Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

offseason predictions

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Big Head

Re: offseason predictions

Post by Big Head »

Big Head wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:33 am Any chance of Marat Khusnutdinov coming over next year?

edit - it looks like he is under contract in Russia through next season...
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Is the Rossi experiment over?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:35 pm Is the Rossi experiment over?
If it's not over it's on life support. To be honest I have seen virtually nothing from him that shows he might be an impact player some day. Erickson Ek was nothing to cheer about his first 3-4 years so I'm willing to give him one more year. It may end up that the covid health scare he went through ends up being his undoing...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DMB

Post by DMB »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:00 pm
If it's not over it's on life support. To be honest I have seen virtually nothing from him that shows he might be an impact player some day. Erickson Ek was nothing to cheer about his first 3-4 years so I'm willing to give him one more year. It may end up that the covid health scare he went through ends up being his undoing...
Wierd situation. It will be a real kick to the seeds if he busts out-which looks more and more probable.
Semper Fi
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

This is my hope, too. After jettisoning the NBA (best thing I've ever done) I watch a shit-ton more Wild hockey. Watching EE's progression to becoming this team's best all-around player has been special. I think EE's upside is an even better Mikko Koivu. Hard to say, of course, but a healthy EE might have been enough to get past Dallas.

Back to the subject at hand, tough to really make an opinion on Rossi. He's still ONLY 21 years old. Considering his age, the health ordeal he dealt with awhile back had to be crazy. Probably delayed his 'arrival' by a year. But people miss time because of injuries and illness, so that doesn't make him immune. Some prospects just 'miss'. I do agree that some people take more time to fully develop. I wouldn't want to write him off, but this is probably his make/break season with MN. Hopefully he'll be in St. Paul, rather than Des Moines, this fall. He's at an age where I believe an off-searason of pure whoop-ass could do marvels for his game. I hope that's the case.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Angry Waters wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:09 am
This is my hope, too. After jettisoning the NBA (best thing I've ever done) I watch a shit-ton more Wild hockey. Watching EE's progression to becoming this team's best all-around player has been special. I think EE's upside is an even better Mikko Koivu. Hard to say, of course, but a healthy EE might have been enough to get past Dallas.

Back to the subject at hand, tough to really make an opinion on Rossi. He's still ONLY 21 years old. Considering his age, the health ordeal he dealt with awhile back had to be crazy. Probably delayed his 'arrival' by a year. But people miss time because of injuries and illness, so that doesn't make him immune. Some prospects just 'miss'. I do agree that some people take more time to fully develop. I wouldn't want to write him off, but this is probably his make/break season with MN. Hopefully he'll be in St. Paul, rather than Des Moines, this fall. He's at an age where I believe an off-searason of pure whoop-ass could do marvels for his game. I hope that's the case.
All true-Rossi just seems kind of soft and Europeany to me though-zero edge. Has lots of drive but not sure the soft and round edges will allow him to be anything in the NHL.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

"On this day in North Stars history, 45 years ago today (June 15th, 1978), Minnesota used the first overall pick, in the NHL draft, to select Bobby Smith
In his two stints with the North Stars, he scored 185 goals, and 554 points, in 572 games "
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:55 am Trade Kaprizov for a player and 2 number 1s. Completely blown this up.

Didn't work last year, didn't work this year.
Get out of here with that shit
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Sharks putting out feelers on a trade for Erik Karlsson. I know the cap situation and his contract. But look what 37 year old Burns did for Carolina. The Wild need a veteran on defense. I like Klingburg a lot. But is he as good as EK? No. Get SJ to eat 60% of EK's contract. Give them Folino and Goligoski plus 2 prospects and a pick. Get a decent young player back. A Sam Steel type.

I know it's far fetched. But they only way to move forward is to add solid veterans. I also sign Nyquist. He was their best player in the playoffs. I believe he had an assist in every game he played in.

Bill is admit about resigning Gustafson and eat up all the remain cap space. It's the same exact situation as Fiala last year. I think they could get more in a trade than He did for Fiala. The ignorant Wild fans that bash Flurey probably dont know his record in a Wild Sweater. 56-33. Thats damn good. It's not the goal tending. It's the defense. Flurey and Jones can handle the net if you improve the defense. Jasper should see some time late in the season next year. Get his feet wet vs weaker teams.

Trade Gus for #1. 2 prospects and a player.
Sign Nyquist
Trade for EK.
Get rid of Folino and Goligoski.
Atrain99

Post by Atrain99 »

Douchebag Ryan Suter being bought out by Dallas.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:18 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:55 am Trade Kaprizov for a player and 2 number 1s. Completely blown this up.

Didn't work last year, didn't work this year.
Get out of here with that shit
Would you trade Kap for #1 overall this year JTown?
Semper Fi