Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Attention Purple Froobs.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Charles Bronson

Re: Attention Purple Froobs.

Post by Charles Bronson »

Hornets wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:35 pm
The Psycho wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:34 pm

:lol:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy
The Psycho has been banned for a month.
Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
JCVD and I have discussed this and The Psycho will be let out for Wild Chat only. We agree that he’s been reasonable there. So long as that continues, he can post there. Not here.
Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance.
Charles Bronson

Today will be an interesting test. I plan to pop into the gamethread from time to time. I don’t anticipate making a huge splash unless I have to. Gentle reminders when things get out of hand. That sort of thing.

Let’s go beat the cheese… together!
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:59 am Today will be an interesting test. I plan to pop into the gamethread from time to time. I don’t anticipate making a huge splash unless I have to. Gentle reminders when things get out of hand. That sort of thing.

Just take care of business today and fn end that piece of shits season. I couldnt care less how we play, what the score is, how we win, just go Al Davis it - ie "JUST WIN, BABY"!

It would be nice if Aints pulled off an upset and at least forced Eagles to perhaps bring back Hurts early next week or if Niners get upset (almost no chance with Carr now benched), but I am happy if we get the W today, period.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:59 am Today will be an interesting test. I plan to pop into the gamethread from time to time. I don’t anticipate making a huge splash unless I have to. Gentle reminders when things get out of hand. That sort of thing.

:beer: :drinky:
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

This message board is run like a high school clique.

The moderators have to use fake names to hide behind to protect their friends in the clique.

They never hold their friends in the clique accountable.

If you disagree with the clique, they call you a bit.

I bet twgerber still has the ability to post a new thread unlike me and he is in prison for being a sexual predator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Oscar wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:48 am This message board is run like a high school clique.

The moderators have to use fake names to hide behind to protect their friends in the clique.

They never hold their friends in the clique accountable.

If you disagree with the clique, they call you a bit.

I bet twgerber still has the ability to post a new thread unlike me and he is in prison for being a sexual predator.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to see you back Mr grouch!
"You can tweet that."
BigInflateable

Post by BigInflateable »

Lol, I'm sure our collective fandom will resonate with the Packahs. They'll definitely feel the scary vibes throughout the sidelines that froob chat reigns down on them!
"You can tweet that."
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I'm seriously amazed that more posters can't just stfu even after Charles' efforts have been made ckear.

Admittedly I'm far from a saint, but I rarely drag shit on and have buried the hatchet with a few out there.

No one cares what your explanation is regarding your behavior- time to move forward.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:57 am
Charles Bronson wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:35 pm

The Psycho has been banned for a month.
Charles is The Psycho banned from all of rube chat or just Purple chat? If he's banned everywhere then we'll be down to only 2 reliable Wild chat posters, Justin Case and me.....
JCVD and I have discussed this and The Psycho will be let out for Wild Chat only. We agree that he’s been reasonable there. So long as that continues, he can post there. Not here.
Thanks Charles!! Come join us sometime during a Wild game!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Nailed it :pissed:
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

All joking aside I support Charles's stance 100%

Only thing I would say is posters should pull on your big boy pants and not get triggered by every little thing.
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

The Psycho wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:06 pm
The Psycho wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:02 pm Just like I said. Niners get the 2 seed. Vikings are frauds. Homers are utterly clueless.
I asked that you be restablished here so you could talk Wild. What have you done? Well, you made this stupid post not about the Wild. You created a new account that will never be allowd to post. If I see one more misstep I'm banning you permanently and forever. Yore call.
redacted
LOL, The Psycho losing it in wild chat.
hategreenticemase

MN Mediocrity wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:34 pm
The Psycho wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:06 pm

I asked that you be restablished here so you could talk Wild. What have you done? Well, you made this stupid post not about the Wild. You created a new account that will never be allowd to post. If I see one more misstep I'm banning you permanently and forever. Yore call.
redacted
Incredible. The irony is I had absolutely nothing to do with it to begin with, in fact, I even said I don't care if he comes back early so long as the crazy obsessing stops.

Bizarre, needless shit.

PS. How ironic is that the good behavior by all the rubes here the last few days was rewarded with absolute pathetic Viking performance today? Good Lord today sucked.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

I think every rube agrees the Vikings played terrible today.
hategreenticemase

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:13 pm I think every rube agrees the Vikings played terrible today.
Awful coaching and preparation, awful QB play, awful special teams play and a no show day overall.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

MN Mediocrity wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:34 pm

My God, that's psychotic. Over a sports forum too.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Charles Bronson

Norn_Iron wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:57 pm

Nailed it :pissed:
Sorry. :oops:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I will say The Psycho clearly cares or he wouldn't become so emotional nor have gone through at least 3 different logins during his tenure. Too bad because I liked his Wild input outside of his obsession with Dumba.
Charles Bronson

The board did well today. No snarky attacks, from what I saw. Good job.

If the Vikings performed as well, we’d be talking about knocking the packers out of the playoffs. Dammit.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:38 pm The board did well today. No snarky attacks, from what I saw. Good job.

If the Vikings performed as well, we’d be talking about knocking the packers out of the playoffs. Dammit.
The rest of this place isn't that bad. Just the same two people's bullshit that's carried over from the old dawn.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

The bickering is annoying because spirited posters have to scroll past a bunch of keyboard diarrhea to get to conversion about the thread's topic. I never read that stuff; I just assume they're bots, mucking up the board. Having to sift through pages of lame bickering just to search for a real response or some foreshadowed point/take made in the past is nonsense and a waste of time.

The reason this board is "dead" is because Twitter made Froobs lose their imaginations and become lazy with their Vikings takes. They just 'Mr.-Potato-Head' something they see on Twitter or Reddit by taking someone else's full premise and making a slight deviation to it and pasting it here as their own. (Exact same on Polichat) I know this isn't what homeboy is talking about but is the reason we're not sniffing the Golden Age of Purple Chat anymore.

Get out of the hivemind of algorithmic sports takes, and do some investigative "work" while at work, and post some good shit you came up with yourself. Post something people in other forums have to come HERE to read, that they can't get anywhere else. Then start to notice it's YOUR unique take that gets plagiarized and "Mr.-Potato-Headed" somewhere else.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Charles Bronson

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:01 pm
Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:38 pm The board did well today. No snarky attacks, from what I saw. Good job.

The rest of this place isn't that bad. Just the same two people's bullshit that's carried over from the old dawn.
I hope that's true.

One problem has been delt with. Hopefully any other trouble-makers have gotten the message and have decided they'd rather stay.

This can be a good forum. There's a lot of folks with passion and some football knowledge that frequent this corner of the interwebz.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:01 pm

Way better than KFAN days.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Jean Claude Van Damme

Post by Jean Claude Van Damme »

We had 25-30 registered users during the game yesterday and another 25-30 guests reading the thread. The forum was a little slow. Next step is to speed it up.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

:lol:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:49 am We had 25-30 registered users during the game yesterday and another 25-30 guests reading the thread. The forum was a little slow. Next step is to speed it up.
Well placed newds?
:shock:
Ketchup can be nuancy
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Jean Claude Van Damme wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:49 am We had 25-30 registered users during the game yesterday and another 25-30 guests reading the thread. The forum was a little slow. Next step is to speed it up.
Some snarky comment about making it for “onlyfans” seems appropriate. :thinking: :lol:
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

I'm fine with some light dome-pumping but not that never-ending The Psycho/Cookie insanity shit.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hornets wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:51 am
Charles Bronson wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:57 am

Thanks Charles!! Come join us sometime during a Wild game!
Geezus!!!! 😂 I just read through this thread, as I saw reference to it in Wild Chat……

Having not come around this place in years, I honestly didn’t know who The Psycho was. I some some things in Wild Chat, but mostly just some obsessions that got a little crazy with certain players, although we agreed on some, disagreed on others. He was actually pretty good to have around there.

I remember from way back in the old, old, old? Dawn….. the Speedyud/The Psycho vs cookie battles…. Didn’t he threaten to track down cookie at a game once?

Any way, glad I’m up to speed on this….. carry on!
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:35 pm I'm fine with some light dome-pumping but not that never-ending The Psycho/Cookie insanity shit.
SpeedyudJminn vs Cookie was some crazy shit. Is Cookie still here? Is he hates?