Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
somuchyummy

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Rube Tube OTC

Post by somuchyummy »

Coach Guy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:29 pm
Coach Guy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:20 pm

:lol:

That's the one and only knock on him. Long, pick master, fast, elite cover corner. I'll take him being light. You can gain weight but you can't teach talent. Put him in an NFL program he will be fine. You rated him way too low if you actually watched tape. Idk what you are thinking.
i don't know, man. i've got a couple of tall skinny 19 year olds that are about forbes' size. and they'd get destroyed by NFL players. i have no idea how forbes would remain healthy with that kind of weight deficit. and yeah, he can gain weight... or can he? kind of odd that he hasn't yet, knowing the path he's on. maybe he's one of those guys who just remain rail thin. i'd worry his tackling style would mimic what jeff van gundy once did to alonzo mourning's leg. remember that? if not, look it up.
Good call, kids.
it took only one team to take him - the pundits were stunned - and i knew you'd be here crowing because that's your thing. and i'll also remind you, he hasn't played a snap nor proven a thing in the league yet.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:18 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:29 pm

i don't know, man. i've got a couple of tall skinny 19 year olds that are about forbes' size. and they'd get destroyed by NFL players. i have no idea how forbes would remain healthy with that kind of weight deficit. and yeah, he can gain weight... or can he? kind of odd that he hasn't yet, knowing the path he's on. maybe he's one of those guys who just remain rail thin. i'd worry his tackling style would mimic what jeff van gundy once did to alonzo mourning's leg. remember that? if not, look it up.
Good call, kids.
it took only one team to take him - the pundits were stunned - and i knew you'd be here crowing because that's your thing. and i'll also remind you, he hasn't played a snap nor proven a thing in the league yet.
Doesn't even matter. You dopes don't know ball. Kid went 16 when you guys screamed undraftable. Hilarious :lol:
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Coach Guy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:23 pm

Good call, kids.
Doesn't even matter. You dopes don't know ball. Kid went 16 when you guys screamed undraftable. Hilarious :lol:
LOL.. who the fuck said he was undraftable?
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:55 pm

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 pm I cant even see how Forbes is a draftable player. He weighed 166 lbs at the combine. That is just too damn small.
This you?

Only an amatuer ranks Julius Brents over a talent like Forbes.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 am

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 pm I cant even see how Forbes is a draftable player. He weighed 166 lbs at the combine. That is just too damn small.
This you?

What was his "draft grade" I gave him? I get you think you are cool by consistently removing all context to what othe rpeople say, but that says a lot more about your intellect. I can see that there are several teams taht would not have Forbes as a draftable player because he would not be able to play their coverage scheme at his size. Disagreeing with that statement is fucking ignorant, but typical of your views.
Oriole81

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Completed

Post by Oriole81 »

I’m +42 after Day 1.
Not bad

Wilson +3
Gibbs +18
McDonald +21
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:33 am
Coach Guy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 am

This you?

What was his "draft grade" I gave him? I get you think you are cool by consistently removing all context to what othe rpeople say, but that says a lot more about your intellect. I can see that there are several teams taht would not have Forbes as a draftable player because he would not be able to play their coverage scheme at his size. Disagreeing with that statement is fucking ignorant, but typical of your views.
Stay mad. Stay whiffing, amateur. No team in the league took him off their board for being a little light in the pants. Don't be fucking silly.

Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

4) Anthony Richardson (QB) Florida (1st, pick4) :naners: :naners:
35) Jaelyn Duncan (OT) Maryland
79) DJ Turner (CB) Michigan (2nd, pick 60)
106) Jonathan Mingo (WR) Mississippi (2nd, pick39) :naners:
138) Yasir Abdullah (LB) Louisville
162) Brenton Strange (TE) Penn St pick (2nd, pick 61) :naners:
176) Keonade Coburn (DT) Texas
221) Earl Bostick (OT)
236) Aubrey Miller Jr (LB) Jackson State

