Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KATs value

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kindman

KATs value

Post by kindman »

KAT and Dlo have to net us pretty good return. Naz can do most of what KAT does and there are 3 or 4 guys that can do better than Dlo.
Durant/Westbrook? Dlo to LA for 2 firsts and Westbrook, Kat and those 2 picks for Durant?
Davis/Westbrook for Kat/Dlo?

Many teams are not doing as expected and I anticipate some major trades.
Anybody got suggestions?
SHAFA

Re: KATs value

Post by SHAFA »

Everybody just wants to bail out completely after eight games?

I can understand Russell, but let’s pump the brakes on the rest.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Naz is a replacement for KAT? FFS dude. DLO doesn't have shit for trade value. He is not doing himself any favors for his next contract, that's for sure.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

but keeping Naz as a backup to Rudy could be a good plan. and right now i think the thought is that he'd leave at the end of this year instead. but he's been looking definitely alright. he's been an offensive spark - infinitely more low post moves that the Rudes - plus he can shoot the three a bit (not as good as Karl, but alright), but IMO maybe can put it on the floor better than Karl. obviously he has defensive issues - but he's no worse than Karl and his 50 million dollar contract. if we could trade Karl for a better starting PF fit - and allow us to keep naz as rudy's backup, that might be the way to go. i'm not ready to move Karl. but watching him against the Suns, good lord is my patience running thin. his defense is horrible - and will always impede our ability to move forward. i'll repeat that sending little probes the raptors way concerning Siakam isn't a bad idea.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I don’t know. If they’re already (which I don’t think they are) at the point of debating whether to deal Towns, then the Gobert trade never should’ve happened in the first place.

Gobert’s already 30. I don’t want to retool around him and Edwards. If that’s the plan, then you keep Towns, the pile of picks and the financial flexibility.

When they made that deal, it was boom or bust. You can’t walk away so soon afterwards.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

rudy's age doesn't worry me. he's a brick, and i think he'll still be doing rudy gobert stuff when he's 34. we do need to not waste time with Ant. i just wonder - REALLY wonder - if KAT is ever going to get it and become a winning player.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

DLO for not one but two firsts!

LOL!!!!

I love this place.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:36 pm I don’t know. If they’re already (which I don’t think they are) at the point of debating whether to deal Towns, then the Gobert trade never should’ve happened in the first place.

Gobert’s already 30. I don’t want to retool around him and Edwards. If that’s the plan, then you keep Towns, the pile of picks and the financial flexibility.

When they made that deal, it was boom or bust. You can’t walk away so soon afterwards.
Agreed. I think they will give this 2 seasons to try and win now and contend in the future. That means tripling down and potentially bringing in another sort of veteran win now player likely next offseason. There's no way you can cleanly cut bait with Gobert. They have to make it work. The only way is forward.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Has Rudy ever played in an offensive style of play that is more up tempo focused before? I recall those Jazz teams being bottom 5 in pace year after year. That's not what Chris Finch likes to run at all. We finished 2nd or 1st in pace last year can't remember which.

It might take time for Gobert to adjust to that pace of play.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

This place! :roll:

I don't understand. Just three weeks ago we were going to be a top 4 seed, now at 4-4 we are ready to trade one of our best players?

Problem with KAT is he's trying way too hard to make Rudy better instead of just playing with him and let Rudy play the game he's always has.
KAT is resisting the PF position because he's not comfortable there. As soon as he understands he's not a C anymore, maybe he'll embrace it.
If we are below 500. at the trade deadline, let's move on from Lo and try and salvage the season.
We can make all the threads we want, but KAT aint going anywhere.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'd trade KAT and Russell for KD and Kyrie straight up!

KAT can't get traded until after the year. He's here... I don't think Russell will be here so I am open to moving him to improve the team and focus on the offense built around KAT/Ant with Rudy focusing on defense. If the lineups need to be more Jmac/nowell/ant/kat/rudy .. ok, let's see it.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:39 am I'd trade KAT and Russell for KD and Kyrie straight up!

KAT can't get traded until after the year. He's here... I don't think Russell will be here so I am open to moving him to improve the team and focus on the offense built around KAT/Ant with Rudy focusing on defense. If the lineups need to be more Jmac/nowell/ant/kat/rudy .. ok, let's see it.
Oof.

Trade two players I don't care for, for two players I can't stand.

Banzai!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WOW....things sure have gone pear shaped in a hurry here. Just 2 weeks ago some were ordering their NBA finals tickets.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
witljon

Post by witljon »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:16 pm Everybody just wants to bail out completely after eight games?

I say sit tight and enjoy the ride
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

witljon wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:36 am
SHAFA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:16 pm Everybody just wants to bail out completely after eight games?

I say sit tight and enjoy the ride
My preferred method for watching a Wolves season play out is to just let it wash over me.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

I'm not looking to trade Kat anytime soon, but if I was it would be a separate trade from Dlo. Dlo would only hurt the return value on a Towns trade. My demands for Kat would be trades other teams wouldn't do like Cade, Bey, and the 1st pick from Detroit or Suggs, Banchero and the first pick from Orlando. Murray and Collins from Atlanta. Trades that other teams would hang the phone up on are the only trades I would consider for Towns.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ryen russillo has a piece out right now that shreds KAT. most pointedly in his inability to play D (and how opponents are now leaning into that and targeting him) - and he IMO hits the nail on the head in saying that KAT not only doesn't have great defensive instincts, he's also not athletic enough to match up with nba players. super skilled on O, but not athletic - specifically an inability to react and change direction. he recalls a predraft look at KAT he attended where one of his colleagues remarked that KAT moved really well, and russillo's response was "Yes, but only in a straight line". i've felt this way for a long time and often have caught flak for suggesting that KAT is deficient athletically. but i'll stick to it. his woes on D are not only mental, they are physical. he's a clumsy big. and as long as he's here, that's where we'll be targeted.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am i've felt this way for a long time and often have caught flak for suggesting that KAT is deficient athletically. but i'll stick to it. his woes on D are not only mental, they are physical. he's a clumsy big.
He absolutely is. Often I find myself trying to come up with someone else like him, by which I mean someone with his unique skillset who also makes you cringe by simply moving laterally. It's weird.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:26 pm Naz is a replacement for KAT? FFS dude. DLO doesn't have shit for trade value. He is not doing himself any favors for his next contract, that's for sure.
Dlo has value as an expiring contract
salamander

Post by salamander »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:21 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:54 am i've felt this way for a long time and often have caught flak for suggesting that KAT is deficient athletically. but i'll stick to it. his woes on D are not only mental, they are physical. he's a clumsy big.
He absolutely is. Often I find myself trying to come up with someone else like him, by which I mean someone with his unique skillset who also makes you cringe by simply moving laterally. It's weird.
Been saying it for years too. He is a low stamina and low endurance player.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I've been saying trade KAT since 2018.

We wouldn't be able to get a 1st for him now.

Garbage.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:47 am We wouldn't be able to get a 1st for him now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:01 am
Decker23 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:47 am We wouldn't be able to get a 1st for him now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's trash
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the truth is somewhere in the middle. Karl is getting exposed and it hasn't been a pretty look. but, no, if we were to trade Karl right now i'd expect considerably less than the 5 players and 4 picks we sent for Rudy.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

kindman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:55 pm KAT and Dlo have to net us pretty good return. Naz can do most of what KAT does and there are 3 or 4 guys that can do better than Dlo.
Durant/Westbrook? Dlo to LA for 2 firsts and Westbrook, Kat and those 2 picks for Durant?
Davis/Westbrook for Kat/Dlo?

Many teams are not doing as expected and I anticipate some major trades.
Anybody got suggestions?
You worthless shitpile.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Mnwild1128

Post by Mnwild1128 »

Kats trade value is someone like Brandon Ingram for a compareable. Solid enough. But another unproven track record and stat padder for the majority of career.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Think Sacramento or Atlanta would be interested in KAT?
Mnwild1128

Post by Mnwild1128 »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:05 pm Think Sacramento or Atlanta would be interested in KAT?
Sacramento already traded one of the few players away i truly coveted in this league in Haliburton. Not interested in Sabonis.

Okongwu and Collins for Towns? Eh. Not intriguing enough.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm saying... start with FVV and see what else in that package you could pull.

piece out this week from somebody at Heavy on the Knicks - with a trade proposal to try to land SGA. i think it's interesting if that's actually what the ballpark is. and, for the record, i think SGA is a better nba player now than Karl. but here was the deal:

SGA and Mike Muscala to the Knicks

for

Julius Randle, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, Quention Grimes - plus their 2023 1st from Dallas, their 2024 1st, their 2025 first from the Bucks, and their 2027 1st (top 5 protected).

first off, if the Knicks are going to toss around that many picks, WE should be who they are talking to - and secondly, why would the Thunder (who have a gajillion firsts) want more? SGA is one of the best things they've hit on in their process - why would they seek to lose that?

final note: Son of Yum reminded me today of what LAC sent the Thunder in exchange for Paul George back in 2019. in case you've forgotten, here's that trip down memory lane. Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous Alexander and FIVE first round picks. two have already landed - Tre Mann and Jalen Williams. i'd say PG13 has been a great player for the Clippers - but with the Kawhi injuries - everything has been derailed. and because of that, the trade is starting to look pretty horrible.
kindman

Post by kindman »

Towns/Russel for Davis/Westbrook? Towns is long term while Russel gives them space next year and would be an upgrade on that team
Randle/RJ Barret/Picks? for Towns? Get some picks back while making the team better
Simmons/Durant for Towns/ Russel/ Prince/Anderson? Again with the long term contract and bringing Dlo home:)

I hope they figure it out as is but if not, BIG SPLASH