Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

Re: ***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

Post by Hornets »

So did Nyquist play tonight?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Demello having a tough night in that corner… getting beat up pretty hard.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:33 pm So did Nyquist play tonight?
No, Rossi and Steel are both in….. I’m guessing that’s one of the spots he’d be in.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Zucc not scoring there….. that’s the way the night has been for the Wild……. Damn that’s rough.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:36 pm Zucc not scoring there….. that’s the way the night has been for the Wild……. Damn that’s rough.
He should forfeit his next paycheck for that. :thumbsdown:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Getting sick and tired of that PA guy screaming all night in an attempt to get the crowd riled up. Getting sick and tired of the incessant need for the music to be played at ridiculous volume.

Yes, I am old.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Fuck it, put Reaves and Foligno out at this point. I hope that’s not bad ribs for Johansson.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

If Johansson misses action now because of that check I'm gonna be pissed...
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:39 pm Fuck it, put Reaves and Foligno out at this point. I hope that’s not bad ribs for Johansson.
Reaves wants in SO bad!!
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

God damn that would hurt.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WOW....this is getting out of hand.

HERE COMES REAVES!!!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Reaves out for a fight, Foligno next?
Last edited by Justin Kase on Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Give Lowry credit for a good fight there....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Time for one more tilt?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Maybe this lights a fire for our Wild as the playoffs arrive...gotta bring it for 60 full minutes, not just a shift here and there.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 pm Give Lowry credit for a good fight there....
Yeah, I think he caught Reaves with one on the button. Reaves got him with a few.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:48 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 pm Give Lowry credit for a good fight there....
Yeah, I think he caught Reaves with one on the button. Reaves got him with a few.
Most guys can't withstand that first barrage of heavy rights that Reaves throw. Lowry took several but stayed on his feet and held his own towards the end...we don't see Ryan go down very often, hardly ever.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Pretty pathetic night tonight.

Sad to say, but this game is completely different once Kaprizov came back.
My body, my choice.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

His college results may not translate to the NHL, but Faber did put up 27 points in 38 games this season at UM.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:02 pm Pretty pathetic night tonight.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. Last game was missing a bunch of players and Ek being out does change things. The biggest issue going into the playoffs is that we really don't know how the line chemistry is going to work out with all players available except Ek. Bad time to experiment. Too many players available without clear-cut favorites for some lines.
DMB

Post by DMB »

mnbob70 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:56 am
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:02 pm Pretty pathetic night tonight.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. Last game was missing a bunch of players and Ek being out does change things. The biggest issue going into the playoffs is that we really don't know how the line chemistry is going to work out with all players available except Ek. Bad time to experiment. Too many players available without clear-cut favorites for some lines.
Ek is a big loss.
Semper Fi
Gordonbombay

Post by Gordonbombay »

This team peaked too early, not feeling great going into the playoffs. I swear to god we better not get robbed of a goal that actually crosses the line against Dalls this year
DMB

Post by DMB »

Gordonbombay wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:42 pm This team peaked too early, not feeling great going into the playoffs. I swear to god we better not get robbed of a goal that actually crosses the line against Dalls this year
I don't have the best feeling about the playoffs eitehr Bomber.
Semper Fi
Gordonbombay

Post by Gordonbombay »

DMB wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:55 pm
Gordonbombay wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:42 pm This team peaked too early, not feeling great going into the playoffs. I swear to god we better not get robbed of a goal that actually crosses the line against Dalls this year
I don't have the best feeling about the playoffs eitehr Bomber.
If they can find that magic from earlier in the season the sky is the limit. Im afraid we'll see them team that weve seen for the last 5-7 games and in that case they will be done in 5
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I think most of us here did not have overly high expectations for the season, we knew the Wild were decent but that the loss of Fiala would be tough to overcome and we had no clue how our goalie situation would be. The team overachieved in my estimation and there were certainly some low points but overall I am pleased with the overall performance considering many factors. Having to deal with the Ek injury is brutal...the guy was arguably the 2nd best overall player on the squad and when you lose that type of player and don't have a surplus of depth then you are in trouble. The only chance I see for the Wild to go beyond round 1 is that Gus has to stand on his head and two of the lines HAVE to be consistent offensively...KK and Boldy have to do what KK and Boldy do and that's score goals. Also need a couple of unsung heroes to step up and plus the team needs to play with an edge, playing as if no one gives them any respect or credit for being a good squad. It is daunting for sure...
DMB

Post by DMB »

Hornets wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:57 pm I think most of us here did not have overly high expectations for the season, we knew the Wild were decent but that the loss of Fiala would be tough to overcome and we had no clue how our goalie situation would be. The team overachieved in my estimation and there were certainly some low points but overall I am pleased with the overall performance considering many factors. Having to deal with the Ek injury is brutal...the guy was arguably the 2nd best overall player on the squad and when you lose that type of player and don't have a surplus of depth then you are in trouble. The only chance I see for the Wild to go beyond round 1 is that Gus has to stand on his head and two of the lines HAVE to be consistent offensively...KK and Boldy have to do what KK and Boldy do and that's score goals. Also need a couple of unsung heroes to step up and plus the team needs to play with an edge, playing as if no one gives them any respect or credit for being a good squad. It is daunting for sure...
This is pretty good analysis. Can't really come up with unsung hero candidates outside of the 2 top lines-Maybe Steel?
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

DMB wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:15 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:57 pm I think most of us here did not have overly high expectations for the season, we knew the Wild were decent but that the loss of Fiala would be tough to overcome and we had no clue how our goalie situation would be. The team overachieved in my estimation and there were certainly some low points but overall I am pleased with the overall performance considering many factors. Having to deal with the Ek injury is brutal...the guy was arguably the 2nd best overall player on the squad and when you lose that type of player and don't have a surplus of depth then you are in trouble. The only chance I see for the Wild to go beyond round 1 is that Gus has to stand on his head and two of the lines HAVE to be consistent offensively...KK and Boldy have to do what KK and Boldy do and that's score goals. Also need a couple of unsung heroes to step up and plus the team needs to play with an edge, playing as if no one gives them any respect or credit for being a good squad. It is daunting for sure...
This is pretty good analysis. Can't really come up with unsung hero candidates outside of the 2 top lines-Maybe Steel?
Maybe Nyquist? Guess I'm not sure I'd call him unsung but he'll probably be on the 3rd line and maybe that will give them a little more "O"fensive hope!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Guessing we'll see the "B" lineup tonight with injuries and nothing to play for....hopefully Gus plays as a tune up to him being the game 1 starter...
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:17 am Guessing we'll see the "B" lineup tonight with injuries and nothing to play for....hopefully Gus plays as a tune up to him being the game 1 starter...
I saw the lineup and it’s definitely different. Gus is starting
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:58 pm
Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:17 am Guessing we'll see the "B" lineup tonight with injuries and nothing to play for....hopefully Gus plays as a tune up to him being the game 1 starter...
I saw the lineup and it’s definitely different. Gus is starting
WHAT THE????? JIMMY T IS IN DA HOUSE!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer: :drinky: