Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

jacksonville jags

NFL Chat
weimy froob

Re: jacksonville jags

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

panthers wasted a lot of time. he should have been fired the day after he cost his team the victory in that game against the vikings a couple of seasons ago.

Once a hot $62 million hire, Matt Rhule fired during third season as Panthers coach

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/once-a-hot ... 49787.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

starting to get at the root of the problem. bad officials.

Mike Vrabel calls for more training of officials, in order to ensure consistency

Last week, the league sent a video to all head coaches and General Managers that included examples of how to properly sack the quarterback. Titans coach Mike Vrabel replied — and used the “reply all” feature to do so.

Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports that Vrabel, a member of the NFL’s Competition Committee, responded to the email from NFL senior V.P. of officiating administration Perry Fewell with this message: “I appreciate the time and energy that goes into these videos, but I suggest we devote every minute of our officiating departments time ensuring our officiating crews are as well trained in the clarifications we worked to create in the off season and that each crew is as consistent as possible. Thank you.”

Good for Vrabel. Others surely feel the same way, but they won’t say so publicly or prominently for fear of the reactions and potential reprisals. At times like this, people who care about the good of the game need to let the stewards of the game hear it, loudly and clearly.

That’s ultimately what the key football operations employees of the league office are. Stewards of the game. In the grand scheme of things, it’s a temporary assignment. But it’s a very important one.

The integrity of the game should take precedence over all others considerations — especially the league’s short-term profit motives.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the power in the nfc this year is in the east? that's what the records tell us.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

setting up for an explosive second half in KC after those last two drives.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

josh allen jumping over players. in the red zone trailing by three. score the td with about 30 seconds left would be be optimum. just scored with 1:04 left in the game though. too much time for mahomes?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

number 7 jumped the route and picked off mahomes. bills in the driver's seat for the game and the conference. play under review. that's an interception--but we'll see what happens.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the interception stands.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

most games were one score difference affairs yesterday. 20-17 the number in three of them.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

looks like chicago's got a QB.

What a day! Justin Fields breaks historical NFL record by a quarterback.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/day-justin ... 03937.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

exciting end to the SNF game. mahomes delivers again.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Patrick Mahomes has more magic, leads Chiefs for a last-minute TD and win over Chargers
https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahome ... 01763.html
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Jags TDs. Jones with 2 great catches!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Psycho wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:35 pm Jags TDs. Jones with 2 great catches!
loved them going for two. why squib kick though--you gave tucker a chance to dagger you. good win for jacksonville though.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

burrow and the bungles beat the chiefs. mahomes limped off the field on his final play--but probably not too serious. 49ers have some physicality to them. they're going to squish the fish. seahawks find a way to get it done against the rams to stay on their heels.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm burrow and the bungles beat the chiefs. mahomes limped off the field on his final play--but probably not too serious. 49ers have some physicality to them. they're going to squish the fish. seahawks find a way to get it done against the rams to stay on their heels.
Thing is. 49ers are 4-0 in their division. I'm not sure who wins the tie breaker if the Seahawks beat the 49ers if they are tied and H2H is 1-1.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Psycho wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:28 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm burrow and the bungles beat the chiefs. mahomes limped off the field on his final play--but probably not too serious. 49ers have some physicality to them. they're going to squish the fish. seahawks find a way to get it done against the rams to stay on their heels.
Thing is. 49ers are 4-0 in their division. I'm not sure who wins the tie breaker if the Seahawks beat the 49ers if they are tied and H2H is 1-1.
how bad do you think that injury to jimmy G is? i just saw the replay and him being taken off the field in a cart. no audio. they need just minimum from their QB to win--but they do need the minimum.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:30 pm
The Psycho wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:28 pm
how bad do you think that injury to jimmy G is? i just saw the replay and him being taken off the field in a cart. no audio. they need just minimum from their QB to win--but they do need the minimum.
I didn't see it. Ankles can be tough to recover from. Probably 2-4 weeks. They'll be fine come playoffs. 3 seed right now. Once the Vikings lose at home, the 9ers will get another 2nd round game at home.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bills back as the #1seed in the AFC.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Psycho wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:51 pm
weimy froob wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm
The Psycho wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:47 pm

Parody in the league.

Boy, is Russell Wilson over rated. Instead of ripping on Jimmy G, they should be hammering Denver for the boatload they gave up. But RW won, and that's all that matters today.
Eli Manning roasts Russell Wilson’s Sunday Night Football performance

Manning said the Broncos should’ve paid their punter, Corliss Waitman, the $235 million they gave to Wilson this past offseason after acquiring him from Seattle.

The comment comes after Waitman punted 10 total times for 476 yards in a sloppy 11-10 win against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football, with Wilson struggling to get his team moving down the field.

:lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/eli-manning-ro ... 00049.html
Boy the clowns in the off season were gushing over Wilson. He is a shell of what he once was.
I actually have a working theory on what's going on with Wilson.

My lovely lady was a really close friend of a gal in New York. They were from the same hometown and talked on a weekly basis on the phone for a couple hours at a time. The gal in New York's boyfriend was a very close friend of Wilson. I saw pictures of those two hanging out all the time with Wilson and his wife. Like a lot of pictures. When I say all the time, I mean they hung out all the time.

Well the dude from NY died this last offseason (Wilson's friend). Might be effecting him, I don't know. He could just be washed up too. Never know.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

salamander wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:51 pm
weimy froob wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Eli Manning roasts Russell Wilson’s Sunday Night Football performance

Manning said the Broncos should’ve paid their punter, Corliss Waitman, the $235 million they gave to Wilson this past offseason after acquiring him from Seattle.

The comment comes after Waitman punted 10 total times for 476 yards in a sloppy 11-10 win against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football, with Wilson struggling to get his team moving down the field.

:lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/eli-manning-ro ... 00049.html
Boy the clowns in the off season were gushing over Wilson. He is a shell of what he once was.

My lovely lady was a really close friend of a gal in New York. They were from the same hometown and talked on a weekly basis on the phone for a couple hours at a time. The gal in New York's boyfriend was a very close friend of Wilson. I saw pictures of those two hanging out all the time with Wilson and his wife. Like a lot of pictures. When I say all the time, I mean they hung out all the time.

Well the dude from NY died this last offseason (Wilson's friend). Might be effecting him, I don't know. He could just be washed up too. Never know.
Damn. That's hardcore man. Wonder if he was Vaxxed?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

this is so good it needs to be posted. i'll put it here.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

one of the teams yahoo labeled as losers this week.

LOSERS
A bad Dolphins loss: Losing to the San Francisco 49ers wouldn't have been a bad result for the Miami Dolphins going into Sunday's game. Even losing by 16 wouldn't be the end of the world.

But when Jimmy Garoppolo went down with an ankle injury in the first quarter, leaving the 49ers with Brock Purdy — the last pick of the 2022 NFL draft — at quarterback, it became a game the Dolphins had to win.

The Dolphins not only didn't win, they got dominated in a 33-17 loss.

Miami's offense looked bad and that is understandable because the 49ers have a fantastic defense. But Miami's defense gave up 351 yards and 24 first downs to the 49ers on their third option at quarterback. And even against a good 49ers defense, the Dolphins shouldn't have had that much trouble scoring.

Miami is a good team and one loss doesn't change that. But the talk of them winning the AFC East and maybe even more probably needs to be cooled a bit.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Psycho wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 pm

It wasn't from COVID and he was Vaxxed.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

salamander wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:42 am

Damn.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

Mayfield with a game winning 98 yard drive. 1:45 and no timeouts. No Cooper Kupp either. Impressive.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Psycho wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:55 am

Damn.
Yeah, it's been hell for the gf. She's not in a great spot.
Martyball

Post by Martyball »

salamander wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:18 pm
The Psycho wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:55 am

Damn.
Yeah, it's been hell for the gf. She's not in a great spot.
I'm sorry to hear that. So many people have died.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

fox puts up a stat. largest discrepancy between starts of quarterbacks. brady 329 and purdy one. lulz.