Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Attention Purple Froobs.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
PurpleFloyd

Re: Attention Purple Froobs.

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Justin Kase wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:07 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:35 pm I'm fine with some light dome-pumping but not that never-ending The Psycho/Cookie insanity shit.
SpeedyudJminn vs Cookie was some crazy shit. Is Cookie still here? Is he hates?
:thinking:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Justin Kase wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:05 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:51 am
Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:57 am

JCVD and I have discussed this and The Psycho will be let out for Wild Chat only. We agree that he’s been reasonable there. So long as that continues, he can post there. Not here.
Thanks Charles!! Come join us sometime during a Wild game!
Geezus!!!! 😂 I just read through this thread, as I saw reference to it in Wild Chat……

Having not come around this place in years, I honestly didn’t know who The Psycho was. I some some things in Wild Chat, but mostly just some obsessions that got a little crazy with certain players, although we agreed on some, disagreed on others. He was actually pretty good to have around there.

I remember from way back in the old, old, old? Dawn….. the Speedyud/The Psycho vs cookie battles…. Didn’t he threaten to track down cookie at a game once?

Any way, glad I’m up to speed on this….. carry on!
The Psycho was always on the edge and his obsession with Dumba seemed a bit over the top, but I enjoyed having him contribute to the Wild thread and maybe he'll show up again under another name?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:35 pm I'm fine with some light dome-pumping but not that never-ending The Psycho/Cookie insanity shit.
Way, way, way beyond crazy. Legendary, crazy ass shit. I believe they both posted private shit about the other here. Ridiculous and reprehensible type shit.

No, ffs, I certainly am not fucking Corkie. :lol:

Among his many obsessions one was that Zim Jr’s 47th Chromosome was Cookie from old dawn (and before that "bros before shiancoes", same guy, he, like The Psycho, was constantly banned and needing to come back with a new account)) Zims chromo used to adamantly deny being cookie.

I never knew if it really was him or not, he himself was like a softer version of The Psycho - same in terms of he was over the top obsessed with him, would never let it go, kept getting banned almost 1-2 times per month like The Psycho was and 90% of their posting was about the other. But he wasn't as vile or crazy. He was actually good for me as I was second fiddle, The Psycho always obsessed on him before me, which, btw, was how it was in old dawn also. I had battles with The Psycho in old dawn but very infrequent as I knew to ignore him and of course because it was him vs cookie non stop.

Honestly I thought he may have been Corkie as he talked similarly to how I remember Corkie did, but I can't say for sure. I used to occasionally call him Corkie also as it riled him up and was fun, but I liked him more than I disliked him but the obsession shit made the board unreadable.

I have had one screen name - this one - for going on 15 plus years. I'm glad the shit finally got stopped, it's been fun here without the nonsense. I would, however, like to know whatever happened to zims chromo, it's been a long time since he was here.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:09 am
Way, way, way beyond crazy. Legendary, crazy ass shit. I believe they both posted private shit about the other here. Ridiculous and reprehensible type shit.

Among his many obsessions one was that Zim Jr’s 47th Chromosome was Cookie from old dawn (and before that "bros before shiancoes", same guy, he, like The Psycho, was constantly banned and needing to come back with a new account)) Zims chromo used to adamantly deny being cookie.

I never knew if it really was him or not, he himself was like a softer version of The Psycho - same in terms of he was over the top obsessed with him, would never let it go, kept getting banned almost 1-2 times per month like The Psycho was and 90% of their posting was about the other. But he wasn't as vile or crazy. He was actually good for me as I was second fiddle, The Psycho always obsessed on him before me, which, btw, was how it was in old dawn also. I had battles with The Psycho in old dawn but very infrequent as I knew to ignore him and of course because it was him vs cookie non stop.

Honestly I thought he may have been Corkie as he talked similarly to how I remember Corkie did, but I can't say for sure. I used to occasionally call him Corkie also as it riled him up and was fun, but I liked him more than I disliked him but the obsession shit made the board unreadable.