Chargers
21)Jordan Addison (WR) USC (1st, pick 23) :naners:
54) Tuli Tuipolotu (DL) USC (2nd, pick 54) :naners: :naners:
85) Sam LaPorta (TE) Iowa (2nd, pick 34) :naners:
125) Ji’Ayer Brown (S) Penn St
156) Ventrell Miller (LB) Florida
200) Jordan McFadden (OL) Clemson
239) SaRodorick Thompson (RB) Texas Tech

Seattle
5) Will Anderson (DE) Alabama - butch
20) Quentin Johnston (WR) TCU - butch
37) John Michael Schmitz (OC) Minnesota - butch
52) Julius Brents (CB) Kansas St - butch
83) Darius Rush (CB) S Carolina - butch
123) Dorian Williams (LB) Tulane
151) Kenny McIntosh (RB) Georgia
198) Calvin Avery (NT) Illinois
237) Keytaon Thompson (WR) Virginia

Good start for me. Not gonna rate Butch’s picks from Seattle. Just my own.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Oriole81

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Beef Supreme OTC

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:16 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:00 pm Eagles select Sydney Brown, safety from Illinois
Had to sweat the last DB run, but Brown was the guy I wanted the whole time.
Others close may be more athletic or versatile, but Brown is the best pure free safety in the class.
That’s important for us as we need to replace the guy tied for the league lead in INTs.

We’re off until RD7 now, but very happy to walk away early and fill our 3 biggest starter needs without having to reach.
Oh yeah and by the way, still get Tyree Wilson as a luxury.

DE Tyree Wilson
RB Jahmyr Gibbs
G Joe Tippman
FS Sydney Brown
FUCKIN NAILED IT
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:23 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:42 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:09 pm

I just looked him up again, and many sites say he may end up having to go to safety.
May be why he didn’t show up on the sites I was looking at at the end for day 3 CBs
May have to move to S, but then that should actually increase his value because of the flexibility to take the corner occasionally. Sort of the Brian branch argument - in reverse.
Maybe, maybe not.
If you're a mediocre CB prospect, you're a mediocre CB prospect.
If you have to be spend time with the safeties room in order to justify your spot, you're not going to get better as a CB prospect.

So then you're just a back of the roster guy trying to learn a new position, going against other guys that have played the position for most of their careers.

At some point it's just nice to know a guy can play A position, even if he's just going to be a depth piece and special teams player his whole rookie contract.
That's what I liked about Nic Jones for the Eagles in the 7th. He doesn't have "upside" bigger than a 4th or 5th CB, but he'll be a special teams ace from day one, and we're a contender today. That has value for us, vs a guy that may have more "upside," but who may have to season on the practice squad for two years in order to grow into a contributor.

I think the biggest ways to make that up though, is intelligence and special teams.

If you're going to make the switch quick, then you need to be intelligent. Think Cam Bynum, part of the reason why he was so successful so fast was because of how smart he was coming from Cal.

Also, while you're learning the new position if you're going to make the roster, you're going to have to be a big contributor on special teams. That is not a given because like I said, Jones was attractive to us with our last pick because of what he will bring on special teams.

Just some of my thoughts on late round upside vs guys with less upside but that will provide more immediate return.
Worried a little about this with Blackmon and Ward.
Is “versatility” possibly being overrated to justify taking a lesser prospect?

Happy to play things out, but these two have me worried.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Beetlejuice wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:03 am 4) Anthony Richardson (QB) Florida (1st, pick4) :naners: :naners:
35) Jaelyn Duncan (OT) Maryland (6th, pick 189) whoops :lol:
79) DJ Turner (CB) Michigan (2nd, pick 60)
106) Jonathan Mingo (WR) Mississippi (2nd, pick39) :naners:
138) Yasir Abdullah (LB) Louisville (5th, pick 136) :naners:
162) Brenton Strange (TE) Penn St pick (2nd, pick 61) :naners:
176) Keonade Coburn (DT) Texas (6th, pick 194) :|
221) Earl Bostick (OT) (not drafted)
236) Aubrey Miller Jr (LB) Jackson States (not drafted)

