Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

silver

weimy froob

silver

Post by weimy froob »

a guy was touting it as a good investment right now. buying the physical product. the gold/silver ratio is out of wack with the historical numbers. any buyers lately?
Riley91

Re: silver

Post by Riley91 »

I've been buying Bitcoin only for some time now and will continue indefinitely. Tons of Bitcoin.
BFF of RubeChick
Unbiased Observer

Post by Unbiased Observer »

While physical silver is very attractive IMO, good luck finding much physical silver at attractive premiums. ASEs are a hell no.

For me the best value I find are Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) bars. They are well-known and respected, but yet carry less premium that ASEs per troz.

Right now you can get the 100 troz RCM bars for around $2100. Excellent balance of name recognition and price.

The 10 troz RCM bars are around $240.

A roll of twenty random date ASEs is $620 ($31 per troz). That is waaaaaaaaaay too much of a premium to pay. Not sure what a full monster box costs.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Unbiased Observer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:11 pm While physical silver is very attractive IMO, good luck finding much physical silver at attractive premiums. ASEs are a hell no.

For me the best value I find are Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) bars. They are well-known and respected, but yet carry less premium that ASEs per troz.

Right now you can get the 100 troz RCM bars for around $2100. Excellent balance of name recognition and price.

The 10 troz RCM bars are around $240.

A roll of twenty random date ASEs is $620 ($31 per troz). That is waaaaaaaaaay too much of a premium to pay. Not sure what a full monster box costs.
my dad's a silver and gold bug. I'll give him a call and see if we can put together an order. thinking about 10 grand as a hedge.
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

The premiums are atrocious. Just like the oil barons the silver dealers are ripping the American people off.
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Unbiased Observer

Wakanda wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:12 pm The premiums are atrocious. Just like the oil barons the silver dealers are ripping the American people off.
Yes and no. Some of them are simply underwater on their physical stock at this point.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i can get a 100 oz Johnson Matthey Silver Bar or an asahi 100 oz silver bar for 2200 dollars plus tax i'm sure. sound like a good buy Unbiased?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i took a look at the silver chart. not too pretty--probably still going lower. i'm going to dollar cost average into this.
Unbiased Observer

weimy froob wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:55 pm i can get a 100 oz Johnson Matthey Silver Bar or an asahi 100 oz silver bar for 2200 dollars plus tax i'm sure. sound like a good buy Unbiased?
Yeah but you should be able to find it without sales tax.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Unbiased Observer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:39 am
weimy froob wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:55 pm i can get a 100 oz Johnson Matthey Silver Bar or an asahi 100 oz silver bar for 2200 dollars plus tax i'm sure. sound like a good buy Unbiased?
how? anyways i'm going to be watching silver and dollar cost average buy--maybe even buy just once a year. let me know how you get away from the sales tax.
Unbiased Observer

weimy froob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:46 am
Unbiased Observer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:39 am
how? anyways i'm going to be watching silver and dollar cost average buy--maybe even buy just once a year. let me know how you get away from the sales tax.
eBay/online sellers.

This seller does not charge any sales tax. One of the three I buy from.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331567230236
Unbiased Observer

Better price here. Also no sales tax.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202643402936
Unbiased Observer

Unbiased Observer

And if you are curious. the price is constantly shifting on the bars in response to spot price. Not sure if they have it automated, or some poor sap is doing it manually.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

:thumbsup:
Unbiased Observer

I remember trying to get my mom set up on Apmex or someplace, and they wanted to charge sales tax. I was surprised and did a bunch of research at the time, since I was buying through eBay with no sales tax. My conclusion was that no sales tax should be charged. I don't remember the details though.
PH81
Literally is the reason for everything that goes wrong and is not the official weather man of this site

Post by PH81 »

Found my first 90% last week.
SKYSPYSKYSPYSKYSPY

The Official weather dude of froobchat.
Unbiased Observer

PH81 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:32 am Found my first 90% last week.
I have not found a 90%-er in change for quite a number of years now. I know the last two were Roosevelt dimes.

Drop a pre-64 quarter on a hard floor in a room full of old people sometime and watch how many heads turn.
PH81
Literally is the reason for everything that goes wrong and is not the official weather man of this site

Post by PH81 »

Unbiased Observer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:52 pm
Karen wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:32 am Found my first 90% last week.
I have not found a 90%-er in change for quite a number of years now. I know the last two were Roosevelt dimes.

Drop a pre-64 quarter on a hard floor in a room full of old people sometime and watch how many heads turn.
They sound different for sure.

I roll hunt. 1/2 dollars.

I wish I knew about it 20+ years ago...............
SKYSPYSKYSPYSKYSPY

Unbiased Observer

PH81 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:40 am
Karen wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:32 am Found my first 90% last week.

It has been 15 years since I did any roll hunting. It was pretty bad even back then. Maybe a 40% Kennedy here or there. Only one '64.
PH81

Post by PH81 »

Unbiased Observer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:30 am
Karen wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:40 am

It has been 15 years since I did any roll hunting. It was pretty bad even back then. Maybe a 40% Kennedy here or there. Only one '64.
$900 in and have found 4 40% 1 90%..............a box of 500 only had a 40%
SKYSPYSKYSPYSKYSPY

NotRasho
***Official Gibby Award Winner - May 2018***

Post by NotRasho »

Ive been buying sterling silver (candlesticks, platters, utensils etc) for a long time and just breaking it down and throwing it in bins. At some point I will take the time to refine it all and pour some bars.
thinktank wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm But, what do I know?

I was only honorable mention all-conference.
tcfanatic

Post by tcfanatic »

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.p ... n_number=0

Not sure the status but this bill has been introduced to eliminate sales tax on precious metal coins. Right now if you buy from a local coin shop or reputable online dealer (JM Bullion, Money Metals, SD Bullion etc...), They will tax any Coin that is considered legal tender. It's fucking stupid and I hope it passes.

For the time being you can still buy bars or rounds that aren't government backed. Many Ebay sellers won't collect the tax but there's also some risk buying from eBay.
"Everyone makes mistakes"

~Coach Guy on Alex Jones
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Keep stacking boys !
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats