Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oriole81

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Mlhouse OTC

Post by Oriole81 »

Eagles select CB Nic Jones from Ball St
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft***

Post by Oriole81 »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:09 am In for whatever you wanna give me.
KC back to back
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:48 am Eagles select CB Nic Jones from Ball St
Long developmental CB with experience both outside and in the slot
A better player than he is athlete
Special teams ace with multiple punt/kick blocks

DE Tyree Wilson
RB Jahymr Gibbs
OG Joe Tippman
FS Sydney Brown
OT Jake Witt
CB Nic Jones

*Fill their biggest holes without reaching, in fact Gibbs/Tippman are upgrades from who they're replacing.
*Brown is best pure FS in the draft, so even though he won't match Gardner-Johnson immediately, he can still start day one and bring immediate production.
*Wilson is such a huge luxury pick that has potential to become the best defensive player from the draft.
* You don't see a replacement for Javon Hargrave, but that's because we have high hopes for 2021 3rd rd pick Milton Williams.

We're still just as much a championship contender as we were last year.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Small Hands OTC

Post by Small Hands »

KC selects Malik Cunningham, QB, Louisville

And

Noah Gindorff, TE, North Dakota State
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:28 pmSure
Pitt
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 251st pick in the Froob Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select

Alex Forsyth C Oregon Green Ducks 6-4 303

Technique driven interior lineman who has a NFL comp to Garrett Bradbury. He has decent balance and utilizes his angles to be effective. More than average in space and getting to the second level, directly or on combo blocks. I thought he held his own against Ohio State in 2021 and against teh very tough Georgia defense in 2022, including handling Carter as well as anyone. He lacks functional power, although his bench measurable of 29 reps was pretty solid. Adding some mass and power, especially in his lower body is the key to developing his career in the NFL.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Style wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:27 pm In. I’d choose Houston, but will be good with any. Thanks for organizing.
TB
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Style OTC

Post by mlhouse »

Detroit Lion 2023 Froob Mock Draft

Round 1
6) Det Head Coach): Cristian Gonzales (CB) OR
18) Det (Head Coach): Calijah Kancey (DT) Pitt

Round 2
48) Det (Head Coach): Darnell Washington (TE) GA
55) Det (Head Coach): Gervon Dexter (DL) FL

Round 3
81) Det (Head Coach): DeMarvion Overshown (LB) TX

Round 5
152) Det (Mlhouse): Deuce Vaughn (RB) KS St
159) Det (Mlhouse): Corey Trice (CB) Purdue

Round 6
183) Det (Mlhouse): Dontayvion Wicks (WR) VA
194) Det (Mlhouse): Asim Richards (OT) UNC
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Pittsburgh Steelers 2023 Froob Mock Draft

Round 1
17) Pitt (Milhouse): Deonte Banks (CB) Maryland

Round 2
32) Pitt (Mlhouse): Drew Sanders (LB) Ark
49) Pitt: (Mlhouse): Anton Harrison (OT) Oklahoma

Round 3
80) Pitt (Mlhouse): Tyler Scott (WR) Cinci

Round 4
120) Pitt (Mlhouse): Xavier Hutchinson (WR) IA St

Round 7
241) Pitt (Mlhouse): Tavius Robinson (Edge) Ole Miss
251) Pitt (Mlhouse): Alex Forsyth (C) OR

I like this balanced draft by the Steelers. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to select Anton Harrison at 49, a huge need pick and also an offensive lineman we rated higher than a couple of guys who were picked before that selection. If he becomes a solid starter at LT this could be a huge draft for the Steelers.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:01 pm Pittsburgh Steelers 2023 Froob Mock Draft

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 7

I like this balanced draft by the Steelers. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to select Anton Harrison at 49, a huge need pick and also an offensive lineman we rated higher than a couple of guys who were picked before that selection. If he becomes a solid starter at LT this could be a huge draft for the Steelers.
forsyth in the seventh is good as well. i don't know what happens between when these assessments are made - and when the draft happens - but Lindy's (fairly reputable source - hey, they still publish a draft magazine) had Forsyth as a second rounder - and the second best C in the draft behind only Tippman. Their opening sentence on his eval was "One of the biggest risers in the 2022 season, Forsyth went from potential late round pick to probable TOP 50 SELECTION". (my emphasis.) so, idk, where the in between is here. i didn't take him with any of my picks precisely because of the Bradbury comp, who just gets manhandled too often for my liking. but the only C i took in the froobdraft - Luke Wypler - will likely have similar issues though. in any event, great value IMO in the seventh round.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:07 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:01 pm Pittsburgh Steelers 2023 Froob Mock Draft

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 7

forsyth in the seventh is good as well. i don't know what happens between when these assessments are made - and when the draft happens - but Lindy's (fairly reputable source - hey, they still publish a draft magazine) had Forsyth as a second rounder - and the second best C in the draft behind only Tippman. Their opening sentence on his eval was "One of the biggest risers in the 2022 season, Forsyth went from potential late round pick to probable TOP 50 SELECTION". (my emphasis.) so, idk, where the in between is here. i didn't take him with any of my picks precisely because of the Bradbury comp, who just gets manhandled too often for my liking. but the only C i took in the froobdraft - Luke Wypler - will likely have similar issues though. in any event, great value IMO in the seventh round.
Published draft magazines are very, very dated by the time they are published and the organizations that are doing them are no longer the better groups in evaluating all of the information that is available. THey use the "ALL" teams from the previous year too much. The start their rankings looking at just the players who were all conference or all american the previous year. I think you mentioned Voorhees having a very high ranking, but that was way overranked even before his injury.

These publications also do not do a very good job of identifying the NFL measurables and adjusting their draft status based on those. Forsyth was never going to be a top 50 player as a 303 lbs NFL offensive linemen. Ever. That measurable alone puts him in the 5th round plus area.

I also want to note that the Bradbury comp for Forsyth is my own comp.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:18 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:07 pm

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 7

Published draft magazines are very, very dated by the time they are published and the organizations that are doing them are no longer the better groups in evaluating all of the information that is available. THey use the "ALL" teams from the previous year too much. The start their rankings looking at just the players who were all conference or all american the previous year. I think you mentioned Voorhees having a very high ranking, but that was way overranked even before his injury.

These publications also do not do a very good job of identifying the NFL measurables and adjusting their draft status based on those. Forsyth was never going to be a top 50 player as a 303 lbs NFL offensive linemen. Ever. That measurable alone puts him in the 5th round plus area.

I also want to note that the Bradbury comp for Forsyth is my own comp.
the bradbury comp is also my own from what i read about forsyth. if you know bradbury - and you read about forsyth - the parallels are somewhat obvious. also - in terms of mags being outdated - i guess that some of those draft services are behind in the latest - but they are still pulling data and such from 3, sometimes 4 years of college ball.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

Tampa Bay 252:

Trey Dean III, S, Florida
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

7th round must be the Safety Zone. 6 chosen.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:28 pmSure
SF
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:36 pm 7th round must be the Safety Zone. 6 chosen.
There's still one on this board I think could very well make a roster.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 253rd pick in the Froob Draft, the Niners select

Darrell Luter CB South Alabama 5-11 189

This pick is about taking the guy highest on the board without regard for position or other selections. Luter is an athletic and long CB that is solid in run support (if you watch his highlight film it features tackles, which I like in a CB). He is a press man type of player that will need to learn nuiances of off coverage as a professional, and gain that time to learn by being solid in special teams.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:05 am With the 253rd pick in the Froob Draft, the Niners select

Darrell Luter CB South Alabama 5-11 189

This pick is about taking the guy highest on the board without regard for position or other selections. Luter is an athletic and long CB that is solid in run support (if you watch his highlight film it features tackles, which I like in a CB). He is a press man type of player that will need to learn nuiances of off coverage as a professional, and gain that time to learn by being solid in special teams.
If I remember right he actually looked ok at the combine. Better than some already drafted here.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

3puttparguy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:24 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:36 pm 7th round must be the Safety Zone. 6 chosen.
There's still one on this board I think could very well make a roster.
i think i know of whom you speak.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:59 am In. Give me any team.
NYG
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Offsides 97 defense

