Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

1st Time on the course 2023 Edition

Jack Soo 5

Re: 1st Time on the course 2023 Edition

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:03 pm Hey Fella's, The last 2-3 months have been a real struggle for yours truly--even on the range. Me and the tax deduction golfed in mid-August and I would have exceeded triple-digits.

Well today, I said Fug It and decided to take the day off work and play a round of golf. Carded a 42 on the front and 43 on the back. Felt awesome to get the rythm and tempo back. No idea on how I did it but will take it. Even hit my 7 iron 170+-nice to see you my old friend!!!
Awesome, that's a nice round. Always feels great to get out and hit 'em good with a decent score. 7 iron is my favorite club, although these days I can only hit it about 150 max.
Keep your stick on the ice
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:26 pm
WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:03 pm Hey Fella's, The last 2-3 months have been a real struggle for yours truly--even on the range. Me and the tax deduction golfed in mid-August and I would have exceeded triple-digits.

Well today, I said Fug It and decided to take the day off work and play a round of golf. Carded a 42 on the front and 43 on the back. Felt awesome to get the rythm and tempo back. No idea on how I did it but will take it. Even hit my 7 iron 170+-nice to see you my old friend!!!
Awesome, that's a nice round. Always feels great to get out and hit 'em good with a decent score. 7 iron is my favorite club, although these days I can only hit it about 150 max.
Thank you. The last few months have been a struggle and massively frustrating. But yes it was a lot of fun playing yesterday. I made solid contact with all of my drives except 1 in which I topped it something awful. Still slice my drives at times. But if I can get 250'ish with my driver and now my 7 iron is following instructions then in theory I can be on the green in 3 on long par 5's.

Good luck to you and keep us informed!!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Pins getting pulled as the season winds down.
Breezy Courses closed.
Bemidji TC on the 20th
Victory links on the 20th **they have a project starting**
Tee sheet is about 4 hours to get 18 in unless you find a empty course.

Im done for the year.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:20 am Pins getting pulled as the season winds down.
Breezy Courses closed.
Bemidji TC on the 20th

Im done for the year.
Sad time of year when the last round has been played... :cry:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
WannaBeProGolferGuy

I made a tee time for this Friday October 20th, I haven't swung a club since late August. I suspect I will hack it up but whateves,
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:18 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:20 am Pins getting pulled as the season winds down.
Breezy Courses closed.
Bemidji TC on the 20th

Im done for the year.
Do you play at any of the indoor places? I have checked them out, but it didnt keep my attention.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:24 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:18 pm
Breezy Courses closed.
Bemidji TC on the 20th

Im done for the year.
Do you play at any of the indoor places? I have checked them out, but it didnt keep my attention.
Years ago I'd head over to that golf dome on White Bear Avenue next to Aldrich Arena for a little spring tune up, but haven't had the time or desire to do that for awhile...never been to Top Golf but would like to go their with friends sometime and check it out!
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Well fella's, last round in the books for 2023 unless we have miracle weather in November. At any rate, front 9 was spectacular. Scored a 44 which was astonishing since I haven't played since Late August.

The group in front of me was 3 old guys who played slower then hell and did the ol 2 practice swings before each shot and the ol squat down and read the green from all angles thus slowing play up. At the turn, they asked if I wanted to join. I said sure why not. OMG, 2 of the 3 old f'kers were sucking down beers and bloody mary's at 1:30 in the afternoon like they were in college and swore like a sailor and giving each other $hit. I played brtual from 12 - 18 but LOL'd at these 2 guys.

One of the Old F'kers who wasn't boozin could stripe every single shot dead straight. His buddies gave him the nickname of Iron Byron. At the end of the round after the congratulatory shake of hands, this guy says to me: "You have a great golf swing with good rhythm and temp and you need to play more golf" I felt very honored an humbled that this guy would provide positive words.

Anyway, thanks for listening
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:21 pm Well fella's, last round in the books for 2023 unless we have miracle weather in November. At any rate, front 9 was spectacular. Scored a 44 which was astonishing since I haven't played since Late August.

The group in front of me was 3 old guys who played slower then hell and did the ol 2 practice swings before each shot and the ol squat down and read the green from all angles thus slowing play up. At the turn, they asked if I wanted to join. I said sure why not. OMG, 2 of the 3 old f'kers were sucking down beers and bloody mary's at 1:30 in the afternoon like they were in college and swore like a sailor and giving each other $hit. I played brtual from 12 - 18 but LOL'd at these 2 guys.

One of the Old F'kers who wasn't boozin could stripe every single shot dead straight. His buddies gave him the nickname of Iron Byron. At the end of the round after the congratulatory shake of hands, this guy says to me: "You have a great golf swing with good rhythm and temp and you need to play more golf" I felt very honored an humbled that this guy would provide positive words.

LOL....those old guys sound like me! Glad you had a wonderful day for gawlf! :beer:
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:48 pm
WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:21 pm Well fella's, last round in the books for 2023 unless we have miracle weather in November. At any rate, front 9 was spectacular. Scored a 44 which was astonishing since I haven't played since Late August.

LOL....those old guys sound like me! Glad you had a wonderful day for gawlf! :beer:
So get this which made the goings-on even more hilarious, one of the Old F'kers had 3 separate "yardage marking devices". He had PING ARCO's on his watch, then he had some crazy device pinned to his visor, then he had a hand-held distance finder. He would get up to his ball and say "it says 134" and grab an iron. A different Old Fucker would say " Are you sure about that as i got 151".

Old f'ker would re-distance using a different device and then grab a different iron. Then 2 practice swings, then grab yet a different iron and swings resulting in a 40"foot putt.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:05 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:48 pm

So get this which made the goings-on even more hilarious, one of the Old F'kers had 3 separate "yardage marking devices". He had PING ARCO's on his watch, then he had some crazy device pinned to his visor, then he had a hand-held distance finder. He would get up to his ball and say "it says 134" and grab an iron. A different Old Fucker would say " Are you sure about that as i got 151".

Old f'ker would re-distance using a different device and then grab a different iron. Then 2 practice swings, then grab yet a different iron and swings resulting in a 40"foot putt.
LOL...that'll be you some day!
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Some courses still open
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sellingguy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 am Some courses still open
today looks to be the best day for awhile. maybe the rest of the year.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i put it in another thread in the main forum--but i played on a black friday before where the temp was in the mid 30s. you wear gloves on both hands and a hat on your head and you can play.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:14 am i put it in another thread in the main forum--but i played on a black friday before where the temp was in the mid 30s. you wear gloves on both hands and a hat on your head and you can play.
Imagine me in a Dark Starr voice...."how'd you play?"
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:56 am
weimy froob wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:14 am i put it in another thread in the main forum--but i played on a black friday before where the temp was in the mid 30s. you wear gloves on both hands and a hat on your head and you can play.
this was in the mid to late 90s so i don't recall an exact score--but i do remember it was not being a great round. it's all about the experience now. sun was setting pretty low in the sky when we finished.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:15 am
Hornets wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:56 am
this was in the mid to late 90s so i don't recall an exact score--but i do remember it was not being a great round. it's all about the experience now. sun was setting pretty low in the sky when we finished.
One year I played on Thanksgiving all day. 55 degrees. No fucking way would I play today.