Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Stars vs Wild Round 1

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Jimtown guy

Re: Stars vs Wild Round 1

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:41 pm 5 games

Kirill 1 goal
Boldy 3 assists

Not blaming those 2 but when you are the offensive stars on a team you HAVE to do better. Again, the loss of Ek cannot be overstated,
For whatever it’s worth I have it on good authority that Kap is battling a fairly significant injury.
There’s no way he’s 100%. He shows a very few spurts of himself but those are few and far between
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

focker wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:57 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 pm Wes Walz: “I didn’t think that it should have been a major because he didn’t extend his knee”.
He’s employed by the Wild. His opinion means nothing

Imo it was a dirty hit. He’s been way too much of a goon this whole series.
First off, Walz isn’t that sort or analyst. If he says he disagrees with the call I genuinely believe him and would say the same thing if he said he thought it was dirty even if I still disagreed with him.

Secondly, do you think he extended his knee.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Ask Not wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:59 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 pm Wes Walz: “I didn’t think that it should have been a major because he didn’t extend his knee”.

Yup. Think if that's Suter hitting Kap the same way.
I would be mad. No doubt about it. If he didnt extend his knee I wouldn’t expect a major though.
Last edited by Ron Burgundy 4 President on Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:34 pm Wild are just gonna fold. 1 and done. Again.
For the 8th time in the last decade.

Only missed the playoffs once in said decade which means that this will be the 7th first round exit in a row. Haven’t won a series in 9 years.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:37 pm This game went straight downhill when Steel missed the breakaway.

Wild never had momentum after that.
I agree. Everyone’s pointing to the major as the turning point, but it actually happened a bit earlier with the Steel miss.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:41 pm 5 games

Kirill 1 goal
Boldy 3 assists

Not blaming those 2 but when you are the offensive stars on a team you HAVE to do better. Again, the loss of Ek cannot be overstated,
For whatever it’s worth I have it on good authority that Kap is battling a fairly significant injury.
He looked good tonight, it's too bad his linemates are absolute trash nonfactors, who can't create anything on there own. I didn't see Hartman all night.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

focker wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:01 pm

We’d all be going apeshit…
Much more so if he was actually hurt. In this hypothetical scenario however Kap actually wouldn’t have been hurt just as Faksa obviously wasn’t and therefore the rage would be tempered greatly.
NonprovincialMNFan

Post by NonprovincialMNFan »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:37 pm

I would be mad. No doubt about it. If he didnt extend his knee I wouldn’t expect a major though.
The big difference here is suter illegally crosschecked kap more than once (he came back to the bench hurt on one of them) and wasn't called for a penalty.
Moose gets two calls that weren't penalties and one this game that seems up for debate. (As far as 2 vs 5 mins)
I'm with Paul Bissonette ....bush league officiating.
Doc Holliday: There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Series should be over-Wild were outplayed in game 1 but got a lucky bounce. The only game they were the better team was home opener. They've come up small in the other games.
Semper Fi
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

DMB wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 am Series should be over-Wild were outplayed in game 1 but got a lucky bounce. The only game they were the better team was home opener. They've come up small in the other games.
Correct. It hasn't been close in three of five games.

Good back and forth game in game 1, Wild dominated game 3.

I certainly don't have much confidence at this point that I will be cashing my conference win ticket or Stanley cup win ticket.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:14 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:06 pm

Yep ...KK is fighting through the injury but he just doesn't have the explosiveness we are used to seeing.
It’s a different injury than the one he had toward the end of the regular season.
:shock:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DMB

Post by DMB »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:11 am
DMB wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 am Series should be over-Wild were outplayed in game 1 but got a lucky bounce. The only game they were the better team was home opener. They've come up small in the other games.
Correct. It hasn't been close in three of five games.

Good back and forth game in game 1, Wild dominated game 3.

I certainly don't have much confidence at this point that I will be cashing my conference win ticket or Stanley cup win ticket.
It would set a new Minnesota playoff sports low if somehow Suter gets a hatty in St.Paul and they beat the Wild 3-0 in game 6-that's my current mindset :)
Semper Fi
focker

Post by focker »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:31 pm

First off, Walz isn’t that sort or analyst. If he says he disagrees with the call I genuinely believe him and would say the same thing if he said he thought it was dirty even if I still disagreed with him.

No, he did not, but the guy has to realize he has a target on his back and is getting called for a ton of penalties. The Wild are the most penalized team in the NHL, and we're playing again a top 3 powerplay. That's a dangerous combination. No need to take stupid risks/penalties.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

focker wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:02 am

No, he did not, but the guy has to realize he has a target on his back and is getting called for a ton of penalties. The Wild are the most penalized team in the NHL, and we're playing again a top 3 powerplay. That's a dangerous combination. No need to take stupid risks/penalties.
We are also one of the worst penalty kill teams in the league.

Quite the trifecta for this series. The series has played out as such also.
My body, my choice.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

focker

Post by focker »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:08 am
focker wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:02 am

We are also one of the worst penalty kill teams in the league.

Quite the trifecta for this series. The series has played out as such also.
I'm pretty sure they said we're 15th in the league on the kill, which is more 'middle of the pack' than 'one of the worst' but still...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
focker

Post by focker »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:10 am
The length of the penatly didn't matter as they scored so quickly and easily. Yeah, losing Foligno for the game certainly sucked, but he surely would have gotten more penalties as the game went on.. :lol:
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Lots of anger and frustration here in Wild chat! That shows we are passionate about the greatest sport of them all!
salamander

Post by salamander »

DMB wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:57 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:24 pm For some reason I just have a really good feeling about this team.
Just don't put Fleury in when it matters.
I sort of do also-but my tragic Minnesota sports fan DNA is preventing it and assuming the worst.
In true MN fashion we get drubbed.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

focker wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:33 am
The length of the penatly didn't matter as they scored so quickly and easily. Yeah, losing Foligno for the game certainly sucked, but he surely would have gotten more penalties as the game went on.. :lol:
Foligno would not made one iota of difference had he just got a 2 minute penalty. This team just isn’t as talented as the Stars. I had the Stars in 6 and it is sure looking that way. Again prove me wrong but I’m not holding my breath. Oh and move on from the Foligno ejection. It’s over
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

John Buccigross is the worst thing to happen to the NHL in 30 years.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:49 pm
Foligno would not made one iota of difference had he just got a 2 minute penalty. This team just isn’t as talented as the Stars. I had the Stars in 6 and it is sure looking that way. Again prove me wrong but I’m not holding my breath. Oh and move on from the Foligno ejection. It’s over
Gotta disagree with you a bit JimmyT. Marcus has been super hyped for this series and it's led to some unfortunate penalties, whether we want to believe the calls were bad or not. What really hurt is for the 2nd time in 3 games the Wild had to play a forward short for almost the entire game. That's huge. Causes everything to become discombobulated. Were able to overcome it at home when Ek left early but in a crucial game on the road it was too much. I'd agree that overall the Stars are better, but only slightly. What's killed us of course is the special teams and missing both Shaw and Ek on the kill has been impossible to overcome. It's a bummer...oh, and you are spot on, it is time to move on from the Foligno call.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

The length of the penalty does matter though, as a 5 minute major was given. So as I’m sure you know and saw, since you correctly said the Stars scored quickly and easily, the Wild had to kill the full 5 minutes, as you don’t get the player back after a goal on a major. With as bad as the Wild PK has been, we were lucky we weren’t watching several more PP goals get netted.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 pm John Buccigross is the worst thing to happen to the NHL in 30 years.
jfc
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Anxious to hear what lineup changes there will be tonight...
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:28 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 pm John Buccigross is the worst thing to happen to the NHL in 30 years.
jfc
And before that is was Wayne Gretzky. The guy refused to understand how hockey is supposed to be played. Good riddance.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sounds like Gus gets the start but a couple other spots are going to be warm up time decisions.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Interesting....Johansson moves up to play with Hartsy and Kirill and Zuccs gets sent to the 2nd line with Boldy and Gaudreau. That's about it for changes and I had hoped we might see Sundqvist but it isn't happening.

Kind of an emotional night...if the Wild lose that means for the first time since October we won't have Rodent or WIld hockey to watch. Hope they come with their "A" game and get this series to game 7!!

LETS GO WILD!!
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Just finished watching USA vs USSR on Youtube. I'm ready for this game now.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

mnbob70 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:35 pm Just finished watching USA vs USSR on Youtube. I'm ready for this game now.
NICE! Lets go get a "W" Bob!!