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Offsides OTC

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

The New York Football Giants select Robert Cooper DT Florida State.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 255th pick, their 4th selection in the 7th round and last pick in the draft the San Fran Forty Niners select

Caleb Murphy Edge Ferris St. 6-3 254

This pick is almost completely off the board. Murphy was the D2 Player of the Year for Farris St, the champion of D2 football last season. Along the way Murphy compiled stats that would seem to come out of Madden Football if there was a D2 version of Madden Football. 25.5 sacks. 39 TFL. Comobine that with his 2021 totals of 14.5 sacks and 21.5 TFL, that is 40 sacks and 60 tackles for losses over two seasons. Clearly, these totals were compiled against D2 competition, but clearly any opposing head coach is going to scheme his pass pro to stop the guy D2 or not.

I have watched over and over again trying to figure out how he does it. Murphy is not a spectacular athlete. His 4.81 40 time is not in the upper range of edge pass rushers in college football. His other measurables do not show a lot of explosion and high end strength (just 17 reps on bench press at pro day). The best I can describe it is that he has some sort of "IT" factor. He can bend at the turn and get super leverage around linemen. He can change his direction and pace. He has solid, but still rudimentary, hand usage and reasonable counters.

Drafting him gives the NIners the first chance to see if he can step up his game. I would utilize him as as a linebacker and move him around the LOS to try to create the angles of attack he exploited at the D2 level.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

With the 256th pick and their final selection in the 2023 Froob Mock Draft the Green Bay Packers select

Nesta Jade Silvera DT Arizona St 6-2 305

With the selection Packer fans are wondering what their name will be for what could become their favorite player. DO they go initials like KJB, NJS or do they just call him Nesta. This is a guy who like a couple of other players I like in the draft just stands out when you watch the game. I watched Stanford players, USC players, and UCLA players against Arizona St and every time I wondered who the hell #4 was on the Sun Devils defensive line. I had to look him up.

The way you identify Nesta NJS is pretty simple: at the snap he is almost always the first one moving and gets a tremendous first step. He is not a 0 tech guy who is going to hold up multiple offensive linemen, but rather a penetrator who disrupts the play in the backfield. When Nesta plays with proper leverage he can drive linemen back into the QB and there is a play he made when he was a MIami Hurrican were he drove the blocker into the punter to block the kick. Nesta has a non-stop motor and can stream down the LOS sideline to sideline.

Sidenote: I think he would be a great fit in a Brian Flores type defense because he is solid running stunts.

One of my favorite players and I will be rooting for him to make it no matter who drafts him.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:53 pm i'm IN if you need me.
Saints
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Yum OTC

Post by mlhouse »

San Fransisco Forty Niners 2023 Froob Draft

Round 3
99) SF (Mlhouse): Isaiah McGuire (Edge) Missouri
101) SF (Mlhouse): Roshon Johnson (RB) TX
102) SF (Mlhouse): Luke Schoonmaker (TE) MI

Round 5
155) SF (Milhouse): Jayden Reed (WR) MI St
164) SF (Milhouse): Ivan Pace (LB) Cinci
173) SF (Milhouse): Cameron Mitchell (CB) Northwestern

Round 6
216) SF (Mlhouse): Davis Allen (TE) Clemson

Round 7
222) SF (Mlhouse): Cheikhe Sow (OG) Eastern MI
247) SF (Mlhouse): Jason Taylor (S) OK
253) SF (Mlhouse): Darrell Luter (CB) S AL
255) SF (Mlhouse): Caleb Murphy (Edge) Ferris St

The Niners had literally traded away their first, second, third, fourth, and sixth round draft picks prior to the draft. The good news for them is all of the morgage payments for moving for Trey Lance have been paid and most of the traded draft picks brought Christian McCaffery to the Bay Area.

Instead, the Niners had a boat load of compensatory picks including three 3rd round picks based on minority hirings of Robert Salah, Martin Mayhew, Mike McDaniel, and Ran Carthon (they will load back up on these with the TExans hiring DeMarco Ryans), a 5th round comp, a 6th round comp, and two 7th round comp picks (along with a 7th acquired in trade).

