Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Starfield

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Starfield

Post by jffl_commish »

I built this one the other day. Painted it all black except the cockpit and back engines which are white. Kind of a bald eagle vibe.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

PSA, you can take Starborn ships now. I haven't tried to sell or mod one yet though, although I'm guessing we still can't mod them.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 am PSA, you can take Starborn ships now. I haven't tried to sell or mod one yet though, although I'm guessing we still can't mod them.
πŸ€”
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Update: You can't sell or mod Starborn ships.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:17 pm Update: You can't sell or mod Starborn ships.
Shit...
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The dumbest thing about NG+ is having to relearn all of the star systems and travel routes.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I finally stopped playing about 2 weeks ago. Never got into ship building (I think it's a neat feature, just didn't bother) and never finished the main story (on purpose, I'm not interested in the NG+ mechanic of the game).

It's ok, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. I think I was at about 150 hours.. maybe more. I'll go back and start a new character probably in a few months.

I hate to say it.. but probably my least favorite part of the game was everything that had to do with the starborn. Their outfits, ships and general lore was just incredibly boring to me.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The ship building is kind of tough with different parts all over the map to get, plus the proper levels and skills to use them. Once you're there though, you can make some pretty sweet ships.My eagle one is awesome
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:58 pm The ship building is kind of tough with different parts all over the map to get, plus the proper levels and skills to use them. Once you're there though, you can make some pretty sweet ships.My eagle one is awesome
The game desperately needed a "save work in progress" function. I tried messing with a couple ships.. but would get bored and cancel everything because I had pieces all over and you can only lock it in if everything is perfect.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:03 pm
jffl_commish wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:58 pm The ship building is kind of tough with different parts all over the map to get, plus the proper levels and skills to use them. Once you're there though, you can make some pretty sweet ships.My eagle one is awesome
The game desperately needed a "save work in progress" function. I tried messing with a couple ships.. but would get bored and cancel everything because I had pieces all over and you can only lock it in if everything is perfect.
Agreed...
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm really hoping that mods and dlc's can start to fill up this universe. It just feels so empty. I get that for whatever reason they didn't want to create intelligent alien life or whatever, but I really kinda wish they had at least made some alien races that were more than just wildlife. Things like the goblins in the TES games. Kinda like Ewoks in Star Wars. Only maybe cooler than that. Also... I want to be able to man all 10 of my ships and fly them into a glorious battle somewhere.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: ↑Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:07 pm I'm really hoping that mods and dlc's can start to fill up this universe. It just feels so empty. I get that for whatever reason they didn't want to create intelligent alien life or whatever, but I really kinda wish they had at least made some alien races that were more than just wildlife. Things like the goblins in the TES games. Kinda like Ewoks in Star Wars. Only maybe cooler than that. Also... I want to be able to man all 10 of my ships and fly them into a glorious battle somewhere.
Damn straight. Have an armada to go to war with instead of being 3 on 1 all the time.

Intelligent life would be cool. Some masters of weapons, some ships, some a holes, etc. A dinosaur world would be awesome too
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:49 pm
Abe Froman wrote: ↑Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:07 pm I'm really hoping that mods and dlc's can start to fill up this universe. It just feels so empty. I get that for whatever reason they didn't want to create intelligent alien life or whatever, but I really kinda wish they had at least made some alien races that were more than just wildlife. Things like the goblins in the TES games. Kinda like Ewoks in Star Wars. Only maybe cooler than that. Also... I want to be able to man all 10 of my ships and fly them into a glorious battle somewhere.
Damn straight. Have an armada to go to war with instead of being 3 on 1 all the time.

Intelligent life would be cool. Some masters of weapons, some ships, some a holes, etc. A dinosaur world would be awesome too
I'm really looking forward to adding a blood and guts mod to my game too. I loved being able to hack limbs off on Skyrim and beheading people. Just made the fights better.