Chargers
21)Jordan Addison (WR) USC (1st, pick 23) :naners:
54) Tuli Tuipolotu (DL) USC (2nd, pick 54) :naners: :naners:
85) Sam LaPorta (TE) Iowa (2nd, pick 34) :naners:
125) Ji’Ayer Brown (S) Penn St (3rd, pick 87) :naners:
156) Ventrell Miller (LB) Florida (4th, pick 121) :naners:
200) Jordan McFadden (OL) Clemson (5th, pick 156) :naners:
239) SaRodorick Thompson (RB) Texas Tech (not drafted)

Seattle
5) Will Anderson (DE) Alabama - butch
20) Quentin Johnston (WR) TCU - butch
37) John Michael Schmitz (OC) Minnesota - butch
52) Julius Brents (CB) Kansas St - butch
83) Darius Rush (CB) S Carolina - butch
123) Dorian Williams (LB) Tulane (3rd, pick 91) :naners:
151) Kenny McIntosh (RB) Georgia (7th, pick 229) :(
198) Calvin Avery (NT) Illinois (not drafted)
237) Keytaon Thompson (WR) Virginia (not drafted)

Good start for me. Not gonna rate Butch’s picks from Seattle. Just my own.
One massive whiff: IND 2nd round pick
Two picks I nailed: IND 1st round pick, LAC 2nd round pick
Most picks drafted ahead of where I pick

Not bad
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

my massive fails were:

Tomi Adebawora - 58, went 110 (but a LOT of people were scratching their heads about that drop)
Jalen Carter - 3, went 9 (just six spots, but that's pretty massive at the top of the draft)
Zach Evans - 131, went 215
Brandon Joseph - 227, he went undrafted
DeWayne McBride - 146, went 222
Jalen Moreno Cropper - 212, went undrafted
Jammie Robinson - 90, went 145
Luke Wypler - 96, went 190 (another headscratcher)

my biggest fail - although i still think the Ravens got an absolute STEAL at 229, and that AV will be vying for a starting spot in a year. i took Andrew Vorhees as a draft and stash at 66. Apparently NFL teams don't think draft and stash until the very end.

my not so bad fails were:

Max Duggan - 246, went undrafted
Puka Nacua - 168, went 177
Keion White - 34, went 46
Dee Winters - 213, went 216

In the plus column for me:

Jakorian Bennett - 105, went 104
Nick Hampton - 257, went 161
KJ Henry - 169, went 137
Tucker Kraft - 92, went 78
Antonio Mafi - 165, went 144
Mike Morris - 206, went 150
Bijan Robinson - 26, went 8
Nick Saldiveri - 129, went 103
Justin Shorter - 244, went 150
Clayton Tune - 180, went 139
Colby Wooden - 163, went 116

so ... negative grades for me on 13, good grades for me on 11. perhaps the oddest of the bunch is that i nailed it that the Cardinals would take QB Clayton Tune. Only they took him at 139, while I froobdrafted him all the way back to 180.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

This thread scares the living shit out of me. Seriously. Wow.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

tbgh wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:13 pm This thread scares the living shit out of me. Seriously. Wow.
This has Jenn going on for a while. It’s fun for those who can only enjoy the hope, rather than a Super Bowl win.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Beetlejuice wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:22 pm
tbgh wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:13 pm This thread scares the living shit out of me. Seriously. Wow.
This has Jenn going on for a while. It’s fun for those who can only enjoy the hope, rather than a Super Bowl win.
Ok. I think all mock trials and all discussion of mock trials are a waste of time. Then I opened this thread.
WOW.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

