Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Starfield

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Starfield

Post by jffl_commish »

I didn't do the kids trait thing, seems like that was a mistake and I'm missing out.

Mod up the Razor Leaf, and paint it. Granted, I'm using the Star Eagle now until I have a high enough pilot skill to use my Narwhal.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I'm officially about just under 40 hours. Have finished the UC Vanguard, Rangers and Crimson Fleet quest line. Crimson Fleet was by far my least favorite (I'm going for a UC/Veteran/Soldier/Good play through) but it was still fun.

I really haven't played much of this main quest, pretty much just enough to go back and retrieve Barrett/rescue Andreja. Huge game, just so many things to do. Haven't even started to touch on ship building or outpost building. Absolutely loving it.

Edit: Haven't finished the UC questline. Still working that one.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I finally got my piloting skill up enough so I can fly the Narwhal. What a pain that was. It's way too hard to find ships to attack, and that is the prerequisite to leveling up the pilot skill.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:45 pm I finally got my piloting skill up enough so I can fly the Narwhal. What a pain that was. It's way too hard to find ships to attack, and that is the prerequisite to leveling up the pilot skill.
Apparently you can also level up by going back to the Vanguard simulator in MAST. Haven't tested this yet though.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:54 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:45 pm I finally got my piloting skill up enough so I can fly the Narwhal. What a pain that was. It's way too hard to find ships to attack, and that is the prerequisite to leveling up the pilot skill.
Apparently you can also level up by going back to the Vanguard simulator in MAST. Haven't tested this yet though.
Now that is a great call. Save up a few skill points then go spend some time there. That would be WAY easier, and faster.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:55 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:54 pm
Now that is a great call. Save up a few skill points then go spend some time there. That would be WAY easier, and faster.
:thinking:
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I've been spending too much time being productive while the weather is still good... I probably should blow off the rest of the week and play some more Starfield...
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm I've been spending too much time being productive while the weather is still good... I probably should blow off the rest of the week and play some more Starfield...
Im still waiting for the XBox 4 to arrive. How long should I keep waiting?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Just had my first run in with "the hunter". He was hanging out in the corner of a bar and I walked up to him..

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:06 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm I've been spending too much time being productive while the weather is still good... I probably should blow off the rest of the week and play some more Starfield...
Im still waiting for the XBox 4 to arrive. How long should I keep waiting?
A very long time. I recommend you load up Fallout 4 and go search for Fort Condor with all of your free time.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:51 pm Just had my first run in with "the hunter". He was hanging out in the corner of a bar and I walked up to him..
I talked to him once. Seems like a well adjusted fella.
I made this!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I dropped this. It's not doing it for me. I'd rather be playing Sea Of Stars.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:44 pm I dropped this. It's not doing it for me. I'd rather be playing Sea Of Stars.
The setting or just the game itself? Space is a hard nut to crack. Fantasy and adventure itches a different scratch.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:47 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:44 pm I dropped this. It's not doing it for me. I'd rather be playing Sea Of Stars.
The setting or just the game itself? Space is a hard nut to crack. Fantasy and adventure itches a different scratch.
The game. It doesn't feel like a coherent game. It feels like a bunch of systems loosely layered on top of each other. Some of the systems are very good, others are straight up terrible or irrelevant. It's not a bad game, but it feels bloated and unfocused to me.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

You're weird.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:56 pm
The game. It doesn't feel like a coherent game. It feels like a bunch of systems loosely layered on top of each other. Some of the systems are very good, others are straight up terrible or irrelevant. It's not a bad game, but it feels bloated and unfocused to me.
Did you at least play long enough to find Fort Condor?
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Every single time an NPC refers to me as Captain I get an immediate half chub.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:08 am

I found Fort Condor. It was another randomly generated structure with the same layout as about 70% of the previous randomly generated hideouts.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I think the writing quality in Bethesda Softworks games has really gone down since the Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 hay day.

That and the fact that exploration is not rewarded are my big problems with Starfield. You land on a planet and they generate a bunch of crap that doesn't matter. It has no stakes or interesting story bits to go along with it. Also it takes 5 damn minutes to get there.

The combat is way better. Building your own ship is cool. Not being able to actually fly around a system is kind of lame. There's nothing but fast traveling. You don't actually go explore the landscape like you could in previous games.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

YBBR wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:32 pm
I found Fort Condor. It was another randomly generated structure with the same layout as about 70% of the previous randomly generated hideouts.
😂
I made this!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:36 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:32 pm

😂
I sound like an asshole. LOL. I'm glad people are liking it though. I don't think it's bad either. I think it's pretty good, but I have some problems with how it's designed.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Fort Condor? Was Red XIII there?
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:23 pm
No. Red XI

This was before that.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:26 pm

No. Red XI

This was before that.
Speaking of which..can you change my username to "Sephiroth_Hawk"? I want to revisit my childhood and have my username be an homage to early-forum movement of the late 90's/early 00's.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Spoiler:
The Starborn ship is worthless.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:42 pm
Spoiler:
I just bought the Shieldbreaker. Looks like the best Class B ship you can get.. Probably going to roll with this for now.

Spoiler:
I only just received my 1st "space power". I've unfortunately read way more about end game/NG+ content than I should have and I really don't like the sound of any of it. I've also heard the Starborn gear/ship is underwhelming, so that sucks. I may just stop short of stepping through on first game.. or start a new character. Not trying to "prestige" my Starfield character..

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:43 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:26 pm

No. Red XI

This was before that.
Speaking of which..can you change my username to "Sephiroth_Hawk"? I want to revisit my childhood and have my username be an homage to early-forum movement of the late 90's/early 00's.
Vetoed.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Spoiler:
I just bought the Shieldbreaker. Looks like the best Class B ship you can get.. Probably going to roll with this for now.

Spoiler:
I only just received my 1st "space power". I've unfortunately read way more about end game/NG+ content than I should have and I really don't like the sound of any of it. I've also heard the Starborn gear/ship is underwhelming, so that sucks. I may just stop short of stepping through on first game.. or start a new character. Not trying to "prestige" my Starfield character..
From what I've read, the shop building really gets fun after your uve unlocked things enough and when you've build a good enough outpost to build from scratch. Idk if that's all together true. I just keep rebuilding ships I am gifted or steal.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I've seen a lot of that too. NG+10 is the spot to stop at. Best ship/armor combo anyways. I'll play it all over again when I get there. You can't do anything to the ships, and they don't have anything in them. No bed, work benches, etc.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Does this game scale by level like the Elder Scrolls?