Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

stanley black and decker

weimy froob

stanley black and decker

Post by weimy froob »

i think i'm going to buy this one. down enough from it's historical high and the dividend is solid. found it from a motley fool article.

It's been a tough year for Stanley Black & Decker -- which has been reflected in the stock price. Stanley Black & Decker stock is down 62% from its all-time high.

As a result, having started the year forecasting full-year adjusted earnings per share (EPS) of $12 to $12.50, management now expects just $5 to $6.

That said, even if the low end of the new guidance range easily covers the company's $3.20 dividend per share (currently yielding 3.7%), management thinks it can hit $7.25 next year. Meanwhile, the company is launching a fundamental restructuring expected to result in $2 billion in cost savings (on an ongoing basis) in the next couple of years.

If the restructuring is successful, investors can expect significant earnings growth in the coming years. But if you do buy the stock, be aware that management is trying to reduce inventory in the current environment, which might result in some pressure on its pricing in the second half of 2022.
weimy froob

Re: stanley black and decker

Post by weimy froob »

just put a good til cancel order in for 84 bucks on 70 shares. trading at 85 and change right now and the 52 week low is 83 and change.

bottom line: i expect the order to get filled soon.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

order filled.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

here's a vid from earlier this month when it was trading at 89 bucks. go to 4:25 and then press play.

https://www.tipranks.com/tv/stock-ideas ... strong-buy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Here’s What Corporate Insiders Are Buying This Week (SWK is the ticker symbol)
Sep 14, 2022, 07:31 AM

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

cramer's take on 9-19.

Stanley Black & Decker Inc: “I think that it can easily go down another 10%. If you’re willing to accept that, then I think you’re absolutely fine.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

could have put that order in at 82 bucks and it would have been filled this morning. new 52 week low--but on thin volume. oh well--this is a dividend play unless it has a V shaped recovery in the stock price. not expecting that. lulz. earning about 3.8 percent on the money while i wait for the turnaround. just don't cut that dividend.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i would have saved myself 140 bucks by waiting 24 hours. that's about nine months of the yearly dividend. just what happens when i make a semi-impulsive buy on the bottom. but the money had been on the sideline for years and now i have a real reason to follow the stock and hopefully can get a feel for it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

no doubt i made a $280-420 mistake by not setting the limit order to 82 or 81 bucks. hopefully i didn't make a bigger one--but the dividend would be paying over four percent at those levels.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:08 pm no doubt i made a $280-420 mistake by not setting the limit order to 82 or 81 bucks. hopefully i didn't make a bigger one--but the dividend would be paying over four percent at those levels.

That's about how much I'm down on Riot Blockchain :lol:
BFF of RubeChick
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Riley91 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:08 pm no doubt i made a $280-420 mistake by not setting the limit order to 82 or 81 bucks. hopefully i didn't make a bigger one--but the dividend would be paying over four percent at those levels.

That's about how much I'm down on Riot Blockchain :lol:
i should have put a good till cancel order in at 80 bucks. now i'm following the stock though and i only bought 70 shares. as long as they don't cut the dividend i'm fine. i see where the long term support line is and that would be with a dividend yield right around 8 percent. i'd buy some more at that price.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

just terrible timing on this buy. down another two points early this morning. did i mention that i'm earning 3.8 percent on my purchase? lulz.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

geez we're bouncing off a 52 week low in the last hour of trading. hopefully SWK can show some strength into the close instead of fading again.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

rallied into the close. up two plus points off the bottom. maybe there's some support there. time for a relief rally next week.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

The rare passionate Black & Decker investor lol. Only slightly less common than the passionate Intel investor!
BFF of RubeChick
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:59 am just terrible timing on this buy. down another two points early this morning. did i mention that i'm earning 3.8 percent on my purchase? lulz.
I wouldn't worry about it. Everything is going down, and its pretty hard to time the market. Sitting on the sidelines during times like this is a safe play, but then you risk missing out on the boat. I'm not a fan of dollar cost averaging, but right now it makes sense. Get in, keep adding when you can when the market is going down. Much better strategy than waiting for the market to rise again, and missing out. Accumulate on the way down, sell on the way up.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:21 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:59 am just terrible timing on this buy. down another two points early this morning. did i mention that i'm earning 3.8 percent on my purchase? lulz.
I wouldn't worry about it. Everything is going down, and its pretty hard to time the market. Sitting on the sidelines during times like this is a safe play, but then you risk missing out on the boat. I'm not a fan of dollar cost averaging, but right now it makes sense. Get in, keep adding when you can when the market is going down. Much better strategy than waiting for the market to rise again, and missing out. Accumulate on the way down, sell on the way up.
i'm not. i put some cash to work without putting in a lower good til cancel order. should have done it--but i wanted to buy some SWK. it held up today while the market went down--so maybe there's some support here. it's a dividend play.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

a quick look at the early morning market action. i did hear an analyst with a sell call on the stock--but it's had a good week so far.

SWK:NYSE
Last | 9:38 AM EDT
quote price arrow up+2.72 (+3.44%)

edit: Last | 2:02 PM EDT
quote price arrow up+4.01 (+5.07%)

edit: Close
quote price arrow up+4.19 (+5.30%)
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Bought a used Black and Decker Edge Hog this summer. Works great. HTH
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

NEW BRITAIN, Conn., Oct. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) announced today that its Board of Directors approved a regular fourth quarter cash dividend of $0.80 per common share. This extends the company’s record for the longest consecutive annual and quarterly dividend payments among industrial companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The dividend is payable on Tuesday, December 20, 2022 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Thursday, December 1, 2022.
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:21 pm
I've been saying that 2022 and into 23 are the years of accumulation for months. At first I was met with comments such as...

Lol, no

-The Psycho

But now some folks are starting to come around. Wether it's stocks or crypto or other, everything is on sale and bear markets don't last forever. Stack up now, sell during the next bull run. It takes patience and discipline which is why most amatuer investors fail

I'm still averaging in and the world is still welcome to laugh. Check back in a few years
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Stanley Black (SWK) Q3 Earnings & Revenues Surpass Estimates

(wasn't reflected in the stock action today though.)
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

here's why.

Outlook
Stanley Black revised its outlook for 2022. The company now anticipates adjusted earnings per share of $4.15-$4.65 per share compared with $5.00-$6.00 per share guided previously. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for 2022 adjusted earnings stands at $5.46.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

not on a whole lot of volume--but i'll take it.

SWK:NYSE
RT Quote | Last NASDAQ LS, VOL From CTA | USD
Last | 10:27 AM EST
quote price arrow up+6.98 (+9.45%)
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Close
quote price arrow up+7.59 (+10.28%)
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

really don't know who got excited about the stock--but i'll take it. no news--maybe it' a spurt based on the dividend. above water on the buy though--for the time being. :coolio:

Last | 10:23 AM EST
quote price arrow up+3.99 (+4.90%)
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

clawed back to even in less than two months. coulda, woulda, shoulda put in a buy order at 75 bucks. oh well--this was a dividend play to put some cash to work anyways. was going to buy silver--but went this route instead and i'll be collecting that first dividend on december 2. most investors are in much higher as the 52 week high on the stock is 199 bucks so there's no reason to whine about not catching absolute bottom of the stock--if that's what it was last month. (for as long as i hold it that is--and i plan on holding it for years.)
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

I read an article the other day where they said Stanley Black & Decker is a good buy right now. I might buy some. I coincidentally used an electric sander made by them over the weekend. It's a quality sander.
BFF of RubeChick
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Riley91 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:09 am I read an article the other day where they said Stanley Black & Decker is a good buy right now. I might buy some. I coincidentally used an electric sander made by them over the weekend. It's a quality sander.
just checked. it's at 80 and change. put in an order to fill at 70 bucks good til cancel and see what happens.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

To the moon!
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap: