Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

RIP Borje Salming

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

RIP Borje Salming

Post by Hornets »

Sad to hear this legendary Maple Leaf has passed away....one of the greatest D of all time.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Re: RIP Borje Salming

Post by weimy froob »

i do remember when he came over from sweden--one of the first do it and have an impact. RIP
Spoiler:
Prior to Salming's arrival in the NHL, most North Americans considered European players too soft to play in the NHL. North American ice hockey was played in a more physical style on a smaller rink, and hockey fights were common, while European ice hockey emphasised speed and skill on a larger ice surface. NHL sources even referred to players from Sweden as "Chicken Swedes." Salming's strong performances helped to permanently eradicate that reputation.
Hornets

Re: RIP Borje Salming

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:27 pm i do remember when he came over from sweden--one of the first do it and have an impact. RIP
Spoiler:
Prior to Salming's arrival in the NHL, most North Americans considered European players too soft to play in the NHL. North American ice hockey was played in a more physical style on a smaller rink, and hockey fights were common, while European ice hockey emphasised speed and skill on a larger ice surface. NHL sources even referred to players from Sweden as "Chicken Swedes." Salming's strong performances helped to permanently eradicate that reputation.
You sure thought long and hard about this...my thread was almost a year ago! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: