Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Attention Purple Froobs.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Charles Bronson

Re: Attention Purple Froobs.

Post by Charles Bronson »

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:15 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:49 pm
Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:15 pm

The irony is that this thread is about not coming at people just to come at people, and you can't refuse doing exactly that IN THIS THREAD...but that's why you don't post much :lol:

Nice work
This particular exchange is exactly the kind of thing I’m talking about.

In this case, neither you nor Cunningham crossed any red lines, but this is whining about other people and not talking football. Many times it escalates from here and does cross lines. Leave it alone. Report and/ignore. Move on.
This thread isn't about football and I didn't start it (the thread). I sure hope that is nowhere near "crossing a red line"

I will say it takes balls to come at people by screen name directly in a thread specifically about not doing that with big boss man around. I respect that.

I think it's time for Cunningham to say 1 nice thing about me now.
If you think this thread was an invitation to talk about other Froobs, you are mistaken. You’ve been banned for bad behavior before. If I were you, I’d take this seriously. If you care about staying here, that is. You are one of the bigger offenders of making things personal around here and that behavior is going to be scrutinized moving forward. So be aware of that.

It would also be fine and you and him just ignored each other.
Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:13 pm

In this case, neither you nor Cunningham crossed any red lines, but this is whining about other people and not talking football. Many times it escalates from here and does cross lines. Leave it alone. Report and/ignore. Move on.
This thread isn't about football and I didn't start it (the thread). I sure hope that is nowhere near "crossing a red line"

I will say it takes balls to come at people by screen name directly in a thread specifically about not doing that with big boss man around. I respect that.

If you think this thread was an invitation to talk about other Froobs, you are mistaken. You’ve been banned for bad behavior before. If I were you, I’d take this seriously. If you care about staying here, that is. You are one of the bigger offenders of making things personal around here and that behavior is going to be scrutinized moving forward. So be aware of that.

Hey man, I'm not trying to overstep here, but this puzzles me. Cunningham multiple times throws out baseless claims - hell he even admits he hasn't been here much last couple months (which he hasn't) which makes his claims even more silly since he hasnt even been here. He is the ONLY guy besides The Psycho in the thread who attacked rubes (mainly directed at me) in the very thread trying to stop this type of garbage. So why is he not called out yet Coach is?

Again, I appreciate this new stance and will do my part, but that to me was more egregious than anything Coach said. Just my two cents.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

In all honesty if you banned me again for little to no reason such as this I would just be gone. You are going way overboard on a serious power trip. I did nothing wrong in this thread not about football that I didn't create. I got banned for a week by you for calling 2 posters "dummies" that searched through my posts and started replying to stuff even outside of purple chat in order to troll and bait me. Could I have ignored them? Sure, but I also didn't think a mod on a power trip completely out of left field was going to start throwing around threats and bans over something so petty as me defending myself and throwing around the word "dummy".

I don't need this place or your constant threats so just do what you want to do.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:19 pm

Hey man, I'm not trying to overstep here, but this puzzles me. Cunningham multiple times throws out baseless claims - hell he even admits he hasn't been here much last couple months (which he hasn't) which makes his claims even more silly since he hasnt even been here. He is the ONLY guy besides The Psycho in the thread who attacked rubes (mainly directed at me) in the very thread trying to stop this type of garbage. So why is he not called out yet Coach is?

Again, I appreciate this new stance and will do my part, but that to me was more egregious than anything Coach said. Just my two cents.
How you survived this is amazing. You and The Psycho are by far the two worst offenders at this and why the moderator had to step in. You have even messaged people to attack The Psycho.

If I were you I would shut my mouth for once. You are thanking the mod for cleaning it up yet you are one of the top two or three reasons this had to happen. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:44 pm

How you survived this is amazing. You and The Psycho are by far the two worst offenders at this and why the moderator had to step in. You have even messaged people to attack The Psycho.

If I were you I would shut the fuck up and tuck your tail between your legs. You are thanking the mod for cleaning it up yet you are one of the top two or three reasons this had to happen. :lol:
:roll:
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:47 pm

If I were you I would shut the fuck up and tuck your tail between your legs. You are thanking the mod for cleaning it up yet you are one of the top two or three reasons this had to happen. :lol:
Say what you want. I haven’t been here and am not involved. I’ve been saying it for week’s haven’t I? Funny, it finally came to someone’s attention.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Say what you want. I haven’t been here and am not involved. I’ve been saying it for week’s haven’t I? Funny, it finally came to someone’s attention.
I was just marking your end of the deal there. I really don't care.

Everyone on this board is guilty of giving and taking some shit. It's part of the bickering of a fan base. When you start solely targeting people, and you are a 10th iteration of the same guy targeting the same guy- I get that needs to end. I feel that person is gone now.

I've given you shit and you've given it back. That's okay. I've never reported you, either. Same with Tice. I gave him plenty of shit and he's given it back. There is an ignore feature built into this code for a reason.

You aren't just going to force everyone to get along always.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:01 pm

Everyone on this board is guilty of giving and taking some shit. It's part of the bickering of a fan base. When you start solely targeting people, and you are a 10th iteration of the same guy targeting the same guy- I get that needs to end. I feel that person is gone now.

I've given you shit and you've given it back. That's okay. I've never reported you, either. Same with Tice. I gave him plenty of shit and he's given it back. There is an ignore feature built into this code for a reason.

There is a difference with bickering and having some fun and taking this way too serious.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:15 pm

There is a difference with bickering and having some fun and taking this way too serious.
Honest question. Where is that line drawn? Has there been ANYTHING on record within my takes that have come out wrong you haven't called me out for? Doesn't seem like it, but I don't care. Please do.

The stuff between the other 2 exclusively was borderline creepy. I was joking around but it was next level stuff. One guy I don't think was even a fan of the team just enjoyed the toxic interactions. Call me whatever you want, but I have always been to a fault a defender of this squad. I bleed purple, period. Bring it on when we lose. That's fine.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:20 pm

Honest question. Where is that line drawn? Has there been ANYTHING on record within my takes that have come out wrong you haven't called me out for? Doesn't seem like it, but I don't care. Please do.

The stuff between the other 2 exclusively was borderline creepy. I was joking around but it was next level stuff. One guy I don't think was even a fan of the team just enjoyed the toxic interactions. Call me whatever you want, but I have always been to a fault a defender of this squad. I bleed purple, period. Bring it on when we lose. That's fine.
I didn’t bring you up exclusively.

I just think if you were going to hand out a ban, both the two you are referring to should have got equal repercussions.

I’m not going to comment on this anymore though.

Have a good New Years.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Charles Bronson

I called out both equally. I quoted coach guy because that was the last post in the string of comments I was highlighting. Here's the quote:

So that's both Cunningham and coach guy equally. Coach guy took it upon himself to press the matter. So I responded. If Cunningham did the same, I'd respond similarly. Maybe he will. Maybe not. Hopefully, he looks at this as a good time for a reset.

I want to make this next point perfectly clear. I am not here to clean up old messes. I'm not here to adjudicate beefs between Froobs. I am here to lay down a hammer on bad behavior moving forward.

I also do not promise or pretend that I will be perfect and that everyone will like it. Think of it like getting pulled over on the road by a cop. Sure, maybe 10 other people were also speeding, but that's not an excuse for you speeding too. Cops don't catch all the speeders and I won't catch all the misbehavior. Good reporting will help. But it won't be perfect and perfection is not my goal, honestly. Just be an adult and you should be fine.
Charles Bronson

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:41 pm

In all honesty if you banned me again for little to no reason such as this I would just be gone. You are going way overboard on a serious power trip. I did nothing wrong in this thread not about football that I didn't create. I got banned for a week by you for calling 2 posters "dummies" that searched through my posts and started replying to stuff even outside of purple chat in order to troll and bait me. Could I have ignored them? Sure, but I also didn't think a mod on a power trip completely out of left field was going to start throwing around threats and bans over something so petty as me defending myself and throwing around the word "dummy".

I don't need this place or your constant threats so just do what you want to do.
Don't minimize. You did not call people "dummies" This was you the last time I banned you:
Quit being a triggered sensitive pussy and it woudn't matter.
I do what I want bitch tits
This behavior is unacceptable here.

If you don't like my moderation style, leave. If you want to stay, and I welcome that because you do offer good football takes, then modify your behavior.
Charles Bronson

If I were you I would shut my mouth for once. You are thanking the mod for cleaning it up yet you are one of the top two or three reasons this had to happen. :lol:
You do quite a lot of what I'm talking about as well. I know you're a quasi-bit and that's part of the gimmick. Sometimes it has it's appeal, but you need to knock this off too.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:03 pm

Don't minimize. You did not call people "dummies" This was you the last time I banned you:

If you don't like my moderation style, leave. If you want to stay, and I welcome that because you do offer good football takes, then modify your behavior.
Oh that one... :lol:

I never got an explanation, and that was immediately after they bumped my posts in other areas of the board in order to bait and troll. Hates wasn't giving them enough attention at the time or something.

That week might have been worth it.

Btw thanks for saying I offer good football takes.

Charles Bronson

Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:17 pm

I never got an explanation, and that was immediately after they bumped my posts in other areas of the board in order to bait and troll. Hates wasn't giving them enough attention at the time or something.

If I didn't communicate that specifically enough about what the offense was, that is on me and I will try to do better moving forward.

I hope you stick it out and can be a chill adult about everything. It's a fun season.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:35 pm
The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:34 pm

:lol:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy
The Psycho has been banned for a month.
Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
I try to post there, but there's been a little too much white stuff to plow through.
My body, my choice.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 pm

You do quite a lot of what I'm talking about as well. I know you're a quasi-bit and that's part of the gimmick. Sometimes it has it's appeal, but you need to knock this off too.
Have a good New Years, Chuck.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Incredible. You more than anyone knows exactly what he has done and YOU could have curbed it because you know he listens to you. Never once did you help on that.

Now, you instead come here and make a truly preposterous comparison of me to him. Wow. Just wow. It's one thing for Cunningham to post some absurd comparison like that - he hasn't even been here and therefore doesn't know any better. You, however, absolutely do know. You more than anyone have witnessed the bewildering obsession he has for me, and instead of calling that out you choose to lie about me. One guy, as you very well know, has literally been banned north of 100 times and been a part of some of the the most controversial and horrible stuff ever to happen here. You compare me - I think I have one or may two 1 week timeouts in 15 years at both sites - to that? Holy balls. Yeah, we are roughly the same. How do you even say that with a straight face? :lol:

You and me have had battles, but at the same time I have defended your bit stuff and what you bring. Done that many times. I also believed you when you told us all that you were having medical issues, I then supported you and wished you well, which, by the way, should I post the PMs you sent me thanking me about that which would show what Cunningham said about me is pure false silliness? I was genuinely concerned your health issue returned. I hate for anyone to have real life big issues like that.

Don't worry, I won't post any PM because while I may be a pain in the ass and over the top sometimes I am man of character and wouldn't do scumbag shit like that. Or you know, lie about you the way you just did me. I simply don't do that.

I had respect for you. I liked the flavor you bring and the battles we had. But this and your recent stuff, just move on from me and I will do the same. Hon/mey don't play that. I don't respect phony disingenuous stuff like that. Amazing you would post this, man. Truly amazing.

We don't need any further back and forth on this. I will simply end of by saying if that medical stuff you talked about was legit, then I do sincerely hope it is behind you.
Last edited by hategreenticemase on Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
hategreenticemase

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:27 pm
Coach Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:17 pm

If I didn't communicate that specifically enough about what the offense was, that is on me and I will try to do better moving forward.

I hope you stick it out and can be a chill adult about everything. It's a fun season.
:clap:
hategreenticemase

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:00 pm

I called out both equally. I quoted coach guy because that was the last post in the string of comments I was highlighting. Here's the quote:

So that's both Cunningham and coach guy equally. Coach guy took it upon himself to press the matter. So I responded. If Cunningham did the same, I'd respond similarly. Maybe he will. Maybe not. Hopefully, he looks at this as a good time for a reset.

I want to make this next point perfectly clear. I am not here to clean up old messes. I'm not here to adjudicate beefs between Froobs. I am here to lay down a hammer on bad behavior moving forward.

I also do not promise or pretend that I will be perfect and that everyone will like it. Think of it like getting pulled over on the road by a cop. Sure, maybe 10 other people were also speeding, but that's not an excuse for you speeding too. Cops don't catch all the speeders and I won't catch all the misbehavior. Good reporting will help. But it won't be perfect and perfection is not my goal, honestly. Just be an adult and you should be fine.
Fair enough, maybe I missed the part where you got on Cunningham, I don't know, and again I'm not seeking anyone getting in trouble anyway, it just seemed some of the more egregious comments (Cunningham's) weren't called out. Again, I may have missed it.