WIth a solid roster both in front line and depth, this gave their draft a level of being able to pluck players that were very good value at the pick. On defense there are players that can make the roster at all levels. I think the two tight ends in this draft class are solid values, especially Davis Allen late inteh 6th round.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Green Bay Packers 2023 Froob Draft

Round 1
15) GB (Witljon): Brian Branch (S) AL

Round 2
45) GB (Witljon): BJ Ojulari (Edge) LSU

Round 3
78) GB (Witljon): Andre Carter (Edge) Army

Round 4
116) GB (Witljon): Kayshon Boutte (WR) LSU

Round 5
149) GB (Mlhouse): Carter Warren (OT) Pitt
170) GB (Mlhouse): Jaren Hall (QB )BYU

Round 7
232) GB (Mlhouse); Keaton Mitchell (RB) East Car
235) GB (Mlhouse): Jay Ward (S) LSU
242) GB (Mlhouse): Lonnie Phelps (Edge) KS
256) GB (Mlhouse): Nesta Jade Silvera (DT) AZ St

I like the top of the draft for GB with Branch and Ojulari, who I think is a somewhat underrated player and I am not a huge fan of drafting tweener DBs high in the draft. I think Andre Carter in the 3rd is a bit rich, and although getting him in the 4th might work out for the Packers, Kayshon Boutte is a player I just simply dislike but he does have some skills as a receiver.

Carter Warren is a rising player in the draft that can probably play all of the oLine positions and Jaren Hall might have the longest NFL career of any of the QBs drafted in this draft. I am not saying the best, but rather the longest. When most of the NFL has forgotten who Bryce Young is, Hall could be the backup QB for his 6th NFL team in his 17th year.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

With the 257th pick in the Froobdraft, the New Orleans Saints select LB Nick Hampton out of Appalachian State. Hampton 6-2 236 is a snap to whistle competitor with most of his value as an extremely quick and flexible pass rusher. Loads of athletic tools - he's perhaps more of an athlete than a football player, and will need to add some more bulk to his frame to hold up in the NFL. Still with marks like these - 600 lbs dead sumo lift, 10.6 broad jump, 365 lbs incline press, 39" vertical, GPS tracked 21 mph speed, 34" arms, 91% in the 40 - first year Saints defensive coordinator Joe Woods gets lots of material to work with. Team Captain, 1st Team Sun Belt 2023 - Draft Buzz's Compiled Ranking from other major scouting services put him at 153.

Hampton is the Saints final pick in the draft - complete listing to follow.

Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Coach Guy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:52 pm I'll play
Bears
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

New Orleans Saints Final Draft

WR - Zay Flowers 5-9 182 (29th)
DT - Mazi Smith 6-3 323 (40th)
RB - Tyjae Spears 5-10 201 (71st)
DE - Viliami Fehoko Jr. 6-4 276 (115th)
RB - DeWayne McBride 5-10 209 (146th)
OG - Antonio Mafi 6-3 338 (165th)
S - Brandon Joseph 6-1 202 (227th)
LB - Nick Hampton 6-2 236 (257th)

Nice group of players for the Saints - one note: Beef Supreme had the first four picks - I took over for him starting at the 146th, and admittedly had a brain fart. I knew that Kamara is in some serious trouble - and although they'd signed Jamaal Williams in FA, also understood that they were looking for an RB in the draft. Only realized after taking McBride (very good value at 146 btw), that Beef had already taken Spears back at 71. As they say in Nawlins, c'est la vie!
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
somuchyummy

Re: ***2023 Froob NFL Mock Draft*** Coach Guy OTC

Post by somuchyummy »

btw, big shout out to Oriole81 for putting this together - great work! and lots of fun. the downside, of course, to now having newly formed opinions about all the prospects - Rounds 1 thru 7 - is that i'll be more likely to lose my mind for three straight days as I watch the Vikes take some doofuses instead of the CLEARLY SUPERIOR PROSPECTS that i had in mind. The old saying "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind. 8-)