanco, and Kepler were projected for 21 WAR. They're on pace for 6 WAR.
Absolutely damning stats....horrible.