Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves Playoff Seeding Race Thread

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
aztimberwolves

Re: Wolves Playoff Seeding Race Thread

Post by aztimberwolves »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:46 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:35 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:56 pm

Maybe since they have to win and both thunder and wolves lose they figure just slide into third and gear up for Pels/Suns?
Or figure Memphis sucks enough lol.

Unrelated spurs are sitting Wemby so that’s disappointing for SA fans attending final home game.
Maybe they want to avoid a Wolves matchup in 2nd round and prefer an Okc matchup?
i think the wolves match up well with them and it would be an epic series--but OKC beat them three out of four games. i don't know who played--but that doesn't suggest domination by the nuggets. i'd think if they were doing any thinking about match ups--it would be about the first round opponent. depending on who the wolves play--they could be an underdog as a number one or number two seed.
Yeah. If they were worried about the Wolves i guess they’d try to snag the 2 seed at least for home court advantage in our potential matchup. Just kinda weird rhey would rest everybody tomorrow.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:11 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:35 pm

Maybe they want to avoid a Wolves matchup in 2nd round and prefer an Okc matchup?
i think the wolves match up well with them and it would be an epic series--but OKC beat them three out of four games. i don't know who played--but that doesn't suggest domination by the nuggets. i'd think if they were doing any thinking about match ups--it would be about the first round opponent. depending on who the wolves play--they could be an underdog as a number one or number two seed.
Yeah. If they were worried about the Wolves i guess they’d try to snag the 2 seed at least for home court advantage in our potential matchup. Just kinda weird rhey would rest everybody tomorrow.
I don’t think it’s that weird. For them to get the 1 seed, they’d have to win, but also have us and the Thunder both lose. That’s not likely. I don’t think they care as much about the 2/3 seed as they do being as rested and healthy as possible. Murray is still recently back from injury after all. They got nothing to prove.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:20 pm

I don’t think it’s that weird. For them to get the 1 seed, they’d have to win, but also have us and the Thunder both lose. That’s not likely. I don’t think they care as much about the 2/3 seed as they do being as rested and healthy as possible. Murray is still recently back from injury after all. They got nothing to prove.
True.I guess i’d try to at least hope for 2 seed for 2 rounds of home court advantage, especially with the thin mountain air. Minny beating the suns isn’t a given. I’d rest Murray for sure but play the rest. But whatever I’ll take it for the wolves
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:31 pm

True.I guess i’d try to at least hope for 2 seed for 2 rounds of home court advantage, especially with the thin mountain air. Minny beating the suns isn’t a given. I’d rest Murray for sure but play the rest. But whatever I’ll take it for the wolves
We could lose to Phoenix. They spanked us last time.

OKC is not losing to Dallas (who is also sitting everyone) with potentially the top seed on the line at home. OKC is young and healthy.

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 pm

OKC is not losing to Dallas (who is also sitting everyone) with potentially the top seed on the line at home. OKC is young and healthy.
The first time we played Phoenix was the night after Draymond choked Gobert. Our 3rd road game in 4 nights so that was just a schedule loss. The last game was nobody player well at all. I’m interested to see how we play tomorrow at at least relatively full health and at home with something to play.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:55 pm

The first time we played Phoenix was the night after Draymond choked Gobert. Our 3rd road game in 4 nights so that was just a schedule loss. The last game was nobody player well at all. I’m interested to see how we play tomorrow at at least relatively full health and at home with something to play.
Yeah. They don’t really scare me too much. Beal, Durant, and Booker are great, but none of them defend and their depth/bench is inferior to ours.

I’d rather play them in the playoffs than LAL or New Orleans. But they can be offensively explosive and are dangerous because of it.

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Phoenix would be a good tune up series for us. They definitely can fill it up from an offensive standpoint, but they are a shallow team with holes.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Yeah. They don’t really scare me too much. Beal, Durant, and Booker are great, but none of them defend and their depth/bench is inferior to ours.

I’d rather play them in the playoffs than LAL or New Orleans. But they can be offensively explosive and are dangerous because of it.
Phoenix doesn’t scare me at all. Yes they are capable of beating you on any given night. but on any given night they lose to aome real horseshit teams as well. Zero consistency, terrinlble defensively, and turn the ball over way too much. All spell disaster for team success in the playoffs. something is off with them.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

All of Denver's starting 5 are Questionable today.
Badbeat

Post by Badbeat »

feekdogg wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:44 am All of Denver's starting 5 are Questionable today.
On a totally related note, all of froob chat finds you questionable as well...

I think they were listed as questionable before there last game was even completed.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Not even sure Dallas is fielding a team. OKC free #1 seed.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:13 pm Not even sure Dallas is fielding a team. OKC free #1 seed.
if the nuggets lose aren't the wolves the #1 seed if they win?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:15 pm
boxter432 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:13 pm Not even sure Dallas is fielding a team. OKC free #1 seed.
Yes.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Yes but I think Memphis is that bad that Braun could probably beat them single handedly
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:21 pm
Yes but I think Memphis is that bad that Braun could probably beat them single handedly
lakers only beat them by three points on friday.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Ingram returning today for New Orleans, should be enough motivation to try and not finish 3rd.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Dammit. Oh well…

- Isaac Asimov
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

January 20th, in Oklahoma City. 4th quarter, Wolves up by 9. Go cold on 3’s, get 21 TOs and only 4 steals. Lose by 5 after getting stomped 28-14 in the 4th. That 12 min is the difference between 1st and 2nd/3rd seed now.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Same crap in OKC game at home now and Now we have to get 3s, the 1st Q hole is massive. Takes so long to adjust sometimes.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

For whomever STILL isn’t worried about Phoenix in the first round, are you still not thinking they’ll be a problem for us?
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:18 pm For whomever STILL isn’t worried about Phoenix in the first round, are you still not thinking they’ll be a problem for us?
?
Pretty sure everyone wanted to avoid pels, suns and mavs.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:26 pmThe Suns are AWFUL dude. They flash here and there but there is no way they put together a run in the playoffs. Way too inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much and Zero defensive effort.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:35 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:26 pmThe Suns are AWFUL dude. They flash here and there but there is no way they put together a run in the playoffs. Way too inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much and Zero defensive effort.
Yep. :lol:
BBG

Post by BBG »

Suns in 5?
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

SHAFA wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 pm
Exactly.

I think that the possibility of the Suns sweeping us in the first round is highly likely.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

BBG wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:40 pmSuns in 5?
Wouldn't shock me, this is the worst matchup for us.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:15 pm
With that kind of attitude, you guys might as well not even watch it.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm
If we were remotely competitive I don’t think we’d be feeling like this. Knowing the suns have had 20+ point leads and our starters not even finishing all 3 games speaks volumes
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:40 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 pm
Exactly.

I think that the possibility of the Suns sweeping us in the first round is highly likely.
lol not a chance. Yeah i’m more concerned. However this is still a team that on Tuesday night was down 35-4 in the first to a Kwahi less Clippers team. Then they follow that up the next night against the clippers that are resting their top 6 players and were down in the middle of the 4th to a g league team.

For whatever reason we have seen them on against us. But trust me, everybody in the Valley down here is still holding their breath cause you never know what you’re getting with this team. I fully expect to see that trend continue in the 4th where they return to what they have shown to be this season, a thin team that relies on talent and turns the ball over way too much and doesn’t defend well.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

witljon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm
My attitude doesn't affect the team.