Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Quake

Video game themed message board
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Quake

Post by Abe Froman »

Anyone heard of they are remaking this game? They've remade doom and Wolfenstein so it kinda seems like a natural remake...

Wouldn't it be kinda cool if they remade Quake Arena but with all of Microsoft's FPS assets as playable characters. Quake's Ranger, Doom guy, MasterChef, B.J. Blazkowicz, Marcus Fenix, someone from COD, TES, Fallout, Crackdown etc... There could be some pretty cool shit in that game. Thoughts?
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Quake

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Yeah. It's seems applicable since all the "kids" are playing Warzone these days. They might as well throw their hat into the ring. They have the resources to compete.

Personally, I think these games get boring as there's no point. Who cares if you're the #1 guy? I'm not on discord, nor am I interested in streaming.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:37 am Yeah. It's seems applicable since all the "kids" are playing Warzone these days. They might as well throw their hat into the ring. They have the resources to compete.

Personally, I think these games get boring as there's no point. Who cares if you're the #1 guy? I'm not on discord, nor am I interested in streaming.
I wouldn't buy it if there weren't a story to the game. Like a sequel or even better a redo of the franchise as a whole. They've done well with Wolfenstein and Doom, I think they should do the same with Quake, and then go balls out with the multiplayer for that game.
I made this!
Dr. Linux

Post by Dr. Linux »

Unreal Tournament!!!!!!!
-

Got Root?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:42 am Anyone heard of they are remaking this game? They've remade doom and Wolfenstein so it kinda seems like a natural remake...

Wouldn't it be kinda cool if they remade Quake Arena but with all of Microsoft's FPS assets as playable characters. Quake's Ranger, Doom guy, MasterChef, B.J. Blazkowicz, Marcus Fenix, someone from COD, TES, Fallout, Crackdown etc... There could be some pretty cool shit in that game. Thoughts?
That actually would be really sweet.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.