Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

jacksonville jags

NFL Chat
Martyball

Re: jacksonville jags

Post by Martyball »

Teddy!!!
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Great first pass by Teddy. looked like a 1st down.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Give me a Cliff's notes summary on this game so far The Psycho!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Hornets wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 pm Give me a Cliff's notes summary on this game so far The Psycho!
Tua threw a shitty pass to Hill because he has a weak arm. Intercepted. He then got hurt. I believe his head hit the turf. My feed is in and out because I couldn't get logged into Amazon.So Teddy Bridgewater is in. He threw a nice pass on his first play which was 3rd and 17. I thought forward progress had the 1st down. But the went for a FG and it was partially blocked. Burrow came back and hit Higgins for a long TD.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Teddy looking good.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Burrow looks like shit. Yeah, He "Aint" over rated.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Teddy with a 64 yard pass to Tyreek!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

josh allen just scores a touchdown and the extra point ties this game up at 20. lamar jackson's turn now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

charles would have punted. no way. if you can't get that on 4th down then you don't deserve to win.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

didn't agree with that harbaugh decision before the play because of the loss of yardage on the second down play. you kick the FG there in my book.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

and the worst thing about that play was the interception in the end zone. bills don't have to move the ball from inside their five yard line.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

my gawd a honey badger call in the bills game. roughing the passer flag could decide this game.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i figure harbaugh will let the bills score the TD here.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

and he didn't. foolish on that end too. they can let the clock run down to next to nothing and kick the FG.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

fifth straight home loss for the ravens. the seat has to be real hot for harbaugh in baltimore.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

you don't call a TO you challenge the play. that was a jets touchdown.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

well they made an overrule without a challenge and gave NY the TD. i don't know exactly what happened there--but it was a touchdown.

bengals tied for first in that division now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

you can have your differences with pete caroll on how he calls a game--he blew a SB by not giving lynch the ball imo. but he's taken good care of himself. 71 years old and still has the energy and drive to be an NFL head coach. that's pretty good.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

lions had a great chance to get that onsides kick. the ball was there for them to recover.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i just tuned in to see mahomes throw that dipsy do pass for a TD. sounds like he's had a big first half.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

that was a legitimate creative play from andy there. you're wondering why they have mahomes in the pistol with the ball inside the one and they have the tight end take the snap and score.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

45 points in the first half. on a related note point-wise the seahawks never punted today in a game that had 93 total points.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 pm didn't agree with that harbaugh decision before the play because of the loss of yardage on the second down play. you kick the FG there in my book.
harbaugh explains himself while getting into it with one of his players. a good explanation for what he did--but still not the right one in hindsight.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-harba ... 32962.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:54 pm and the worst thing about that play was the interception in the end zone. bills don't have to move the ball from inside their five yard line.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:57 pm my gawd a honey badger call in the bills game. roughing the passer flag could decide this game.
roughing the passer? you make the call.

Jerome Boger’s ridiculous roughing the passer call cost Ravens dearly in loss to Bills

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

falcons get hosed on a roughing the passer call. that's why the the nfl is called by many as the national fixed league. the vikings were the beneficiaries of some home town refereeing calls too.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Was this roughing the passer? Debatable call goes Tom Brady's way

With just over three minutes remaining and Tampa Bay facing third-and-4 at midfield, defensive end Grady Jarrett looped around the right side of the line, came in low, and vacuumed up Tom Brady for what appeared to be a 10-yard loss. The Bucs would punt, the Falcons would get the ball back and Atlanta would have at least an opportunity to win, right?

Not so fast. Brady complained to the refs, and a flag flew, and just like that, the Bucs had a fresh set of downs. How exactly Jarrett's tackle constituted "roughing the passer" was left to the audience's imagination — imagination that would have to be highly creative to make sense of that call.

ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:01 pm falcons get hosed on a roughing the passer call. that's why the the nfl is called by many as the national fixed league. the vikings were the beneficiaries of some home town refereeing calls too.
That was one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ForCaleb wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:18 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:01 pm falcons get hosed on a roughing the passer call. that's why the the nfl is called by many as the national fixed league. the vikings were the beneficiaries of some home town refereeing calls too.
That was one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time.
it was bad--but it's just another of what was probably over a dozen terrible calls there'll be in the league this weekend. and non-calls. most all of them benefiting the home team. if you watch that last vikings drive you can see a couple holding calls on the line and the refs swallowed their whistles on those. happens every week.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Referee Jerome Boger fails to understand roughing the passer… again

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/referee-je ... 35342.html

We are not saying that the Falcons would have won if they had gotten the ball back. But we are saying that the Bucs benefited from a roughing the passer call that was both ridiculous and egregious, and the crew, led by Jerome Boger, completely blew the call.

Not that this would be the second time in a week that Boger’s crew blew such a call in a situation that could have been game-changing. In Week 4, Boger and his crew called roughing on Baltimore Ravens cornerback Brandon Stephens when it wasn’t, and that was a killer in a game against the Buffalo Bills that the Ravens lost.

Tom Brady and the terrible call: conspiracy or simple incompetence?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady- ... 20005.html