I have had one screen name - this one - for going on 15 plus years. I'm glad the shit finally got stopped, it's been fun here without the nonsense. I would, however, like to know whatever happened to zims chromo, it's been a long time since he was here.
I didn’t think you were Corkie, but I couldn’t figure out his obsession with you, he had laser focus on Cookie way back then. (Well, that and three sizes of pizza)

As I said, I remember you from way back, as far back as I can remember (in Rube years). I had a couple years posting under the name JF Kennedy or something like that, then changed to this name when one of the “new dawns” wiped everything out.
hategreenticemase

Justin Kase wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:51 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:09 am

I didn’t think you were Corkie, but I couldn’t figure out his obsession with you, he had laser focus on Cookie way back then. (Well, that and three sizes of pizza)

As I said, I remember you from way back, as far back as I can remember (in Rube years). I had a couple years posting under the name JF Kennedy or something like that, then changed to this name when one of the “new dawns” wiped everything out.
Trust me, there is no figuring out the obsession. It truly is a mystery of God how a grown man can be so obsessed with another man he doesnt even know in person. :lol:

For almost the entirety of my time at old dawn, and most of first 3-4 years here I only interacted with him sporadically. One could see the constant non stop shit with Cookie and so I (and selected others) just did hit and miss interactions as we damn sure didnt want that fricken drama. But, because I was so familiar with his nonsense when I did take some shots, I would embarrass and expose the bleep out of him so that is mostly why he started hating me - it drove him nuts. But, with Corkie was his main target, I didnt have to deal with being his full-time obsession.

Once Corkie was gone, or recently once the guy he thought was Corky was gone, holy fuck. It was incredible, non-stop no matter what I did, and could not get him to just move on. Like I have said in this thread, I own my guilt in this - I should have just completely ignored and disregarded anything he did. In fact, I did that, but common sense would tell he would bore of it and move on, but shit, I could completely ignore for 2 weeks and still every day half his damn posts would be about me. I did try to arrange a mutual ignoring and he simply wouldn't do it. But again, I know better, and I should have just completely ignored him so I own part of the issue for sure.

Anyway, things are calmed down and been good here. Its good to be able to shoot the shit on the purple, and to have a good team to talk about. Of course, that could be circling the bowl too, after Sundays performance! :mrgreen:
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:17 pm Football is a tough follow on a message board because there’s only one game per week. This means it’s sometimes hard to find something to talk about a few days after the game is over. But we love it and crave the conversation.

Maybe that’s why a few idiots keep yammering away about each other. I’m trying to be understanding.

But that needs to end. If you don’t end it, I will.

I don’t care what you guys talk about so long as it’s football. If you want to go page after page breaking some a 2nd and 7 call in the 1 at quarter, be my guest. That’s what this forum is for. So lon gm as it’s about football in some reasonable way, shape, or form, it’s appropriate, even if I may think it’s excessive and tedious. But if you continue to talk about each other and make personal attacks, I (or another mod) will step in and end it.

Specifically, I’m taking about hates and The Psycho. But I think we all knew that. But there are other guilty parties as well.

You are all (allegedly) adults. So start acting like it. Manage yourselves or be managed.

I’ve seen from time to time Froobs lament how this board is “dead” and there’s only 3 or 4 posters here. Well, maybe if you guys weren’t assholes, more people would consider posting more frequently and we’d have more lively football discussion.

Some of you have already been privately warned. So consider this a public notice. Knock it the fuck off. You know who you are. If you somehow don’t (my god…), ask me.

I don’t hang here all day long, so don’t expect instant replies or action. But like Michael Myers, I will show up eventually.
Your work is done here.

You have created a “Kinder, Gentler” Purple Chat.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:33 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:17 pm Football is a tough follow on a message board because there’s only one game per week. This means it’s sometimes hard to find something to talk about a few days after the game is over. But we love it and crave the conversation.

Maybe that’s why a few idiots keep yammering away about each other. I’m trying to be understanding.

I don’t care what you guys talk about so long as it’s football. If you want to go page after page breaking some a 2nd and 7 call in the 1 at quarter, be my guest. That’s what this forum is for. So lon gm as it’s about football in some reasonable way, shape, or form, it’s appropriate, even if I may think it’s excessive and tedious. But if you continue to talk about each other and make personal attacks, I (or another mod) will step in and end it.

Specifically, I’m taking about hates and The Psycho. But I think we all knew that. But there are other guilty parties as well.

You are all (allegedly) adults. So start acting like it. Manage yourselves or be managed.

I’ve seen from time to time Froobs lament how this board is “dead” and there’s only 3 or 4 posters here. Well, maybe if you guys weren’t assholes, more people would consider posting more frequently and we’d have more lively football discussion.

Some of you have already been privately warned. So consider this a public notice. Knock it the fuck off. You know who you are. If you somehow don’t (my god…), ask me.

I don’t hang here all day long, so don’t expect instant replies or action. But like Michael Myers, I will show up eventually.
Your work is done here.

Second!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:01 am

Your work is done here.

Second!
Third. Butt what the hell took so long to do some gentle moderation?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Charles Bronson

Post by Charles Bronson »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:01 am
Your work is done here.

Second!
Third. Butt what the hell took so long to do some gentle moderation?
All I did was lay down expectations and ban a guy or two.

What took you all so long to be adults? ;)

Anyway, kudos to you all for making this place a better forum.
Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:36 pmWhat took you all so long to be adults? ;)
We were enjoying our adolescences….
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Jaamz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:24 pm :lol: Eat my ass ! Abe!
Here I am, just minding my own damn business...
I made this!
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:32 pm
Jaamz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:24 pm :lol: Eat my ass ! Abe!
Here I am, just minding my own damn business...
:lol:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:33 pm
Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:49 am We had 25-30 registered users during the game yesterday and another 25-30 guests reading the thread. The forum was a little slow. Next step is to speed it up.
Well placed newds?
:shock:
Where are we at with this?
Is there a plan for when to drop in the yeah baby's or is it at JCVD's discretion?
I'm trying to plan my day, so any insights would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Ketchup can be nuancy
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Charles Bronson wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:20 pm
BigInflateable wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:49 pm
Sarge wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:08 pm I applaud all efforts to reduce the 4th grade booger fights.

Unless it involves the Packers.
This couldn't be any more of a fact! Some days it's like I stumbled into a Facebook chat with highschool dropouts.
If it were less like that, do you think more folks would post in here?

That’s my goal.

Yes, that's why I don't post much more at all. I've been around for decades back to the old site. Who the fuck wants to come on a Football board and read nothing bit thread killing teenage girl spats?? Also, too many rubes try to one up each other as if there's some sort of online badge of honor associated with a conversation win.

There's been soooo many great posters who've left. 😔
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I thought Corkie was back and his new bit was revealed awhile back but I can't say 100%. Dont want to speculate the name in case I'm wrong.
hategreenticemase

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:41 am I thought Corkie was back and his new bit was revealed awhile back but I can't say 100%. Dont want to speculate the name in case I'm wrong.
Obsessed boy was convinced that Zims chromo was Cookie. He was bros before shiancoes also. Was he Cookie? I honestly don't know. I called him Corkie a few times just because it riled him up but honestly I don't know if he was - he was extremely adamant he wasn't.

I don't know how long ago it's been, but he just disappeared. No clue what happened to him, but I'd like to know.
Charles Bronson

Tuck ya in wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 pm
BigInflateable wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:49 pm

This couldn't be any more of a fact! Some days it's like I stumbled into a Facebook chat with highschool dropouts.

That’s my goal.

Yes, that's why I don't post much more at all. I've been around for decades back to the old site. Who the fuck wants to come on a Football board and read nothing bit thread killing teenage girl spats?? Also, too many rubes try to one up each other as if there's some sort of online badge of honor associated with a conversation win.

Well, I welcome you back to the board. I hope you find it more to your liking now. The more posters, the better.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Charles Bronson wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:21 pm

That’s my goal.

Well, I welcome you back to the board. I hope you find it more to your liking now. The more posters, the better.
I appreciate your efforts.
Charles Bronson

Tuck ya in wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:25 pm

PM me or report any concerns. I'm not here 24/7, so don't expect an instant response. But I will respond.

Enjoy your froobin'!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Charles Bronson wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:03 pm

PM me or report any concerns. I'm not here 24/7, so don't expect an instant response. But I will respond.

Enjoy your froobin'!
Maybe we should have a spring picnic now that we’re all chummy.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Enjoy your froobin'!
It’s already a much better site.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:10 am

Enjoy your froobin'!
It’s already a much better site.
Exactly.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Since we exiled the cancer and are getting new blood we could certainly use a new member thread or something
Bunker Inspector

Post by Bunker Inspector »

Fire Donatello

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Charles Bronson

Okay. So now begins the winter of our discontent. Make sure while you are blasting your favorite scapegoat for the loss, do not blast people who disagree about that particular scapegoat.

Play nice.
Charles Bronson

There have been some what I would consider "petty" reports made on posters. I will not name who or who they were about.

But this is a football forum. Your old posts and takes may be brought up. It happens. When it does, just own them if they're bad and move on.

If you consider bumping or bringing up old takes, that's fair game. But do so without name-calling and disrespect. And do it and then move on. Don't dwell on them. Name-calling and excessive stalker-ish behavior will result in consequences.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Please no more bend over hammock thong pics, haven’t complained yet but that’s uncalled for. It’s pretty gross. Please find a new hobby.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Surprised I've escaped punishment thus far. I thank you Chuck.

I will make it a point to be nicer to the subtle bigots who post terrible takes.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
hategreenticemase

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:30 am Surprised I've escaped punishment thus far. I thank you Chuck.

I will make it a point to be nicer to the subtle BIGOT who post terrible trolling attempts.
Fixed. Oh, and :lol:
Charles Bronson

Everyone still getting along and playing nice?