I really think this game will be infinitely better in about 5 years with a combination of mods and dlc. Just feels repetitive and empty to me at the moment.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I had something completely different and random happen on an NG+. I flew threw to get to #10 for the best armor/ship combo. Upon entering the lodge instead of being greeted by Sarah as normal
Spoiler:
she was on the ground shot and pissed at me. Turns out another me was there and killed everyone in the Constellation and then fought me!
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:22 pm I had something completely different and random happen on an NG+. I flew threw to get to #10 for the best armor/ship combo. Upon entering the lodge instead of being greeted by Sarah as normal
Spoiler:
she was on the ground shot and pissed at me. Turns out another me was there and killed everyone in the Constellation and then fought me!
I guess there are several crazy variations that happen in each ng+ on there. I think someone said they are different up through like the 11th play through or something like that. Seems like a lot of work.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:12 pm
jffl_commish wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:22 pm I had something completely different and random happen on an NG+. I flew threw to get to #10 for the best armor/ship combo. Upon entering the lodge instead of being greeted by Sarah as normal
Spoiler:
I guess there are several crazy variations that happen in each ng+ on there. I think someone said they are different up through like the 11th play through or something like that. Seems like a lot of work.
There are a bunch, but this is the only weird one I experienced. All of the others were the exact same.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 pm
Spoiler:
There are a bunch, but this is the only weird one I experienced. All of the others were the exact same.
What # play through are you on? I'm gonna have to restart my game and I'm struggling to find the damn motivation to do so... Somewhere along the line my save file got corrupted and now there are glitches in my game that absolutely break the game. It's really fucking annoying... I'm thinking about moving onto balders gate 3 or something different until they add mod support for consoles.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:08 pm
jffl_commish wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:25 pm

What # play through are you on? I'm gonna have to restart my game and I'm struggling to find the damn motivation to do so... Somewhere along the line my save file got corrupted and now there are glitches in my game that absolutely break the game. It's really fucking annoying... I'm thinking about moving onto balders gate 3 or something different until they add mod support for consoles.
I've gotten to NG+ 10 twice now, although this character is now NG+11 because I didn't want to play through with all of Constellation dead. Each run through takes me about half hour, so not bad. The reason to get to NG+10 is that is the peak Starborn armor. So, roughly 21 trips through and only one weird experience.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:54 pm I finally stopped playing about 2 weeks ago. Never got into ship building (I think it's a neat feature, just didn't bother) and never finished the main story (on purpose, I'm not interested in the NG+ mechanic of the game).

It's ok, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game. I think I was at about 150 hours.. maybe more. I'll go back and start a new character probably in a few months.

I hate to say it.. but probably my least favorite part of the game was everything that had to do with the starborn. Their outfits, ships and general lore was just incredibly boring to me.
The ship building part was my favorite thing about it, although the ship builder sucks...

I finally built a ship I really like, it looks like a Klingon Bird of Prey or whatever it's called, and is fast, maneuverable, can haul contraband stuff (some), has good cargo capacity, and can kick the shit out of every other ship I've encountered with absolutely no trouble. So... Now I can't really even get into that... It's stinks...

I havent done much with outpost building. Kinda bored me when I have, and how in the fuck do you find your outposts after You've left the planet and forgotten where you built it at. Have a bunch of shit in a non-functioning outpost somewhere in the fucking universe from when I was just trying to figure it out but didn't know what I was doing... I'd like to find that place again so I can at least build something functional there....

Doesn't matter... I'm gonna probably just wait and start over when they add mod support. My game is all glitched out with corrupted save data... Shit just disappears in my game and it's constantly freezing and glitching. I still can't find the ship builder dude in New Atlantis. He, and several other assets either disappears or got scattered across the new Atlantis region map. When the xenocreature things invaded New Atlantis I actually had to travel to the far corner of the map, and shoot them with a sniper rifle way the fuck up in the sky at which point the fell to the ground and died. There's doors and areas of the floor that are just gone. I found one lady I needed to talk to for a side quest hovering over a cliff side in the way down to the pond the waterfall flows into. I've found shit that's fucked up like this at cydonias and at hopetown too.... Also, the damn door to the gangs headquarters on neon keeps locking behind me and I can't fuck'n get in without punching someone and running around until the gang comes down to see what's going on. Then I have to fly somewhere else to clear my bounty, and then when I come back... Locked again. Fucking stupid!
I made this!