My Tanner McKee 4th rd pick for the Vikes doesn't look as off considering the OL I drafted for us in the 5th, ended up going all the way up in the 2nd.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 pm My Tanner McKee 4th rd pick for the Vikes doesn't look as off considering the OL I drafted for us in the 5th, ended up going all the way up in the 2nd.
Not as bad as the draft analysts that thought he was a late first early second round pick. I rated him a UDFA even when some folks were saying he would be a high draft pick, probably the next QB after the top 4 guys.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:59 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 pm My Tanner McKee 4th rd pick for the Vikes doesn't look as off considering the OL I drafted for us in the 5th, ended up going all the way up in the 2nd.
Not as bad as the draft analysts that thought he was a late first early second round pick. I rated him a UDFA even when some folks were saying he would be a high draft pick, probably the next QB after the top 4 guys.
I figured they'd take A qb, just picked the wrong one.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Not as bad as the draft analysts that thought he was a late first early second round pick. I rated him a UDFA even when some folks were saying he would be a high draft pick, probably the next QB after the top 4 guys. Who in their right mind could have actually watched Tanner McKee and beleved he was anything but a late round pick at best. I wish the best for all of these guys and hope he comes in the NFL and proves me wrong.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:02 pm
Not as bad as the draft analysts that thought he was a late first early second round pick. I rated him a UDFA even when some folks were saying he would be a high draft pick, probably the next QB after the top 4 guys. Who in their right mind could have actually watched Tanner McKee and beleved he was anything but a late round pick at best. I wish the best for all of these guys and hope he comes in the NFL and proves me wrong.
But for me specifically, I'm glad I still got value with the Scruggs pick after.
I still think there's a long shot for either of McKee or Hall to be legit starting QBs, but I knew they still had to draft somebody reasonably high.
I'm just glad that it didn't completely prevent us from filling other positional needs.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:16 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:02 pm
But for me specifically, I'm glad I still got value with the Scruggs pick after.
I still think there's a long shot for either of McKee or Hall to be legit starting QBs, but I knew they still had to draft somebody reasonably high.
I'm just glad that it didn't completely prevent us from filling other positional needs.
I am a bit surprised by how high Scruggs went in this draft. But there was a dearth of interior linemen so I think there were some reaches.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

tbgh wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:52 pm
Ok. I think all mock trials and all discussion of mock trials are a waste of time. Then I opened this thread.
WOW.
oh... absolutely we're all just whacking off. but honestly i needed a diversion in my life right now - it's been one long string of crap since about Thanksgiving. i'm sure others have their equally compelling reasons too - and i'm sure Michael Scott occasionally fiddle farts thru life as well.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm

WOW.
oh... absolutely we're all just whacking off. but honestly i needed a diversion in my life right now - it's been one long string of crap since about Thanksgiving. i'm sure others have their equally compelling reasons too - and i'm sure Michael Scott occasionally fiddle farts thru life as well.
It just seems like so much work that you all put into this. Much of my life is equally pointless, yes.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

WOW.
That’s fine. But if you go to first page and look at round one, you’ll see plenty of froobs enjoyed this waste of time.

It’s just for fun, we don’t take it seriously and nobody gets critical over other froobs. But it is cool to see if you actually nailed a pick you made especially if it’s in a later round.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

tbgh wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:47 pm

WOW.
It just seems like so much work that you all put into this. Much of my life is equally pointless, yes.
the "work" i put in actually made the third day of the draft really interesting for me. i knew these guys.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Good call, kids.
I don't usually do this, but CG was ridiculously cocksure his brain functioned at a higher level than the rest of us. "You dopes don't know ball." Meanwhile, Forbes has been abysmal, beyond horrible, laughably overmatched. Pretty much what us dopes predicted.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

WOW.
Since you bumped this though Yum, how's things going?
My wife was in the hospital during this, so taking on the Commissioner role was a nice diversion for me as well.

She's been home now since about May, and doing well.
Still in "recovery" but we're getting closer to more normalcy.

How about you?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Looking back on this, I think Beetlejuice knocked the ball out of the park with his Chargers draft.

WR Jordan Addison
DL Tuli Tuipolotu
TE Sam LaPorta
S J'Ayir Brown

That's pretty sick.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm

WOW.
My wife was in the hospital during this, so taking on the Commissioner role was a nice diversion for me as well.

How about you?
Thanks for asking. Hope she's doing better. I am about back to normal, i'd say. just takes awhile for the bones to knit back together and then it's fine. no long term owies, from what i can tell. Cheers!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:54 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm

How about you?
Thanks for asking. Hope she's doing better. I am about back to normal, i'd say. just takes awhile for the bones to knit back together and then it's fine. no long term owies, from what i can tell. Cheers!
Glad to hear you're doing better too.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo