Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

League today

Billy Ray

League today

Post by Billy Ray »

I golf....a lot. Haven't really posted in here though. 11 index right now.

Playing league today. Kinda fun as we have about 8 flights of 10 golfers separated by handicap. Side game today is stableford points. $25 buy in and I usually win nothing. :lol:
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Re: League today

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Billy Ray wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:56 am I golf....a lot. Haven't really posted in here though. 11 index right now.

Playing league today. Kinda fun as we have about 8 flights of 10 golfers separated by handicap. Side game today is stableford points. $25 buy in and I usually win nothing. :lol:
Nice!! Love it. Since you posted this in mid-February on a Minnesota based male-dominated sports-themed message board, I would suspect you must live somewhere that golf can actually be played outdoors in February?
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

WannaBeProGolferGuy wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:28 pm
Billy Ray wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:56 am I golf....a lot. Haven't really posted in here though. 11 index right now.

Nice!! Love it. Since you posted this in mid-February on a Minnesota based male-dominated sports-themed message board, I would suspect you must live somewhere that golf can actually be played outdoors in February?
Yep. I'm outta there in the winter.

Today was terrible here though. 50 degrees and a brisk wind. Not fun.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Kinda fun? How about you come back and shovel my driveway this week in -0. No sympathathy for you and your $25 donation! :D
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

3puttparguy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:10 am

Kinda fun? How about you come back and shovel my driveway this week in -0. No sympathathy for you and your $25 donation! :D
If I never come back to Minnesota I'll be a happy camper. Been there, done that.

Got a 2nd day of a 2 day tournament today. We're one place from DFL after yesterday. Had to take 3 drives in a shamble from our D player. Person couldn't get it 10 yards down because she'd top the ball on every swing. I told her to just putt it off the tee and we'd hit from there. :lol:
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Billy Ray wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:36 am

If I never come back to Minnesota I'll be a happy camper. Been there, done that.

Got a 2nd day of a 2 day tournament today. We're one place from DFL after yesterday. Had to take 3 drives in a shamble from our D player. Person couldn't get it 10 yards down because she'd top the ball on every swing. I told her to just putt it off the tee and we'd hit from there. :lol:
This old guy I play with occasionally can't chip to save his life. He get's withing 10-15 yards from the green out comes the putter.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

3puttparguy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:17 am
Billy Ray wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:36 am

This old guy I play with occasionally can't chip to save his life. He get's withing 10-15 yards from the green out comes the putter.
I play with a guy who's an 8 and putts anywhere within 30 yards of the green. Does well with it too.
3puttparguy

Post by 3puttparguy »

Billy Ray wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:19 am
3puttparguy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:17 am
Billy Ray wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:36 am If I never come back to Minnesota I'll be a happy camper. Been there, done that.

I play with a guy who's an 8 and putts anywhere within 30 yards of the green. Does well with it too.
That I'd like to see. Up and down from 30 yards, probably 50% of the time to be an 8. Magician