Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Attention Purple Froobs.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Charles Bronson

Attention Purple Froobs.

Post by Charles Bronson »

Football is a tough follow on a message board because there’s only one game per week. This means it’s sometimes hard to find something to talk about a few days after the game is over. But we love it and crave the conversation.

Maybe that’s why a few idiots keep yammering away about each other. I’m trying to be understanding.

But that needs to end. If you don’t end it, I will.

I don’t care what you guys talk about so long as it’s football. If you want to go page after page breaking some a 2nd and 7 call in the 1 at quarter, be my guest. That’s what this forum is for. So lon gm as it’s about football in some reasonable way, shape, or form, it’s appropriate, even if I may think it’s excessive and tedious. But if you continue to talk about each other and make personal attacks, I (or another mod) will step in and end it.

Specifically, I’m taking about hates and The Psycho. But I think we all knew that. But there are other guilty parties as well.

You are all (allegedly) adults. So start acting like it. Manage yourselves or be managed.

I’ve seen from time to time Froobs lament how this board is “dead” and there’s only 3 or 4 posters here. Well, maybe if you guys weren’t assholes, more people would consider posting more frequently and we’d have more lively football discussion.

Some of you have already been privately warned. So consider this a public notice. Knock it the fuck off. You know who you are. If you somehow don’t (my god…), ask me.

I don’t hang here all day long, so don’t expect instant replies or action. But like Michael Myers, I will show up eventually.
Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance.
Charles Bronson

Re: Attention Purple Froobs.

Feel free to post your mea culpas here along with your New Year’s resolution to not be such a d-bag.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Thank God and amen.

I have been asking for mutual ignoring for months. It will happen from my side.

My apologies for when I've let shit get to me and then causing any annoyance on the board.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

I never said anything today. The guy starts shit daily. And then claims to be a victim. Just look at his psychotic rant. Talks about himself in the 3rd person. Never just does what he claims to do. There's a Foe feature. All he has to do is put me on it. It's not that hard to figure out.

I've reported it.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

:lol: Eat my ass ! Abe!
Charles Bronson

The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:22 pm I never said anything today. The guy starts shit daily. And then claims to be a victim. Just look at his psychotic rant. Talks about himself in the 3rd person. Never just does what he claims to do. There's a Foe feature. All he has to do is put me on it. It's not that hard to figure out.

I've reported it.
Hates did call you out in the O’Neil thread and he shouldn’t have. He has apologized in this thread. But you are absolutely 100% as guilty as him. If you don’t realize that you will not last here very long.

Copy?
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

All I will say is one of the two have admittedly created an unknown amount of bits in order to continue dialogue with the other party. Why that's allowed I don't know. There are my 2 cents.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
Charles Bronson

Coach Guy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:28 pm All I will say is one of the two have admittedly created an unknown amount of bits in order to continue dialogue with the other party. Why that's allowed I don't know. There are my 2 cents.
I’m not on bit patrol.

If bits become a problem, I’ll address that.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:27 pm
The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:22 pm I never said anything today. The guy starts shit daily. And then claims to be a victim. Just look at his psychotic rant. Talks about himself in the 3rd person. Never just does what he claims to do. There's a Foe feature. All he has to do is put me on it. It's not that hard to figure out.

I've reported it.
Hates did call you out in the O’Neil thread and he shouldn’t have. He has apologized in this thread. But you are absolutely 100% as guilty as him. If you don’t realize that you will not last here very long.

Copy?
Yeah. He gets away with shot after shot. He knows he does it. Then ignores it for a few days and starts in again. He was told not to do it.

Ignoring me (supposedly) 95% of the time is not ignoring me.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Coach Guy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:28 pm All I will say is one of the two have admittedly created an unknown amount of bits in order to continue dialogue with the other party. Why that's allowed I don't know. There are my 2 cents.
I have no bits. Hates doesn't need your help. You are part of the problem.
Charles Bronson

The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm

I've reported it.

Copy?
Yeah. He gets away with shot after shot. He knows he does it. Then ignores it for a few days and starts in again. He was told not to do it.

Don’t play the victim. It won’t work.
Charles Bronson

I have no bits. Hates doesn't need your help. You are part of the problem.
That didn’t take long.

Bye.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:33 pm

Copy?

:lol:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:17 pm Football is a tough follow on a message board because there’s only one game per week. This means it’s sometimes hard to find something to talk about a few days after the game is over. But we love it and crave the conversation.

Maybe that’s why a few idiots keep yammering away about each other. I’m trying to be understanding.

But that needs to end. If you don’t end it, I will.

I don’t care what you guys talk about so long as it’s football. If you want to go page after page breaking some a 2nd and 7 call in the 1 at quarter, be my guest. That’s what this forum is for. So lon gm as it’s about football in some reasonable way, shape, or form, it’s appropriate, even if I may think it’s excessive and tedious. But if you continue to talk about each other and make personal attacks, I (or another mod) will step in and end it.

Specifically, I’m taking about hates and The Psycho. But I think we all knew that. But there are other guilty parties as well.

You are all (allegedly) adults. So start acting like it. Manage yourselves or be managed.

I’ve seen from time to time Froobs lament how this board is “dead” and there’s only 3 or 4 posters here. Well, maybe if you guys weren’t assholes, more people would consider posting more frequently and we’d have more lively football discussion.

Some of you have already been privately warned. So consider this a public notice. Knock it the fuck off. You know who you are. If you somehow don’t (my god…), ask me.

I don’t hang here all day long, so don’t expect instant replies or action. But like Michael Myers, I will show up eventually.
Damn right, Charles. This place has become insufferable.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Charles Bronson

The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:34 pm

The Psycho has been banned for a month.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:31 pm
I’m not on bit patrol.

IMO this already is THE problem. He is in his own words known and "from the old dawn" yet this current account was created Feb '22. Bits are the #1 issue on this board in general and I get that it's hard to police that, but this one doesn't even deny who they are.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

All we need is Rube tube to show up to create the Tard Trifecta!
Charles Bronson

Coach Guy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:36 pm
I’m not on bit patrol.

IMO this already is THE problem. He is in his own words known and "from the old dawn" yet this current account was created Feb '22. Bits are the #1 issue on this board in general and I get that it's hard to police that, but this one doesn't even deny who they are.
Part of the solution involves self-discipline on the part of the posters who want to have a nice forum. Don’t give attention-seekers the reaction they want. Report, ignore, and move on.

The board will be better if people do that.

As I said, I’m not here 24/7, but I will clean shit up eventually if he comes back as a bit and does the same stuff. You guys have to do your part in the meantime.

Report, ignore, move on.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:39 pm

I’m not on bit patrol.

Part of the solution involves self-discipline on the part of the posters who want to have a nice forum. Don’t give attention-seekers the reaction they want. Report, ignore, and move on.

As I said, I’m not here 24/7, but I will clean shit up eventually if he comes back as a bit and does the same stuff. You guys have to do your part in the meantime.

Report, ignore, move on.
:thumbsup:

Thank you

Charles Bronson

Jaamz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:36 pm All we need is Rube tube to show up to create the Tard Trifecta!
One down…
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Jaamz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:36 pm All we need is Rube tube to show up to create the Tard Trifecta!
Naw, I’ve been out of here for most of the time because of the crap going on.

It’s too bad it’s just The Psycho who always seems to get the boot when there are other offenders here constantly poking at others.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:39 pm

I’m not on bit patrol.

Report, ignore, move on.
Just to clarify what coach is saying, I think it's being misunderstood - it's not bits in this situation. The Psycho is The Psycho, he has never hid that. I don't think he created bits like Sergeant Rubetube and others do. He would go off, typically get banned after 2-3 weeks, and then had to come back as a new screen name. It wasn't a bit. He would then get outed, wouldn't even deny it, and get banned again for new stuff. The ONLY thing that changed this is last Jan Abe getting mad and letting wild wild west happen. This tenure is easily the longest he has ever had without getting perm banned. Anyway, just wanted to clarify.

For the record I wasn't looking for him to be banned and don't care at all if he is here or not - I just wanted the obsession to stop. Yes, at times I got pissed and stopped ignoring and that's on me, but it's the obsessive every day stuff that is hard to take.

Thanks for the effort.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Charles Bronson

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
He’s gone from Froob Chat.

Upon his return, encourage him to follow the rules.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:50 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 pm

He’s gone from Froob Chat.

Upon his return, encourage him to follow the rules.
10-4
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Charles Bronson

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:43 pm
Naw, I’ve been out of here for most of the time because of the crap going on.

It’s too bad it’s just The Psycho who always seems to get the boot when there are other offenders here constantly poking at others.
I had every intention of giving everyone the same warning and the same clean slate moving forward. The Psycho then called out a Froob in a thread in which I am specifically telling Froobs not to do that.

So he’s gone for now. He’ll be back before the Super Bowl. Hopefully, he’ll follow the rules and stick around.
Charles Bronson

Any more questions? Logging off for a bit soon. Be back later.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

My O'Neill thread was a legit question.. it was probably answered... but anytime a player has a high cap number it begs the question.. is he worth it... could he be traded for assets. How much of a down grade are you willing to take.

I don't post in purple chat much.. but my take is most people on here can't think outside the box. Just black and white.. no grey area up for discussion. I am willing ti listen to different ideas.

I'd come on purple chat more.. but some of you are like aren't very welcoming. Have the same debate over and over.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mankatobjr wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:50 pm My O'Neill thread was a legit question.. it was probably answered... but anytime a player has a high cap number it begs the question.. is he worth it... could he be traded for assets. How much of a down grade are you willing to take.

I don't post in purple chat much.. but my take is most people on here can't think outside the box. Just black and white.. no grey area up for discussion. I am willing ti listen to different ideas.

I'd come on purple chat more.. but some of you are like aren't very welcoming. Have the same debate over and over.
Don’t worry, Jober. There are just a few here ruining it for everyone. You have some “Fresh” takes.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

It was time. The endless bickering back and forth between them was tiring. Hopefully civility can find its way back