Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Re: ***Official Wild Chat April & May thread***

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Nice win considering they were indifferent to winning!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:44 pm Nice win considering they were indifferent to winning!
Hey, if the Stars and/or Avalanche lay an egg or two here, it could matter!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
DMB

Post by DMB »

Justin Kase wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:43 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 pm Really good win tonight. Glad I stuck with it!
Yeah, it was hard to watch at times, but the Wild picked it up pretty well at the end and took a win that probably should have been a loss. The end was fun.
How did Faber look JK?
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

DMB wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:18 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 pm Really good win tonight. Glad I stuck with it!
Yeah, it was hard to watch at times, but the Wild picked it up pretty well at the end and took a win that probably should have been a loss. The end was fun.
And also how did Rossi look?

How did Faber look JK?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DMB

Post by DMB »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:56 am

How did Faber look JK?
From what I've read Faber fit right in like a round peg and Rossi was the opposite. Addison is getting shredded BTW-almost every Blackcawk highlight I see him though lol.
Semper Fi
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

DMB wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:59 am

How did Faber look JK?
From what I've read Faber fit right in like a round peg and Rossi was the opposite. Addison is getting shredded BTW-almost every Blackcawk highlight I see him though lol.
Faber will probably be a Steady Eddie type defenseman for the next dozen years. I'm still hopeful we have something with Rossi but my confidence in that is starting to wane.
DMB

Post by DMB »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:04 am
Faber will probably be a Steady Eddie type defenseman for the next dozen years. I'm still hopeful we have something with Rossi but my confidence in that is starting to wane.
Steady Eddie would be awesome-then you can pair him with an offensive minded D-man like Klingenberg or Dumba etc. Brodin is so over looked but he's so damn good and has been for a long time-if Fabre is anything like that it would be huge.
Semper Fi
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

DMB wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:17 am

Steady Eddie would be awesome-then you can pair him with an offensive minded D-man like Klingenberg or Dumba etc. Brodin is so over looked but he's so damn good and has been for a long time-if Fabre is anything like that it would be huge.
I still have a relatively novice hockey mind, compared to someone who's been immersed in the game from their youth. Unless you're a Cale Makar or Brett Burns (guys who can give you 25 goals from the blue-line) give me the D-men like Brodin who simply stifle the opposition. Ryan Suter, in his prime, if you will. Their work is so subtle. A lot of lay-fans like myself don't even recognize it. On the football side, I still don't know how great Randall McDaniel was. But I never heard his name on a single football broadcast. I'm guessing his reputation was well earned! So, if Faber can be Brodin v.2, it doesn't make the Fiala trade look so bad.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Angry Waters wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:31 am

I still have a relatively novice hockey mind, compared to someone who's been immersed in the game from their youth. Unless you're a Cale Makar or Brett Burns (guys who can give you 25 goals from the blue-line) give me the D-men like Brodin who simply stifle the opposition. Ryan Suter, in his prime, if you will. Their work is so subtle. A lot of lay-fans like myself don't even recognize it. On the football side, I still don't know how great Randall McDaniel was. But I never heard his name on a single football broadcast. I'm guessing his reputation was well earned! So, if Faber can be Brodin v.2, it doesn't make the Fiala trade look so bad.
I agree.

Niklas Lindstrom was the HoF version of this. Only ever scored 20 goals in a season once. Was a career +450 in +/-, which is insane for a guy who played in the modern era.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
DMB

Post by DMB »

Angry Waters wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:31 am

I first appreciated the role of D when my daughter played in summer elite leagues. She was an above avg player-lwinger. Small and fast like I was. She played on a team called Miracle Gold and they had some horses patrolling the blue line that literally controlled the whole game for the most part. It was fun to watch.
Semper Fi
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

How did Faber look JK?
Faber is going to have a really good career. First game out, maybe a couple of little things he wanted back, but he looked for the most part very poised, seemed to do things right. I watched him as much as I could, given the camera angles and all. He just understands the game, and appeared to be one of those guys that slides into the right position during play, sees what’s developing and is already in position when the play gets there.
That, while playing with guys he hasn’t played with before.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

How did Faber look JK?
Rossi had a rough go of it, from what I saw…… a bad turnover that became a Hawks goal. I don’t think we’ll see him in the playoffs.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

See Klingberg just stand still as the puck circles him on the Jet's goal?
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

50% save percentage. Good night for MAF.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Team looks pretty punchless.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Merrill just shot the puck into the side of Johhannson's face.
My body, my choice.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:55 pm Team looks pretty punchless.
I was busy, late to the game. How did the goals look? Rossi doing anything tonight?

Dumba with a penalty that was careless.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

This appears to be, with probably a couple of small changes, the Wild’s playoff roster. We should be concerned.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:27 pm
I was busy, late to the game. How did the goals look? Rossi doing anything tonight?

Rossi needs to go back down.

Put Farber in.

My kid is at the game. Said it was nothing but boos when the 2nd period ended.

I would agree. Pretty pathetic.

I was afraid once Karill came back the team would start leaning on him to score again. Seems like they are going to back to early Feb before he was injured.
My body, my choice.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Dewar…. Damn, hit the pipe on the open net.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:48 pm
Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:27 pm

Rossi needs to go back down.

Put Farber in.

My kid is at the game. Said it was nothing but boos when the 2nd period ended.

I would agree. Pretty pathetic.

I was afraid once Karill came back the team would start leaning on him to score again. Seems like they are going to back to early Feb before he was injured.
Yeah, hopefully Faber, I doubt Rossi will see the ice.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Kirill!!!! Finally, Wild had a bunch that could have turned into goals there, but couldn’t bang one in.
Maybe this will take the lid off.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Reaves definitely could have been called for that hit. I’m surprised he wasn’t.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Justin Kase wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:15 pm Reaves definitely could have been called for that hit. I’m surprised he wasn’t.
I said the same.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Gonna be hard to win with a double minor in the 3rd.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Fleury beat glove side after the team basically gave up thinking there should have been a call for Boldy being dumped.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

This team is going the wrong way at the end of the season.
My body, my choice.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

If Fluery starts game 1 of the playoffs, i'm never watching this team again. He sucks.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hard to fault Fleury for that goal, yet he for sure had a chance to break it up, pass went right through his stick.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Missed the first 2 periods and finally a chance to chat. UGH...momentum seems to be fading away right now for our Wild. Dare we say this started the minute Mason Shaw got hurt?!