This is all a very good thing and headed in right direction. My only issue prior has been there was no mechanism to stop insane obsessive stuff and clearly that won't be allowed going forward so that problem is no longer a problem so I am appreciative of that. That's all I ever wanted.

This place can be fun and my guess is won't need a whole of moderation now that it's established how it will be going forward. You have set clear expectations and I think that more than anything will make things better and if there are issues you will clean them up. Thank you for that.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Your subtle racial remarks go unchecked as well.

"Is it because Thielen is white" and other bigoted comments just to start ridiculous fights go unchecked. Being a terrible bit is one thing and fine, bu6 you go way too far here at times. It's been made aware to me why you will never be punished so it isn't worth it.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

AMEN!

I am not trying to attack anyone, but immediately the victim card gets pulled by the same two guys here. I am saying that the very people playing around and whining in this thread are the biggest offenders. I am not attacking Hate and calling him names. Same with Coach Guy. I am saying they are the two biggest issues here and why I don’t post here as much anymore. The insults and board bullying by them gets old.

At one point Hates ripped on Rube talking about mental health issues. Then a few weeks later he mocked him and called him out on it again. Followed by 10 threads about football with paragraphs longer than anyone here writes. It just dominates the place. The Psycho, who can become unhinged and has some very strong political beliefs gets into it with him. I feel bad for the guy, and now he got banned while Hate gets to act like this little victim.

Hate is no victim. He has called people more names here and used more inappropriate terms on people than anyone here. Period.

I like what you bring here Rube! It is fun.
witljon

Post by witljon »

His quasi-bit gimmick doesn’t appeal to me. :shrug:
Charles Bronson

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:48 am
Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:35 pm

The Psycho has been banned for a month.
Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable ;) Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
I try to post there, but there's been a little too much white stuff to plow through.
Overt drug references also will not be tolerated.

:wink:
Charles Bronson

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:17 am

Your subtle racial remarks go unchecked as well.

"Is it because Thielen is white" and other bigoted comments just to start ridiculous fights go unchecked. Being a terrible bit is one thing and fine, bu6 you go way too far here at times. It's been made aware to me why you will never be punished so it isn't worth it.
I agree that this is unnecessary. It’s not exactly what I’m on about right now. I’m way more concerned with the personal attacks and stalking behaviors of Froobs on other Froobs. I probably won’t ban Tube for things like this, but I will delete posts or possibly move threads to polichat where this kind of discussion belongs.
Charles Bronson

witljon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:06 am

His quasi-bit gimmick doesn’t appeal to me. :shrug:
It takes all kinds. Purple Chat ought to be like a Thanksgiving meal. If you don’t like cranberries, don’t eat them. There’s Turkey, ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin pie, if your palate prefers.

I am here to make sure that the person who made the cranberries doesn’t smash them in your face.

Is that fair?
Charles Bronson

All I ask is that you all be part of the solution. I understand that as time has gone by, it has been lawless and most posters have probably lashed out in ways they shouldn’t when they’ve felt attacked.

One thing you all may have to do is forget the past. If you’re score-keeping about things that have happened and feel you have a few shots you need to get in, that won’t end well for you. Consider this a fresh start. For you and for everyone. We’re attempting to move from the Wild West to civilization and to do so, it will be a lot easier if you let go of old grudges. If you insist on getting your pound of flesh on Froobs who have gotten over on you in the past, it will cost you.

I am going to try to moderate this forum so you shouldn’t feel that way as often or as severely. As I said, I will not instantly react and clean stuff up, so you might have to have some thick skin while I become aware of situations and act accordingly. I’ve been here a lot over the holidays to lay down this new paradigm, but I’ll be here a little less when work starts up again next week. I WILL check in, though. So have patience. If someone attacks you and you respond in kind, you are guilty too, in an “offsetting penalties” kind of way (though both offenders may be ejected). In Froob Chat, like in life, being mad isn’t an excuse for bad behavior. If someone is that nasty that it’s ruining your experience, report it and maybe take a break for a day rather than go back at them. The wheels of Justice move slowly, but they are… inevitable.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

:popcorn:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I miss PurpleHaze
My body, my choice.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I can't believe there's this much drama in PurpleChat. It's worse than PoliChat. :lol: