Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Madden on the PS5 anyone?

Video game themed message board
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Madden on the PS5 anyone?

Post by Abe Froman »

I usually get my Madden for Xbox but I figured I'd try the ps5 version so I can compare them when it comes out on gamepass. Any reviews?
I made this!
jffl_commish

Re: Madden on the PS5 anyone?

Post by jffl_commish »

I haven't played Madden in a decade. I hope that helps.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:07 pm I haven't played Madden in a decade. I hope that helps.
It probably still looks the same.

Actually... I should hook up my 360 and pop in Madden 13. I bet it's not very far off.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I checked out some screenshots... Madden 13, does in fact, look far worse... but not that damn much worse considering we are 2 console generations, and a decade worth of development away from that time. It actually kind of pisses me off.

Last night I fired up my Xbox series x and played... Fallout New Vegas... I mean, the game does look a lot better with the series x than it did back in the day, but still... I'm literally still playing 360 games 2 console generations later because devs cannot seem to make decent games anymore.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I miss franchise creation. I want my own team dammit
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I bought it on XBOX... sorry. Haven't played a lot so far, but I do feel like they've made some visual/player model enhancements this year. The players look as lifelike as I can remember them since the PS2 days lol. I'm not a hardcore enough gamer to speak to the mechanics of the game itself, but I've had fun. That said, I generally don't play defense anymore and any game I just do "play offense only".
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:08 pm I bought it on XBOX... sorry. Haven't played a lot so far, but I do feel like they've made some visual/player model enhancements this year. The players look as lifelike as I can remember them since the PS2 days lol. I'm not a hardcore enough gamer to speak to the mechanics of the game itself, but I've had fun. That said, I generally don't play defense anymore and any game I just do "play offense only".
I used to go full into the defense, but now I basically just rush the QB. It's still pretty satisfying to blow up the QB.
I made this!
salamander

Post by salamander »

I have had a Playstation my entire life (Since OG PS anyways) and xbox on and off through my life.

Madden is one of the few games I absolutely prefer on xbox.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:54 am I checked out some screenshots... Madden 13, does in fact, look far worse... but not that damn much worse considering we are 2 console generations, and a decade worth of development away from that time. It actually kind of pisses me off.

Last night I fired up my Xbox series x and played... Fallout New Vegas... I mean, the game does look a lot better with the series x than it did back in the day, but still... I'm literally still playing 360 games 2 console generations later because devs cannot seem to make decent games anymore.
Yeah, it sucks. So much time and money is spent trying to make movement and graphics look realistic instead of making the game fun.

You don't need to sink tons of money into hooking humans up to sensors and make characters walk look realistic. Make a good fucking game and elite, realistic graphics don't matter that much.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:59 am I miss franchise creation. I want my own team dammit
Me too. Sadly, this takes away from their money maker so it'll never come back. Madden Ultimate Team is literally the worst thing ever to hit the Madden franchise.

This is why I hate that EA has the only license to the NFL. No competition in the market breeds stale gameplay.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

salamander wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:15 am I have had a Playstation my entire life (Since OG PS anyways) and xbox on and off through my life.

I'm having a tough time liking the new PS5 controller. It just forces my hands at an angle I'm not used to for gaming. I guess I'm just very very used to the Xbox controllers. If I can't adjust to this, I'm gonna be looking for a third party controller that's either more like Xbox or more like the OG playstation controller.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

salamander wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 am
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:59 am I miss franchise creation. I want my own team dammit
Me too. Sadly, this takes away from their money maker so it'll never come back. Madden Ultimate Team is literally the worst thing ever to hit the Madden franchise.

This is why I hate that EA has the only license to the NFL. No competition in the market breeds stale gameplay.
Same. The Fargo Phantoms and Grand Forks Gremlins need a triumphant return to the NFL to take their seat next to the other legendary franchises in the NFL pantheon.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Dear Electronic Arts,

Please..do not fuck up NCAA Football upon it's return.

-Sincerely,
Mr. Hawk
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:40 am Dear Electronic Arts,

-Sincerely,
Mr. Hawk
Of course they'll screw it up. I always like to build my own college, start out as a cupcake, and roll.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 pm

-Sincerely,
Mr. Hawk
Of course they'll screw it up. I always like to build my own college, start out as a cupcake, and roll.
Hell yeah! Then once they're a juggernaut, ditch them for East Carolina or Troy. Build that team up, get invited to a larger conference, and eventually trade them in for a crappier school.

I still play NCAA '09 on PS2, with DeSean Jackson on the cover. It's the ultimate simulator, and there's tremendous sliders guys figured out 10 years ago that you can use. They still have Spring Drills to improve recruits and you can switch out FCS teams for FBS ones.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

-Sincerely,
Mr. Hawk
Hell yeah! I cant wait. This is the last version of Madden I will buy for a while.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:07 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:15 am I have had a Playstation my entire life (Since OG PS anyways) and xbox on and off through my life.

I'm having a tough time liking the new PS5 controller. It just forces my hands at an angle I'm not used to for gaming. I guess I'm just very very used to the Xbox controllers. If I can't adjust to this, I'm gonna be looking for a third party controller that's either more like Xbox or more like the OG playstation controller.
I struggled mightily with it for awhile. I genuinely loved the DS2 for PS3 that everyone hated because you're thumb tips touched. It was small and you could get to all the buttons very easily. It was a fantastic controller, best one ever IMO.

This one for the PS5 is the biggest controller yet and it's taking me a long time to get used to it. I don't have small hands either.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

-Sincerely,
Mr. Hawk
LFG!!
For the first time in more than a decade, EA Sports will be releasing a college football video game. And while fans celebrate the arrival of EA Sports College Football 25 this summer, no group is rejoicing more than NCAA players.

More than 11,000 college football players will have their first chance to opt in and get paid for the use of their likeness on Thursday.

Since EA Sports put out its last college football game — NCAA Football 14 — on July 9, 2013, the company has come up with a new system to deal with name, image and likeness now that players can be compensated for their image rights.

"We feel very proud that we'll be the largest program, likely the highest-spending program," Sean O'Brien, EA Sports' vice president of business development, told ESPN. "And really an inclusive opportunity with an equitable distribution of funds across the board."

Any player that opts in will be paid $600 and receive a copy of the game. EA Sports needed a school email to send the opt-in notice and confirmation from the colleges that said player is on the roster to add the athlete to the game.

If a player maintains their opt-in throughout the duration of his career, then he will receive an annual check. The compensation was determined by looking at how other games on the market were negotiated, and the money is guaranteed regardless of the game's success.

A player will have the ability to opt into one annual version of the game and opt out of a later one. Transferring will have no impact on a player's ability to be in the game as long as he is on his new team's roster. Teams will have a maximum of 85 players per school — the scholarship limit for schools at the top level of college football — during the initial release.

"There's nothing been done on this scale that EA is doing, where every student-athlete that participates in the game is guaranteed revenue," Cory Moss, the CEO of the Collegiate Licensing Company, told ESPN.

The opportunities for payment don't stop there, O'Brien said. The company is looking to pay athletes in both men's and women's sports to help promote the game. Players can be paid for social media posts, advertising, on-campus spots and usage on the cover. This goes without mentioning the NIL opportunities that'll splinter off from the creation of the game.

"The vehicle is obviously a college football game," O'Brien said, "but we really want to celebrate the fact that we're back in college in doing that."

When Notre Dame announced on Tuesday that it would participate, that ensured all 134 FBS programs would be in the game. No FCS school will be featured, however, according to Daryl Holt, EA Sports' senior vice president.

Holt, who also serves as the group general manager of Tiburon Studios and American Football, said EA Sports worked with schools to get roster photos to create likenesses.

The plan, O'Brien said, is to be here for the long haul. Whether college players unionize or the college football landscape changes again, EA Sports believes it has properly prepared for what lies ahead.

"We feel very confident that nothing that happens in the future will put us in a position where we'll have to exit because of the strategy we've [employed] right from day one," O'Brien said.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-players-c ... 34109.html

salamander

Post by salamander »

EA having a monopoly on NFL football is a damn travesty.