Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I was given a PS2 over 20 years ago, used it once.

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

I was given a PS2 over 20 years ago, used it once.

Post by Moses Scurry »

I ended up moving and it sat at the bottom of a box until today and the fucker works.

Is there a place to get PS2 games in town?
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: I was given a PS2 over 20 years ago, used it once.

Post by Abe Froman »

Pawn shop.
I made this!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:15 pm I ended up moving and it sat at the bottom of a box until today and the fucker works.

Is there a place to get PS2 games in town?
I've heard Level Up Games in Minneapolis has PS2 games but I've never been there. Heroic Goods & Games in South Minneapolis is where I get Super Nintendo Games so I assume they'd have PS2 games. Pawn Shops have a few games here and there.

Honestly games from that era don't hold up well at all. It's in that weird area of starting to get good graphics but not there yet.

You like really hard games, "Summoner" if I remember correctly is real tough but graphics suck ass. It's kind of a precurser to the Soulsborne games but I struggle to recommend it. It's similar to Might & Magic but more open kinda. This was also one of the PS2's first releases so they were still figuring out how to design games for PS2. It was good enough that it got a sequel though so maybe it holds up? I doubt it would though.

For mulitplayer games, I highly recommend NBA Street (my favorite basketball game of all time) & Soulcaliber 2 (1v1 side fighting game)

The Onimusha series is a slash em I highly recommend. I almost guarantee you'll like it. Also kind of a precurser to the DS stuff. The atmosphere is very similar to Sekiro but none of the verticality.

Devil May Cry is great.

GTA San Andreas is good

Everyone I know liked Okami a lot but I never got around to it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ordered a used copy of Midnight Club 3, got it last night. I originally played it on whatever Xbow was out at that time, the PS2 definitely has worse graphics. Still the best racing game I ever played.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 am Ordered a used copy of Midnight Club 3, got it last night. I originally played it on whatever Xbow was out at that time, the PS2 definitely has worse graphics. Still the best racing game I ever played.
The metal gear games that came out back then were pretty damn fun.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Silent hill 2 is awesome as well.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Pickup NCAA '09 or '10. You'll get used to the graphics again and remember how good those games used to be.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:26 am Pickup NCAA '09 or '10. You'll get used to the graphics again and remember how good those games used to be.
Yep, I'm not that concerned about graphics. I still play my old PC games and don't care.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:26 am Pickup NCAA '09 or '10. You'll get used to the graphics again and remember how good those games used to be.
Yep, I'm not that concerned about graphics. I still play my old PC games and don't care.
That's what I like about you and your indie fandom. I rag about graphics diminishing the ROI in game experience adnauseum around here.

Spring drills to make players better, you can export draft classes, you can switch FCS teams in for FBS teams at the beginning of dynasty, create-a-recruit, scouting, pipeline states, the engine is actual football simulation, there's 120+ teams. It fucking fantastic. I still don't know how Madden fell so far even though NCAA was always better.

I have 09 and 10, but I play 09 with DeSean Jackson on the cover because it allows you to recruit FB's that are higher than 3-Star. NCAA 10 with Tebow is fine but there's a glitch where there aren't any FB's you can get better than 3-Star.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 am
That's what I like about you and your indie fandom. I rag about graphics diminishing the ROI in game experience adnauseum around here.

Spring drills to make players better, you can export draft classes, you can switch FCS teams in for FBS teams at the beginning of dynasty, create-a-recruit, scouting, pipeline states, the engine is actual football simulation, there's 120+ teams. It fucking fantastic. I still don't know how Madden fell so far even though NCAA was always better.

I have 09 and 10, but I play 09 with DeSean Jackson on the cover because it allows you to recruit FB's that are higher than 3-Star. NCAA 10 with Tebow is fine but there's a glitch where there aren't any FB's you can get better than 3-Star.
I don't get it either. Was NCAA doing the MUT stuff before they stopped making them? IMO, the Madden Ultimate Team was what ruined the games for me all their resources are tied up in it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.