Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Starfield

Video game themed message board
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Starfield

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:39 pm Im currently discouraged.

Early on I accidentally 'stole' a clipboard off a vendor's desk so I went to jail and now have to do the Crimson Fleet thing. Cool. I went to the place and did the thing and now I'm in. However, I want to do other stuff too, so I go to do bounties and they've been CF so then I have to eventually pay the CF bounties which are bigger than the reward for the bounty from the bounty hunters.

So then I go to do some other stuff. One of these things I have to leave the planet and do something in orbit but there are bad guys who jack me up after 30 tries. So now I have to go back to an earlier save and not go to that place and do something else.

I just want to get into some stuff instead of fast traveling everywhere for everything all the time and have it have negative consequences for something else.

For you vet players, is this game like Skyrim where you can do everything and be in every faction with the same player? I really disliked that about Skyrim because it made me not care about replaying with a different character, versus a game like Baldurs Gate that you could only do certain side quests if you chose that class at character creation what led the player to make a new character so that they could explore those quests.
Crime never pays.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Anyone know when mods are going to be available on Xbox for this? I've basically given up building big ships (7+ crew) because when ever I use them my fuck'n game glitches and crashes... Most recently the trade authority kiosk and ship guy in New Atlantis have been MIA and I am really starting to doubt they will ever return. My guess is the game has him sitting underneath the blacktop from back when my game glitched the fuck out last week and was able to walk around down there by going through the magical door way that opened just opposite the UC Security office....

Also, I just want to add some cool shit to my game. It really feels like bounty hunter missions should be better. Like if you have a brig in your ship you should have the option to bring you bounty back alive for more money. Shit like that.... Adding some new cities to on a lot of these vacant worlds would really help a lot too.

Finally, please let there be a mod that allows me to place doors and ladders in my ship where I want them, and also a way to preview the interior of the ships... It's really fuck'n annoying to have to exit out and run over to my ship just to see if the ladder is in the right spot and if the flow of the inside of the ship is good or not...
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I finally figured out how to paint the whole ship at once, and damn is my Razorleaf sexy. A few mods to make it a little bigger with better cargo and amenities as well.

I ended up starting all over, playing a bit different this time through.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:04 pm I finally figured out how to paint the whole ship at once, and damn is my Razorleaf sexy. A few mods to make it a little bigger with better cargo and amenities as well.

I figured that out a few days ago too. Holy fuck did I waste a lot of time trying to paint each piece one at a time.... I should probably read the instructions once in a while...
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

A real Astal Lounge would be kind of bitchin'. Aurora and all.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:09 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:04 pm I finally figured out how to paint the whole ship at once, and damn is my Razorleaf sexy. A few mods to make it a little bigger with better cargo and amenities as well.

I figured that out a few days ago too. Holy fuck did I waste a lot of time trying to paint each piece one at a time.... I should probably read the instructions once in a while...
Same. The first few ships I did that, which is why they were solid black. No way I was figuring out tri-colored that way.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Kepler R is a monstrosity. Good bones, but that thing needs to be stripped down and rebuilt.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:36 am The Kepler R is a monstrosity. Good bones, but that thing needs to be stripped down and rebuilt.
Yeah.. lol. I've used it occasionally but when entering/exiting I choose the cockpit/disembark option. It's a maze to get through.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm working on getting my ship mod skills up to maxed so I can redo that thing. There's also a video out there that I found where a guy takes a random, cheap ship and re-mods the whole thing into a nearly maxed out ship in every category with 10k cargo. I will definitely be doing that. That ship looks sweet as hell. I'll post that when I get home as I have it saved on my computer there.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

I don't play Bethesda games anymore.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

This is the beast that I'm going to build as soon as I have the skills to do so.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Has anyone beaten this game yet? I wish Herky would show back up and regale us with his experience playing this game. He gave the most in-depth personal gameplay of FO4 I've ever read, so I know he's into Bethesda.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I have. I plowed through the NG+ stuff to get to NG+10, which is allegedly peak performance for the armor and ship you start out with. I started all over now though, new character, different traits, etc.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Sarah has some pretty solid one-liners when she's your love interest/companion and you awake from resting.

That was fun, but maybe next time let's try it without the jetpacks.

Do you have a medpack? I think I pulled something.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

If the companions could stop walking in front of my sniper rifle as I'm about to fire, that'd be great.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:55 am If the companions could stop walking in front of my sniper rifle as I'm about to fire, that'd be great.
Companions? Is the Fallout in space?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 am
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:55 am If the companions could stop walking in front of my sniper rifle as I'm about to fire, that'd be great.
No. It's Skyrim in space.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 am
Oblivion style. Oblivion as in the companions ass is blown into oblivion when they step in front of my sniper rifle. 750 damage to that ass.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

OK, OK. Not a bad thing. Loved Skyrim.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:44 am

Oblivion style. Oblivion as in the companions ass is blown into oblivion when they step in front of my sniper rifle. 750 damage to that ass.
You ever hit your companion's jet pack and send them into orbit on low-grav planets?

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:44 am

You ever hit your companion's jet pack and send them into orbit on low-grav planets?
No, but i did that to a bad guy once. My gal was watching when it happened and was dying laughing. That dude was up in the air forever.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You know what would be pretty awesome on one of the 1000 planets in the game? If dinosaurs still existed.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:27 pm You know what would be pretty awesome on one of the 1000 planets in the game? If dinosaurs still existed.
I saw online a clip where someone found a planet with fire breathing dragons.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Schrodinger 3 does have an ankylosaurus
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:29 pm This is the beast that I'm going to build as soon as I have the skills to do so.

I built this bad boy. It's actually not as big as it seems like it would be. I added to it even. I painted it Vikings colors and called it Valhalla. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:40 pm Schrodinger 3 does have an ankylosaurus
I have killed so many animals on this planet...
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:49 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:29 pm This is the beast that I'm going to build as soon as I have the skills to do so.

I built this bad boy. It's actually not as big as it seems like it would be. I added to it even. I painted it Vikings colors and called it Valhalla. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
I have a couple nice ships but they're really big and they clip into objects in a lot of landing zones. I like the idea of a smaller ship.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I wish we could share pictures of our ships. That would be kind of neat.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:42 pm Has anyone beaten this game yet? I wish Herky would show back up and regale us with his experience playing this game. He gave the most in-depth personal gameplay of FO4 I've ever read, so I know he's into Bethesda.
Ahoy!

I have Starfield but haven’t played it.

You should see my mod load order for Fallout 4. 132 mods and the game doesn’t crash. You can also craft cats to increase settlement happiness out of empty milk bottles!

War never changes!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

So, I had a break at work today and brought in my Bluetooth controller to try the cloud streaming for this game. I was just connected to my mobile hotspot for now, but next time I'll use the agency's internet to try it out. Starfield streamed almost flawlessly through cloud gaming on my old shitty phone using a 4g mobile hotspot. Fucking crazy! And now I'm never gonna get anything done at work.
I made this!