Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
DMB

Re: ***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

Post by DMB »

Justin Kase wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:42 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 pm LOL...Predators dominate shorthanded and take a 1-0 lead.

Also, so when did we start pronouncing Rossi's name differently? LaPanta is saying it like Rosecee....
The ESPN guys talked to him last weekend, and reported that he said that’s how it was pronounced, so they were saying it that way. Now, of course, our great Anthony The Fucking Planter has to make sure to say it that way, and mention his name more than required, just to ensure that we know he’s all over it. Just like when Ekky became Jule instead of Joel.

Wes also has to make sure to say these things more than necessary, just like when he was on his “Johnny” Merrill trip for awhile.
If Rosessesseci doesn't pick his game up it won't matter much :)
Semper Fi
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

DMB wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:14 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:45 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:17 pm FREDDY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice 5 year extension he got at 2.1 mil a year for 5 years
That's a phenomenal deal for the Wild.
Absolutely this.

It's hard to use the word 'great' because he's not. But, he's is absolutely one of those 'glue guys' that you do need to make the great ones cohesive. I've said this before that I don't know hockey as well as some people. But this guy just seems like the complete opposite of Victor Rask. That guy seemed like a black hole. Always two steps behind the play. The opposite of Freddy. Good for Gaudreau! Hope we can get Johansson for 3 years at the same term.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 pm LOL...Predators dominate shorthanded and take a 1-0 lead.

Also, so when did we start pronouncing Rossi's name differently? LaPanta is saying it like Rosecee....
In the grand scheme of EVERYTHING this is low priority... But we've been hearing about this guy for HOW long??? NO ONE from draft night until NOW knew how to properly pronounce his last name??? potato...potatoe
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Angry Waters wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:34 am

In the grand scheme of EVERYTHING this is low priority... But we've been hearing about this guy for HOW long??? NO ONE from draft night until NOW knew how to properly pronounce his last name??? potato...potatoe
It is quite odd that this has just taken place. If Rose-cee doesn't pick up his game in the next year or two we won't be worrying about how to pronounce his name. The young fellow has been extremely disappointing to date. I will say however that I was down on both Spurg and Ek their first couple of years and they made me eat my words....hope Rose-cee does the same!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Leon

Post by Leon »

Hornets wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:53 pm

It is quite odd that this has just taken place. If Rose-cee doesn't pick up his game in the next year or two we won't be worrying about how to pronounce his name. The young fellow has been extremely disappointing to date. I will say however that I was down on both Spurg and Ek their first couple of years and they made me eat my words....hope Rose-cee does the same!
so the kid has been pretty much a disappointment to date and he gets called up and want to change the way we pronounce his name ? worry about your game kid - become a player and then we can worry about how we say your name
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Leon wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:35 pm
so the kid has been pretty much a disappointment to date and he gets called up and want to change the way we pronounce his name ? worry about your game kid - become a player and then we can worry about how we say your name
Hope I'm wrong about him like you and I both were with Spurg :lol: , but to date I've seen virtually nothing from him that makes me think he'll turn into a solid player.

Hey did you see that JimmyT made a rube chat appearance last night??!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Avs and Preds tied at 3 after 2. Not sure who I’d want in the first round. Love for the first round exits to end though. That would be something different
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:51 pm Avs and Preds tied at 3 after 2. Not sure who I’d want in the first round. Love for the first round exits to end though. That would be something different
It sure would be. The first round exits are getting old to say the least…..
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hornets wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:40 pm

Hope I'm wrong about him like you and I both were with Spurg :lol: , but to date I've seen virtually nothing from him that makes me think he'll turn into a solid player.

It’s easy to forget just how offensively poor Koivu and Ek were early in their NHL careers. That said, I’m willing to be a bit more patient, but I’m just not sure this kid will ever make that leap. Hope I’m wrong….
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:57 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:40 pm

It’s easy to forget just how offensively poor Koivu and Ek were early in their NHL careers. That said, I’m willing to be a bit more patient, but I’m just not sure this kid will ever make that leap. Hope I’m wrong….
I was definitely wrong on Ek so I’ll give the kid some more time but he’s pretty much invisible now
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

McKinnon with a hatty and are now up 4-3 with 1:42 to go. Oh my
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Bring on Dallas
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Payback time for stealing our franchise....
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Hornets wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 am Payback time for stealing our franchise....
Gus in net for game one?

When is EE back?

Time for this franchise to nut-up and win an evenly matched series.
DMB

Post by DMB »

According to Athletic Faber could be 3rd pairing with Klingberg-both are righties. Gus likely to start but not official.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Erickson Ek's status keeps improving and now one report says it's possible he plays tomorrow!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Russo published our lines for 1st game.
Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello;
Johansson- Gaudreau- Boldy;
Nyquist-Steel-Foligno;
Duhaime-Dewar-Reaves

Middleton-Spurgeon;
Brodin-Dumba;
Klingberg-Faber
DMB

Post by DMB »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:16 pm Russo published our lines for 1st game.
Nyquist-Steel-Foligno;
Duhaime-Dewar-Reaves

Middleton-Spurgeon;
Brodin-Dumba;
Klingberg-Faber
Where did he publish that? Last I read on Athletic is Merrill was practicing with Faber because Kling was hurt.
Semper Fi
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DMB wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:13 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:16 pm Russo published our lines for 1st game.
Nyquist-Steel-Foligno;
Duhaime-Dewar-Reaves

Middleton-Spurgeon;
Brodin-Dumba;
Klingberg-Faber
Where did he publish that? Last I read on Athletic is Merrill was practicing with Faber because Kling was hurt.
Someone posted it on another website and he’s usually spot on
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Every stat leans towards Dallas. Average more goals, much better power play, first in the league in faceoffs, got one hell of a goalie, and so on. With that said the pressure is on the Stars. Wild just need to relax and have fun and hopefully score that first goal instead of chasing. Oh and don’t take stupid penalties
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Not that it matters much to me unless it's a weekend game, but jfc could they give the fans in MN shittier game start times?
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

Great to see Jimtown back. I nominate him or Munger to do the Playoff thread.

Who’s in net? How long is Ek out?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

MARCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

FREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Swedes havin a major impact on this game! VALKOMMEN to Minnesota!!!